main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The cruellest 'cut' of all...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Jun 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Butler's Butler

The Butler's Butler Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2000
  2. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

This is slightly out of sync, I should have posted it a while ago but the plot bunnies wouldn't let me catch them..... sorry if it causes problems....

Dimallie slowly gazed around the ward.

The infirmary had finally settled down to some sort of normality. All the film equipment had been packed away. The crew had disappeared for the night. And that director person, Maridin or whatever her name was, had finally left with Yoda after spending hours pouring over a datapad with An-Paj.

An-Paj. She knew she had to apologise to him and hoped Jasmyn had been right about Sunny not getting her way. And she had to do it now before her nerve gave out.

Letting the force wash over her in an effort to calm down she slowly dragged herself over to the healer's office. Pausing at the door she resisted the temptation to turn and run away, and continued up to the Healer.

An-Paj had been aware she'd been hovering around his office waiting for a chance to speak to him. And after spending the last six hours dealing with Sunny and Meridin he didn't see why anyone else had to suffer because of them.

He looked up as she stopped infront of his desk and smiled sympathetically. "Dimallie. It's not been one of your better days today, has it!"

Dimallie seemed to brace herself before answering. "I'm so sorry for what happened earlier. I would like to apologise ..."

"Dimallie, it was an accident. Accidents do happen. It's just unfortunate it was to Sunny and with a film crew standing by to catch the end of it." An-Paj sighed. "I've spoken to Meridin. As far as she's concerned it provides her with an excellent chance to get an insight from a patients point of view. Sunny......" he grimaced "was slightly harder to mollify, but by agreeing a few things, well we've managed to sort it out."

Some of the tension left Dimallie.

"The first point is that she'll have her own healer or apprentice healer to look after her. I had thought of Simeon, but knowing my padawan he'll do nothing but sit and grin at her all day. I'll be speaking to Gethin tomorrow to see if he feels up to the task. I'm sure Sunny will be extremely satisfied with that arrangement."

A small smile escaped Dimallie. Gethin was the healer almost every female in the temple hoped would look after them if they ever made an appearance here. And his bedside manner was only a small part of the reason...

"The second point is is to do with you Dimallie. I've explained to Sunny that Jedi deal with problems and situations in their own way. She's agreed to leave the matter in my hands."

Dimallie's smile disappeared to be replace with a look of apprehension.

"And?"

"Well, I believe Healer Leona had volunteered her services to help with the initiates field trip tomorrow, but if Gethin's looking after Sunny we're going to be slightly short of Healers. I explained the situation to your Master and she agrees it was a stroke of genius on my part to suggest you go on the trip instead of her. I know how fond the little, er the initiates are of you."

An-Paj only just managed to keep his face neutral as Dimallie gazed at him in horror. He knew she didn't deserve to be punished, and in his book this was definitely a punishment. But he HAD promised Healer Leona he'd get her out of going on the trip ...

3. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    LOL! hehehe

Kabe glanced at the door. He had to find something to do. Qui-Gon had just left with Rela, and now Obi-Wan was sitting staring at nothing again. "Hey Obi-Wan."

"Hmmm?" He turned his attention away from nothing for a moment.

"Let's go do something."

"Like what?"

Kabe shrugged. "I don't know. Something. . .spur of the moment, interesting, adventurous and exciting."

"We could go study fish."

"Oh yeah, excitment, I was thinking. . ." Kabe grinned.

"What?" Obi-Wan looked horrified.

"Come on." Kabe grabbed Obi-Wan's arm and tugged him out the door.

"Where are we going Kabe?"

"The Healers."

4. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

The Healers!!!!?????!!!!! Obi-Wan going there voluntarily???!!!!!

Quick, someone catch me, I'm fainting................. (Thump)............ not fast enough.......

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Calamity, I felt the same way. LOL, all I could see was Obi-Wan's expression of utter horror at the suggestion.

6. Madame Mara

Madame Mara Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2000
    why...????????????????????????????????????????????

7. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Obi-Wan's face drained of color. "No way."

Kabe pulled him down the hall. "It'll be fun. I promise."

Obi-Wan shook his head vigorously. "There is no way I'm going down there! I'm down there enough!"

"Don't worry, this time you'll actually enjoy it!" Kabe grinned.

"What have you planned?"

"I don't know yet. I just know it's going to be fun."

"My Master's told me about your fun experiences. . "

Kabe interrupted. "Quinn had fun too, he'd just never admit it to you. Hurry up, you're dragging like you're dead."

//I'll bet I'll wish I were when Qui-Gon finsd out about this. . .//
    Sorry it's so short, but yeah. . more soon! btw, where's the post about visiting Mace!!!???

8. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    more!!!!!!!!!!

9. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Okay, just a short bit....

An-Paj waited for Healer Leona to finish the injection she was giving before attracting her attention.

"Leona. How's everything this morning?"

Leona smiled. "If you're referring to Dimallie, my padawan made the transport along with all the other padawans and initiates. Mind you, I believe they had to wait a full half hour for padawans Jodi and Letina to arrive. Apparently they were rather surprised to find out everyone hadn't already left." Her smile fell slightly. "I'm not sure if I should have agreed to Dimallie replacing me. After all, it was an accident An-Paj."

"Just look at it as a character building exercise for her, and a reward for good behaviour for you." He smiled. "And another piece of good news is Gethin's agreed to look after Sunny."

Leona almost hugged him! "That is GREAT news! Oh, I know we're supposed to be professional about every situation, but that woman had me running around like some sort of servant for her this morning! You should have heard her comments about the food!"

"Leona, I couldn't miss them! Her bed's the nearest one to my office." His eyes twinkled. "I have however reviewed her notes and decided she needs alot more rest and quiet. I've therefore asked Simeon and Gethin to move Ms Breeze up to the other end of Kenobi ward where I think she'll improve much quicker."

Leona started to laugh. However it turned into an amazed gasp as she gazed over An-Paj's shoulder....

10. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Okay, this will tie into Calamity's post. . .about in the middle/end.

"So, my friend," Kabe grinned at Obi-Wan. "Have you told her how you feel?"

"What? Who?" Obi-Wan stared at him.

"Jemmiah of course lover-boy."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, "Shut up Kabe."

"This is too much fun. . I bet you couldn't even hold a conversation with her! Let alone tell her how you feel!"

Obi-Wan looked at him defiantly. "I could too, if I WANTED to."

"Bet you twenty credits you couldn't." Kabe looked down the hall.

"You're on!" Obi-Wan shook his hand.

Kabe ginned widely. "Now's your chance lover-boy. . .'cause here she comes!"

Obi-Wan looked down the hall in horror. Striding toward them quickly was Jemmiah. "No, no, I can't." Obi-Wan whispered.

"A bet is a bet. No going back."

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and wished it all away. He opened them again. No use, she was still walking toward him. "Please Kabe."

He shook his head. Jemmiah walked up to them. "Hey Ben."

"Uh, Jemmy."

"So, uh, where are you going?"

"The uh. ." He mumbled something unrecognizable.

"What?" Jemmiah questioned.

"Healers. .bye. ." He hurried past her. Kabe caught up with him.

"Pay up lover-boy."

Obi-Wan grumbled something about paying for it by going to the Healers. Kabe let it go. The kid was going through enough trauma as was.

Kabe had been formulating a plan. A very good plan. . ."Here's what we're gonna do. ."

Obi-Wan finished dipping cloth in the liquid with gloved hands. "Done."

"Good," Kabe said, filling the syringe to the correct amount. "Set it on the tray." Kabe carried the small tray and set it next to Sunny Breeze's room. "Mission accomplised. Let's walk over next to the back door, you can still see, but also have means for escape."

Obi-Wan was dreading what was to come. It couldn't be good. . .

Leona glanced over An-Paj shoulder in time to see Sunny throw an absolute fit. She was screaming at the top of her lungs, spitting something out of her mouth, while scratching herself in a very un-lady-like fashion. Leona glanced at the entrances. She saw two suspicious characters fleeing out the back door. //Gotcha.//

Qui-Gon Jinn walked into the Healers. He'd run into Jemmiah who said that Obi-Wan was coming down the the infirmary. He was quite worried. He walked in at the precise moment Sunny began her fit, also in time to see his two charges, one present, one former, make a dash for the door. Obi-Wan was in the lead luckily. //Stop right there,// He commanded through their bond. Obi-Wan stopped dead in his tracks. Kabe bumped into him. Qui-Gon saw the look of horror that came across his Padawan's face as he scanned the room and found his Master staring daggers at him.

//This is not good, definitely not good.// Kabe was whispering something in his ear. Something like 'get a move on.' Obi-Wan's eyes were fixed on his Master. Kabe looked to see what Obi-Wan was staring at, then let out a moan.

Kabe and Obi-Wan sat in An-Paj office for at least thirty minutes before anyone came in. Escape had crossed Obi-Wan's mind once, Kabe's many times. Qui-Gon strode into the room, followed closely by a fuming An-Paj.

"You two. . ." Qui-Gon began.

An-Paj let his fury get the best of him. "LEMON JUICE! LEMON JUICE! That was supposed to be pain killer, and what does it turn out to be?! STRAIGHT LEMON JUICE! Then. . you dip the cooling cloth in Daisk liquid! You KNOW every human is allergic to it! The only reason we keep it in stock is for the Bothans!" An-Paj was furious. And he rarely was furious. Obi-Wan was ALMOST frightened. Not of An-Paj, but the calm look his Master was giving them.
    Hope that was okay! Give me some feedback!

11. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

He, he, I just KNEW they were going to get caught!! I almost said poor Sunny, but I've got a feeling she'll probably make up for this later on in the story......

Now, are they going to get out of this? Or is An-Paj going to come up with the worst punishment ever? (Good thing it wasn't the day before in the story or they'd be joining Dimallie on the initiate outing!)

12. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Great more please!

13. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I love it!

Please don't forget about Rela. If I can think of something, I'll post it.

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry it's so short. Just wanted to get this in.

Rela sat watching the blue-skinned healer shouting at her friends. She suddenly noticed something and started laughing. If An-paj was truly angry, this wasn?t helping matters.

?What are you laughing at?? he asked Rela sourly.

Rela did her best to swallow her laughter, but it kept bubbling up as soon as she looked at the healer.

?You?ve got the same vein thing happening in your forehead that Qui-Gon gets when he?s angry.? she finally got out. ?Oh wait! Jedi don?t get angry do they?? she teased.

An-Paj just gave Rela a deadly look. ?If you want that looked at you better be careful.? he said motioning to her eye.

Rela just shrugged her shoulders. ?Whatever." She then turned to Kabe and laughingly asked him. "But what I want to know is how in the galaxy you persuaded Kenobi to come here when he didn?t need to.?

15. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

You go girl!!!!!

And poor Qui-Gon! He had double trouble before, but now he's got Obi, Jemmy, Rela AND Quinn........ why does the phrase ".. a bad feeling about this" spring to mind?

16. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    So Osrry am I for my stupid computer cutting me off.

Maridin? Okay!
    ==================================================
    It was pretty late when Maridin woke up. Late for her anyway.

When she finnally stepped out of the simplistic beauty of the Jedi quarters, her first priority was to check on her star reporter.

Or not.

After all, to make a good show she needed some background information.

She checked her chronometer. Stalis would be there in an hour, plenty of time to get set up for the day's filming.

She pulled out her data pad and headed for the infirmary....

Uh, where was the infirmary?

Maridin tried to follow the paths she had taken in reverse last night, looking for a lift, SOMEWHERE!

"Dammit!' she cried. "I'm stranded again!"

It took her another fifteen minutes to calm down, then she realised she'd been standing infront of the elevator the whole time.

Hoping to God the Jedi didn't have surveilence, she rode the lift up to the infirmary.

When the door opened, she felt out of place. Yesturday she was welcomed, but only because everyone else was there, but today!

Maridin tossed her head from side to side wondering where they were holding sunny.

"YRRCK!" a female voice cried from her left. "You call this Food!"

"That's my girl!" Maridin smiled, testing her reflexes so she could escape if need be.

==================================================
    Not much, I'll write when I have more time!

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Good one, light_sabe_r!! I wonder, does Maridin get hazard pay for working with such a prima-donna?

18. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

He, he. I have a feeling this day's going to be very busy and very stressful for everyone....

19. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Rela just shrugged her shoulders. ?Whatever." She then turned to Kabe and laughingly asked him. "But what I want to know is how in the galaxy you persuaded Kenobi to come here when he didn?t need to.?

Kabe grinned. "Simple." He motioned for her to bring her head down, then whispered in her ear. "Blackmail."

"Ah, I see." She glanced at Kabe then at Obi-Wan. She leaned back down and whispered, "There's actually something about Obi-Wan the whole Temple DOESN'T know."

Kabe just smiled and nodded. "I see." Rela looked back at the Jedi Masters, one of which was glaring masterfully at her. "I think I'll go wait in chairs." She quickly left the room.

An-Paj was glaring at the two criminals now. "I think that if I give out your punishment, you'll be dead." Kabe seemed uninterested and glanced out the door. "Get out of here, Qui-Gon, YOU figure out something to do with them!"

Qui-Gon nodded and walked out the door. Kabe and Obi-Wan followed closely behind, fearing that An-Paj might 'accidentally' inject them with something lethal.

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Thanks Ejedir! That was funny!

21. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm backed up to next tuesday writing-wise, but I'll try to get something in on this soon.

22. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  23. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Up ya go!!!!!

24. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Qui-Gon never broke stride and walked straight to their room. He waited until Obi-Wan and Kabe had walked in, then shut the door. Once shut, Qui-Gon burst into laughter. Obi-Wan's eyes widened in amazement. And Kabe just smirked and gave Obi-Wan the 'I-told-you-so look'.

In between his fits of laughter, Qui-Gon somehow ordered them to their rooms, Kabe to Obi-Wan's and Obi-Wan was sent into the 'fresher. //How typical.// Obi-Wan sulked.

Qui-Gon hadn't had that much amusement since Obi-Wan had fallen into the fountain, even then. Sith, he didn't get out much. It was just like old times, having Kabe back. He'd forgotten how much fun, and how much trouble, Kabe could be. He walked out of the room, not caring if Kabe and Obi-Wan escaped.

Obi-Wan peeked out of the 'fresher. His quarters were empty. He couldn't see Qui-Gon anywhere, nor hear him laughing. It had been a rare event to see his Master actually LAUGH, not just chuckle or smile. Was this what Kabe had meant? When he said that his Master really did have fun, he just wouldn't admit it?

Obi-Wan crept quietly over to HIS room and knocked. This was so absurd, knocking on your own door? Stupid. Kabe's voice floated from somewhere behind the door. "It's open."

Obi-Wan opened the door. "Did he used to be like that?"

"What?" Kabe sat up.

"Qui-Gon, did he laugh like that when you were little?"

Kabe ginned. "No, he rarely did. But I'll tell you a secret, he DID join me in the occasional troublemaking plot. That was before he became a Jedi Master, of course. He was just a young Knight then."

Obi-Wan smiled, "Tell me some thing you two did."

Kabe moved down to the floor where Obi-Wan was sitting. "Well there was the one time. . . "

25. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.