main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The CT FAQ Thread [Version 2.0] - FEEDBACK NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_master_ousley, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    THE CLASSIC TRILOGY FAQ VERSION 2.0

Originally posted by: jedi_master_ousley

The Classic Trilogy FAQ (Version 1.0)
    Above is a link to eclipseSD's first version of the FAQ. I'd like to give a big thanks to eclipseSD for the first version, and for giving me the rights to use portions of his original version in this Version 2.0.

I would like to apologize for taking so long to get this done, I know I said around Christmas, but I never really got the incentive to do it. :p

I'll include locked threads, as they still might give useful information, and because it will show that there are already threads that have been locked on the topic because of redundancy.

As in my other FAQ indexes, (which only included aNH and tESB) this is not like the "Guide to Great Threads," it's an index listing the most common questions about the Classic Trilogy. The guide to great threads can be found here:

**Guide to great threads in the Classic Trilogy Forum**

Author: eclipseSD

[b]CLASSIC TRILOGY FORUM MODERATOR[/b]: [b] [color=red] [hl=black]Dark Lady Mara[/b] [/color] [/hl]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=231219] [b] [color=blue] Her Profile [/color] [/b] [/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=231219] [b] [color=blue] Send her a Private Message [/color] [/b] [/link]

[hr]

[b][i][color=blue] Does the Classic Trilogy Forum have a "social thread?" [/color] [/b] [/i]

[color=blue] [blockquote] Yes, we do: [/color]
    [ul][li] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10220780] [color=red] Admiral Ackbar's Seafood Bash: The CT Forum Social Thread [/color][/link][/li][/ul] [/blockquote]

[hr]
    [hr]

[b]ANSWERS THAT [i]STAR WARS INSIDER[/i] HAS GIVEN FOR SOME FAQ's[/b]

[i]As far as I know, the "Answers to Your Star Wars Questions" section was added in issue #59. I don't own #56, #57, or #58. If you own them, and they DO have Classic Trilogy related "Answers to your Star Wars Questions," please type them up and PM them to [/i][b][color=red][hl=black]Dark Lady Mara[/b][/color][/hl].

[u][b]Answers from issue #59[/b][/u]

[color=blue][i][b]Why was the stormtrooper line "Close the blast doors!" added to the Special Edition of[/i] A New Hope?[/color][/b]

[blockquote][color=green]It wasn't so much added as it was put back in. The line was part of [i]A New Hope[/i] since the very beginning, but an entire generation who grew up with the original [i]Star Wars[/i] on video never had it.

There are at least five different mixes for the Star Wars audio track, with three of them dating back to the film's original theatrical release. In some markets, you could literally hear a different version of the film if you knew what theatre to go to.

During [i]A New Hope's[/i] theatrical run, there was a 70mm 6-track mix, a 35mm Dolby stereo mix, and 35mm monaural mix. The 70mm version was the first audio track out the door, rushed to completion for delivery to so-called "showcase" theaters. The 35mm Dolby mix had longer lead-time as [i]Star Wars[/i] spread out from its initial 32-screen debut to its eventual spread to 1,098 screens 13 weeks later. Some of those theaters, though, lacked Dolby sound altogether, hence the need for mono mixes.

With each different mix, there are differences in the emphasis or placement of effects. Some are really minor--the laser sounds of the Death Star prison breakout are a lot [i]zingier[/i] in some versions, or Dice Ibegon--the snake-headed lamproid--chirps instead of snarls. Some are a bit more pronounced, such as Luke asking "Blast it [i]Wedge[/i], where are you?" instead of Biggs, Princess Leia's blaster sounding like Diry Harry's .45, or Aunt Beru having a different voice altogether. The "blast door" line is another example.

Wh

2. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok, everyone, I would like to thank all of the members of the Jedi Council forums who have had a positive influence on the Classic Trilogy Forum.

Now, after doing this for you, I want some things back:

[ul][li]I want you to tell me what you think of this. [/li]
    [li]I want you to tell me what topics of interest you want to see added.[/li]
    [li]I want you to do some research for me by finding "related topics" to add in.[/li][li]I want you to point out any spelling errors[/li][/ul]

[hr]

Any help you give me will earn you a credit in [Version 3.0]. I will also add you to my Watched Users List. (If you're not on it already).

[hr]

Thank you for your time, let the replies, criticism, and helping commence. [face_grin]

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Outstanding work.

:D

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Good job! :D I went through and did some proofreading, fixing of dead links, and so forth. I'll try to find you some more related threads and important FAQs, too.

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks a bunch. :D

6. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Come on guys, where are you?

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Maybe you should add "Please Help with Ideas" to the title or something. :p

8. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok, for the next edit, here's a few things to do:

Change the title of the social thread to it's current name.

Add:

What is the Acadamy that Luke wanted to go to? Is it some sort of Imperial place?

Acadamy, The

Youths across the galaxy once dreamed of attending the Academy in hopes of finding a life of service and adventure. An elite educational institution, the Academy produces highly trained personnel to fill posts in the Exploration, Military, and Merchant Services. Under the rule of the Emperor, the Academy has slowly turned into the training ground for Imperial officers. The Academy has a reputation for a competitive selection process and a rigorous curriculum.

---A Guide to the Star Wars Universe