main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The CT Scene Write/Rewrite Contest: Current Game - I Love You Jenny

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Brandon Rhea, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    The Classic Trilogy Rewrite Contest is BACK! This is a game where the host (me) picks a scene choice to either write from scratch, or a scene from the three existing Classic Trilogy films to rewrite. The game has no sign up list, as simply posting a scene for the challenge automatically makes someone a contestant in that round, although there is an entry deadline that contestants have to abide by.

This is game is perfect for anyone who has ever said to themselves, ?Hmm, I think this scene could be improved? and ?I?m a pretty creative person? so they can show us all what they?ve got! I don't want to ramble on in this thread about the game, so instead I'll link you to the current game so you can read the guidelines and view previous winners and current entries.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to participating in the first chllenge. :)

3. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Might be good.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    As I said in the past, I'm interested!

5. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Sounds good bac. Should be fun. :D

Will there be a word max/min rule?

6. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I am always up for CT fun count me in the interested column

7. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    I'm interested!

8. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Glad to see that there's interest!

I'm considering a minimum word rule (nothing too outrageous) only because, last time this was active, people would put up two sentence entries expecting to be taken seriously (or as a joke to game the system). I highly doubt there would be a maximum word rule, though.

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Bah! I hate double posting! [face_blush] :p

Anywho, I'm glad to see that there's some interest. I hope to kick this off in the next few days, and when I do I'll hopefully see you all there! :D

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay for a comeback! This is a long-awaited day.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Let the games begin!

The first challenge is up in the CT board. You can find it here. I'll be sending everyone who expressed interest a PM to notify them of this shortly.

Good luck! :)

12. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The CT Scene Rewrite Contest, Game 2: I love you, Jenny

Now obviously "I love you, Jenny" is from the film Forrest Gump, but the name "Jenny" is also the name of a deleted character from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Jenny is a girl that Han Solo hangs out with and kisses in the Mos Eisley cantina in the original cut of Star Wars. That's all that's really known, but here's a picture:

[image=http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8715/jennyswlx6.jpg]

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a scene or sequence with Han Solo and Jenny in Tatooine just before Chewbacca introduces Han to Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. You can write it however you want (script, narrative, haiku, whatever), so long as it meets the 100 word minimum, and you can write whatever you want. There are no restrictions other than what I've already told you.

Scenes are due in on Thursday, January 15th at 11:59pm BOARD TIME/PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, after which point a poll will be started to vote for the winner. If you have any questions, please let me know. Good luck!

I also just want to note that despite my previous challenge to him, TwiLekJedi did NOT enter the contest, despite his scene suggestion being what became the first round of this game. I am once again challenging him, in public, to enter this contest or face public humiliation for being a coward. Your choice, my friend. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.