main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cult of Janen - Alive and with a new topic! Haters, show us some love?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vongchild, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/alarmclocks/janen.jpg]
    The Cult of Janen

An Index and Discussion of all things Jacen/Nen Yim

[color=seagreen]For those of you who are just discovering Jacen/Nen Yim, I bet you're wondering: What the...? Don't worry. It will all be explained in time. For those of you already familiar with the ship, welcome home - we've been expecting you. :)

Jacen/Nen Yim is a little 'ship started at nine thirty at night by Vongchild at the prompting of Jedi_bubbles. It is unknown if the ship existed prior to the statement "Well, I can't 'ship Nen Yim with Jacen... Or can I?" but the assumption is "no." Vongy then contacted the fellow founder of J/NY, Dev_Binks, who was at the time finishing up a month-long ban for tax purposes :p. She then wrote a vig called "Blankets," recruited Dev_binks, and didn't look back.

But she wanted more. She encouraged others to write the little-known 'ship, embracing Interspecies, AU, and all sorts of logistical problems. Their brave journeys into the unknown shall forever be preserved in these hallowed halls.

Granted, shipping a dead Yuuzhan Vong with a Jedi she's never met in canon provides some challenges, but all those willing to step up to the plate, whether they hit singles, doubles, triples, or home runs, will be forever remembered in the index. This thread shall also serve as a repository for information, support, and shall document the progression of the 'ship from grassroots movement to... well... who knows?

[hl=darkblue]Do-ro'ik Vong Pratte![/hl][/color]
    [hr]
    [color=darkblue][B]ORDER OF OPERATIONS FOR SUBMITTING TO THE INDEX!
    PM the following information to Vongy (Vongchild, in case you were confused.)
    Title: A link to your story and the title, not a hyperlink, goes here. Plain ol' copy and paste the html link.
    Author(s): Your name plus the names of any co-authors and links to your userprofiles
    Genre: Self-explanitory
    Couples: J/NY, and whatever other couples you've got, go here.
    Timeframe; Well, when is it? Also, when did it split from canon?
    Summary: What's it about? Brief plot synopsis. At least a sentence and no more than seven.
    Notes: Thank betas, plot bunny birthmothers, and tell what length it is here. Or what song it is if a songfic.

ORDER OF OPERATIONS FOR ANOUNCEMENTS
    If it concerns everyone, post in Darkblue text. If it is minor, post in seagreen text. If it is life and death, post in bold darkblue and highlight seagreen. No other use of darkblue or seagreen text is allowed.

Play nicely now! :)[/b]
    [hr]
    [b]Due to recent allegations against the 'ship, I'd like to point out we're not here to be better than J/TK, to outnumber J/TK, to be more canon than J/TK, to assert ourselves as canon, or to be mean. Anything relating to this 'ship is in good fun.

And I resent this being refered to as a "McEwok-grade crackship." I will not tolerate the awesomeness known as Thrawn_McEwok being degraded to the status of a sheezy adjective. :p
    [/b]
    NOTE: This is NOT the place for general discussion of the Yuuzhan Vong. That goes at
    [/color][link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18388320/?132]Behind the Scars[/link] [hr]

[color=darkblue][b]Past Challenges:[/b]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/21732864/p2] The "I Own You" Challenge[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/21732864/p5] The Halloween Challenge[/link][/color]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/21732864/p5] Disabilities/breeding [/link]
    [hr] [color=darkblue]Banner by the lovely Darthchopsticks.[/color]

2. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    RESERVED - INDEX AUTHORS A-L

1. Title: The Jedi Fundraiser
    Author: AlisonC
    Genre: Humor/Romance
    Couples: J/NY
    Timeframe: post NJO and not sure
    Other characters: Lots of cameos.
    Summary: The Jedi Knights are involved in a fundraiser for the upkeep of the Temple, and Jacen (for a day, anyway) is a raffle prize that Nen Yim would like to win - but she's too late to buy tickets! One-shot.
    Notes: This is for J/NY Challenge #1. It's also intentionally silly, particularly in the first half. Enjoy!

2. Title: Innocent
    Author: AlisonC
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Timeframe: approx 42 years ABY
    Other Characters: 2 OCs
    Summary: Their son is in the medical center as a doctor attempts to give him sight.
    Notes: For a Cult of Janen challenge (disability). Crossposted to LiveJournal.

3. Title: Two-Faced
    Author: DarthIshtar
    Genre: Romance
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Summary: Two lovers evaluate the world in which they should be enemies.
    Notes: Vig. "in response to vongy's challenge on my 5-year anniversary"

3. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    RESERVED - INDEX AUTHORS M-Z

1. Title: "Reminiscence"
    Author: Siaynoqsbride
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Timeframe: Post-NJO. Split from Canon... somewhere.
    Summary: Nen remembers Jacen as she clears their apartment of things.
    Notes: No, I have not gone insane, and yes, you read the title right. This is my first writing both Jacen and the 'Vong, so be nice to me. My brain was hurting by the end of this, so sorry if it isn't very coherent. Vig.

2. Title: "Nenny"
    Author: TheCrazyRodian
    Genre: Humor(?)
    Timeframe: Slightly post-NJO.
    Summary: Response to the "I Own You" challenge.
    Notes: I don't really know why this story exists. Vongy said I could blame Thrawn_McEwok for it, so I will. But it's not fair for him to shoulder all the blame, so he can share it with YodaKenobi--who together have given me enough Jacenfodder to last my entire life--Troy Denning, whose Dark Nest Trilogy confirmed my fear that the New Jedi Order did indeed destroy the character of Jacen Solo, and the evil plot bunny that bit me and coerced me into breaking my vow to have my first posted 'fic be semi-legitimate. Fellas, this one's for you.

3. Title: Before I Lose You
    Author: Vongchild
    Genre: Angst
    Timeframe:Post NJO AU
    Summary: A more realistic take on interspecies breeding.
    Notes: This is super angsty. If you are easily upset, this isn't the fic for you. The bunny's been bugging me for a while.

4. Title: The Past as Another Land
    Genre: Action/romance/suspense/Alternate Universe
    Couples: NY/J/TK
    Timeframe: Very AU NJO
    Summary: In a galaxy ruled by the Hapes cluster, the Yuuzhan Vong have flown below the radar. Until their value as slave labor is realized, that is. A Star Wars Re-write of the broadway show Aida.
    Notes: all the songs are property of Tim Rice and Sir Elton John who wrote the score and lyrics of Aida in its modern incarnation (though I think Disney owns the rights to the show itself). The plotline dates back further to an opera by Giuseppi Verde

5. Title: 'Ships
    Author: Stormtrooper_TK=421
    Genre: Humor
    Couples: That would be spoiling! But it's funny.
    Timeframe:Post-NJO satire
    Summary: all 'shippers - from J/Z to J/NY - the romantic puzzle shall soon be solved.
    Notes: TSW spoilers

6. Title: Strictly Speaking, Chocolate and Love are the Exact Same Thing
    Genre: Humor/Romance
    Timeframe: Post-NJO AU
    Summary: Nen Yim scientifically proves that love does not exist. Jacen tries to prove her wrong.
    Notes: Response to the valentines day challenge

4. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    RESERVED FOR COAUTHORED STORIES

1. Title: Of Scars and Love
    Authors: Vongchild and Dev_Binks
    Genre: Romance, Humor, etc.
    Timeframe: A few months to 20+ years after NJO. Splits from canon at The Final Prophecy.
    Summary: A slightly out-of-order document of the ever-curious romance of Nen Yim and Jacen Solo. An ever expanding cast of characters and inspired randomness with tabloids, in-laws, sheets, baby names, and about everything else.
    Notes: Urged into existance by Jedi_bubbles. Includes the original vig "Blankets."

5. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    FIRST TOPIC OF DISCUSSION - WHY 'SHIP THIS 'SHIP?

Question one: Well, first off, we know this isn't going to happen. So why are you a shipper?

Question two: Do you have any problem with interspecies?

Question three: If we hold challenges, would you participate?

Question four: Is Vongy's talking like a joiner scaring you?

Question five: How did you find this ship?

6. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, I guess I'll be helping dear old Vongy with this. :p And yes, my banning is finally over! That banning for tax reasons. *shifty look* God bless you, Mr. Adams.

Question one: Well, first off, we know this isn't going to happen. So why are you a shipper?

1: You threatened me... ;)

2: Nope.

3: Maybe. It matters what Vongy threatens me with...

4: I don't know, how does a joiner talk? o_O

5: You informed me then threatened me... :p

I think I'll like this.

7. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    1. I'm a shipper 'cause Vongy made me read her story, and it hooked me.
    2. Not a one.
    3. Yes! Most definitely.
    4. Not a bit. We are used to Joiner talk.
    5. See answer to question 1.

YAY! IT'S HERE! [face_dancing]

8. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I already see a pattern in how we're introduced to this ship... :p

9. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    I bet Lusa comes in with a 'threatened' answer. :p

10. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
  11. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    We are not very good at acting innocent. We can tell when one of us is guilty. It is in our nature. We like talking like we are Joiners.

12. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Vongy, you're horrible at acting innocent, it's like a commie trying to not to speak with a ruskie accent. :p

13. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004

Because Bubbles told me to write everything my sick mind invented

None at all

Yeah.

Only slightly

.... I invented it, practically.

14. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm gonna laugh when all of the stuff we're doing becomes fanon. :p

15. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    It had might as well. :)

16. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    ....Are we really that scary??

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes babe, yes we are... [face_plain]

18. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Darn. More people need to come.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Your wish is my command! :p

No, I'm not quite a shipper yet, but since I like most ships and don't mind reading whatever... this is quite an interesting ship!

20. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    I'm here. :) I don't think I could ever have just one favorite 'ship - mostly I just categorize as "like" and "don't like," but Janen would definitely fall under "like."

21. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    When I first saw the topic, I was stunned for a little bit. Then I burst into hysterical laughter. Then I thought, Hey, why not? And then the plot bunnies started coming.

Does that make me a J/NY 'shipper? [face_thinking]

22. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    You're getting there. ;) Go ahead and write one of those bunnies. Then post it. I'd love to see some takes besides Dev and I's! :D

Allison- And I'm a J/TKer in my freetime. :p No, seriously, I am. And when I read EU, I'm a J/TKer. And sometime's I'm a K/Jer. And occasionally I root for Jag. And sometimes I write T/Jg.

Idrelle- Welcome home! ;)

Don't forget to fill out the survey!

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Usually, I don't pay attention to any Jacen threads, but this one is quite unusual. I may have to look at it, just for curiousity sake.

24. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Unusual doesn't even begin to describe it. :p Welcome - we're glad to have you!

25. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    Yeah for new peeps! Someone give me a plot bunny, please. I need to start a collection for this 'ship. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.