main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cult of Janen - Alive and with a new topic! Haters, show us some love?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vongchild, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    If I were in charge of the GFFA, I would place a ring of ships around the galaxy, with a lot gravity well generators. Just so that nobody could enter or leave without their permission. That way the Jedi could worry about the little things.

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    A book series about Jacen rescuing a cat from a tree wouldn't be very interesting, now would it? You have to keep things interesting or people won't read it.

3. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Ooh, that might work as a bunny for Challenge #2... animal rescue or being rescued from an animal. [face_mischief]

4. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Or you could have the challenge be a 'fic where someone has to rescue Jacen from the tree. I dunno, maybe he was up there searching for the true meaning of the Force and got too scared to climb down?

5. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    You guys are only digging yourselves deeper. When I slap a really crazy challenge on the table, don't wonder where I got it. ;) :p

6. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

7. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Uh-oh... yall, be quiet! When Vongy does weird, she does weird.:eek:

And I have an idea for a challeng. Nen Yim wants to get a GFFA animal as a pet, and Jacen has to help her find one.

8. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    And gets stuck in a tree trying to get one for her! [face_dancing]

I love this thread.

9. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I know why. [face_devil]

Because no other 'ship would have this conversation!

10. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    You're probably right Vongy, of course no other ship has as little possibility as this one either. So we're really unique.

11. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh, some of McEwok's come close, but they don't have a following.

12. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm still working on my response to the challenge. Slow going - I'm a month behind on all my fanfic updates.

13. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Wait, so what happened to the discussion? [face_thinking]

14. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    I spent my time finishing up my challenge response instead. I'll post it when I get back from my study session this afternoon, I guess. I warn you, though, it's... well... you'll see.

EDIT: Uh, okay, it's up. Go read it if you dare.

EDITS 2 and 3 are for markup codes. I need to learn to use the "preview" button to check my work...

::Wanders away grumbling to the voices in his head::

15. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Okay. Just updated the index. You're in there now, Rodian.

16. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    OKAY, how dare this be on page four? :p

Continuing the discussion, I like the idea of Jacen as a psycology professor. He sounds like he'd be right at home at my high school with a job like that. Nen Yim seems more of a scientist or medic - maybe a GP? Scientists and medics aren't much different from Shapers, in a way.

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, she would be more like a geneticist. Not so much a doctor or a medic. So I'd go with geneticist, and Jacen as a roaming peace-keeper on whatever planet they're on. :p And a part time physcology professor.

18. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Funny... My sister is studying to be a geneticist. *Must Resist urge to call sister Nenny*

Now look what you've done!

19. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Awww, I'm sorry Weeza, but obviously if your sister is going to be a Geneticist, you get scarred really easily, and your dad is crap with computers. Your family are Yuuzhies. :p

And I think that Jacen would be one of those teachers who requires nothing.

20. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Meep. I'm an illegal alien! [face_worried]

Jacen an easy teacher as in no one gets below an a? I had a teacher like that. All I did was draw and sleep and still got straight A's.

21. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I had a teacher who all he did was stare at the girls and curse at the guys. The girls passed, the guys didn't.

And I think that JAcen would teach, but he wouldn't hold work in the highest regard.

22. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    What about Jacen teaching Philosophy/Psycology at the Jedi academy? I think he'd like that... But he might corrupt the students with all Vergere taught him.

23. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Do you mean teaching them the Potentium idea of the Force?

24. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    If that's what Vergere was hammering into his brain in Traitor, then yes, I do.

25. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    I'd have Jacen pegged as one of those professors who just make NO sense at all. You know, you've had them before. The ones that sit in class and lecture for an hour and a half, after which you realize that you literally understood nothing. His classes would be the ones you come out of knowing less than you did when you started due to brain decay. Trust me on this one if you haven't had an experience like that.

Oh, and Potentium or no, whatever Jacen learned from biotch-bird made him a bloody Darksider. I hope he either figures his problem out or dies. Maybe Nenny can help him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.