main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cult of Janen - Alive and with a new topic! Haters, show us some love?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vongchild, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    OK. Gonna up this because I think there're some 'shippers who don't know about the thread.

2. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Is this place seriously this dead?

We need a new topic of discussion. Anyone care to volunteer?

3. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Actually, guys, change of plans, we're talking about tabloids, aka "holomags." You know the kind. The ones at the checkout counter at publix. Not the ones that insist bigfoot has a teenaged love slave or that aliens landed in someone's back yard. The ones about Celebrities, alleging that a teenaged star is pregnant or that the dame of hollywood is secretly married.

The ones that have a field day with celebrities, public figures, war heroes, etc.

And have a field day with our favorite twosome.

So what to they write?

Discuss.

4. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I think that they would have a field day everytime Jacen and Nen Yim are seen together. Of course it also depends on whether or not they would know her part in Tahiri's transformation.

5. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Thank you, Dev, for that lovely mental image.

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I could see some really weird love-rectangle stories based on that - Jacen/Nen Yim/Dead Anakin/Tahiri.

Also... there would scandalous reports about Jacen's old loves, namely Tenel Ka and Danni (and if I was writing the report, a bunch of others, but that's really beside the point). Speculation about bedroom practices, especially given the Yuuzhan Vong pain=good mentality. Insinuations that if Nen Yim is pregnant, Jacen couldn't be the father, and therefore she's cheating. Then a wild yarn or two about shapers being able to create biotechnology that included false wombs to implant in the body of someone who normally wouldn't be able to carry a Yuuzhan Vong child. [face_whistling]

7. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Allison, don't get started on MPREG for if you do several Fangirls will come running. Wait, by Dev's and I's reasoning, please do.

Dev and I have made a vague allusion to a tabloid and bedroom practices.

We could do a challenge with this, but it would be very hard to keep it within TOS.

I'm just waiting for the Sue/Stu twin children that disregard Yuuzhan Vong reproductive biology.

8. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Almost anything can be written to fit the TOS unless it's specifically barred; just takes a little bit of caution. But seriously, I think the most likely sensational story would be Nen Yim falsely accused of cheating by the papers.

9. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    You want to write that one? Be my guest.

10. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Go ahead, just please keep them more in character than you did Anakin in your little Jacen/Anakin slash fic. ;) I mean we all know neither of 'em would be the uke or the seme. :rolleyes: :p

11. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Dev! Don't be gross!

Added a new fic to the index.

12. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    The order of those statements cracked me up [face_laugh] [face_mischief] But I know what was meant. And yes, Dev, I promise to keep everyone as IC as I can, and to behave.

Can't write anything this week; I have two projects ahead of it (chap 6 of my WIP is needing writing, and I promised someone else that I'd write a fic for her.) Next week should be a go.

13. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I didn't say you had to behave. :rolleyes: I just said keep 'em IC. :p I mean Weeza was all ready to write a fic with them in the shower. :p

14. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I was not!

15. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah you did. I remember. I even asked SoftballJedi about suggestions so I could give you a suggestion on it. Of course it wasn't gonna be a lemon.

16. Jedi_Fel

Jedi_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2005
    I AM HERE! thanks for the link VC never would have found it. for i have trully only been here a few days. frogot i had an account here. :D

FIRST TOPIC OF DISCUSSION - WHY 'SHIP THIS 'SHIP?

Question one: Well, first off, we know this isn't going to happen. So why are you a shipper? Found a story by eleventh gaurd on FF.net about a jedi raffle. got hooked.

Question two: Do you have any problem with interspecies?
    nope the way i see it with human vong stuff you get an nderworld scenario. Half lycan(in this case vong) half vampire (in this case human) more powerful then both

Question three: If we hold challenges, would you participate?
    defintlly. I love compitition
    Question four: Is Vongy's talking like a joiner scaring you?
    you don't scare us. we don't fright esaily
    Question five: How did you find this ship?
    see answer to #1

17. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Hehe.... :D

So that's how you found it...

Our recruiting over on FFN is going well then...

18. Jedi_Fel

Oct 1, 2005
    yeah it is. three whole people comented on it. though one was just laughing about what everyone else in the fic was doing and ignoring the J/ny ness of the story.

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Three whole people? Wow. It's doing better than the FFN incarnation of OSAL.

20. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    [face_blush]:)

Actually, only two, unless the forums count. Hit counters are another thing. I wish TFN had post views counted instead of only post replies.

Is there anything special in TUF that would make a difference (beyond overall plot) to the 'ship? I'm thinking nothing huge, given what I just read in TFP, but that might be wrong.

21. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Well, a lot of TUF would have been different had Nen Yim lived to share her findings with the galaxy.

22. Jedi_Fel

Oct 1, 2005
    yes very much so she was the one who knew the truth. if not for Nom Anor she would have ended the war sooner... but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! nom anor has to be an idiot and well i won't say incase someone reads this that dosn't know....

23. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Why 'ship this 'ship?

Question one: Because Nen Yim seems to be the girl for Jacen...she's the only one who can keep him under control. I thought Tenal Ka was that girl, but then Jacen walked all over her in Joiner King... [face_frustrated] so Nen Yim seems to be better

Question two: Depends...if Jacen would have married an Ewok, then I'd be upset. But Yuuzhan Vong are very close to being human, so I think it works out fine.

Question three: If I can find the time, yep.

Question four: Joiners just plain scare me in general... [face_worried] I talk plenty about them in a few of my fics, if you want to be convinced of my feelings of distress towards them. It's just oddity. J/NY > Joiners.

Question five: Well, I lurkily read 'Blankets' awhile ago... and I was skeptic of J/NY at that point, but not completely against it. It was very tastefully done, which was good. However, then I read "Before I lose you"...and that fic broke my heart :( after reading that, I was convinced J/NY could work. It became something that was held in my eyes as a very respecable 'ship. And it being fan added much merit to it, because fan ideas don't always work out this good.

Well, then, the other day I was thinking about how there's so many 'ships! I mean, you look at one page (20 threads), and you'll see Jaina/Jag, Jaina/Zekk and Jaina/Kyp on the same page! Someone needed to sort out the madness and pair everyone with someone! Well, needless to say, I took the weight of the romantic world in the EU, and wrote a fic aptly called 'Ships.

I wrote J/NY in it as a tip of the hat to VongChild for being brave enough to step out and do something like create a great 'ship. But then yesterday someone came into my thread and asked, "J/NY? who started this blasphemy!" ...needless to say, I told this person that I enjoyed the J/NY ship, and that I thought it was respecful. I wasn't going to let someone diss J/NY without check in my thread, even though I wasn't a J/NY-er at the time, myself. However, I have nothing against the person who said that, though. seriously. [face_peace]

But then what started out as a simple standing up for something I liked turned into something else...Vong and Dev's vig set caught my eye, and I started reading it...and I ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting. And all I've got to say is...it absolutly rocked!

soo...that is why I'm here :p :)

24. Jedi_Fel

Oct 1, 2005
    lol google nen yim and look at the third entry.[face_laugh]

25. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    And the second page links to OSAL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.