main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Cult of Ung-Tye (Obi, Qui, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Prologue

Dex?s Diner was at one of its slow points, and usually it was the favorite time for Master Qui-Gon
    Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, to visit their friend. However, this opportunity had been
    dimmed by the necessity of a mission and to Obi-Wan?s intense discomfort, Qui-Gon?s sudden
    peculiarity.

His Master was rarely given to moods, was as clear minded and level-headed as any Jedi Master of
    his caliber. Only Obi-Wan could see it, knowing his Master like no other, despite the fact that Qui-
    Gon was shielding his thoughts. Qui-Gon was upset about something and Obi-Wan was almost
    positive that it had been set off by their upcoming mission.

After a succession of missions, they?d been meant to have brief respite, a time for them to build their
    skills in the Force, both individually and as a team, without someone firing laser blasts at them.
    They?d barely had a standard day before Qui-Gon was summoned to the Council chambers.

Since then it had been furtive looks and half formed thoughts.

Four years with his Master had taught him some patience, but nevertheless he was getting antsy, ill
    at ease.

He thought about saying something, urging his Master to let him help. After all, they were more like
    partners now then they had been before when Obi-Wan had first been on his journey to becoming
    a Jedi Knight and their relationship had been so terribly rocky.

Before Obi-Wan could gather the rest of his courage, Dex came lumbering up to their table.

?Hey, my two favorite Jedi,? the very large, multi-armed, Basilisk boomed. One set of those arms
    were reaching out and pulling Obi-Wan physically from the booth and into a large squeeze. No
    matter how many times he tried to explain it, Dex hadn?t quite grasped that Obi-Wan had grown to
    old for such a display.

Both Qui-Gon and Dex broke out into guffaws as Obi-Wan mock-glared up at their friend,
    straightening his tunics as he did so. ?Dex, we?ve talked about this.?

?Ah, your Master doesn?t seem to mind, my young Jedi friend,? Dex reminded with another laugh.
    He gathered Qui-Gon in a friendly embrace, then gestured to them to return to their seats.

?Maybe, it is because you allow him to actually stand for himself.?

?What brings you by, my friends??

?Jedi business, unfortunately,? Qui-Gon answered with a begrudging smile. ?We?re supposed to be
    meeting a contact here. Apparently, you know him. Worked a run with him against the Cult of
    Ung-Tye, a few years back.?

?The Cult of Ung-Tye. Yes, I remember ferrying a father and son to Vestibl,? Dex remarked off
    handedly, but his shining black eyes were upon Obi-Wan. And abruptly, their friend was as off-
    kilter as Qui-Gon himself.

Obi-Wan looked between his friend and his Master. ?I?m missing something.? He?d learned over
    the years to ask a question without actually posing one. If he stated an obvious fact that would
    require explanation, then occasionally Qui-Gon would elucidate.

However, it appeared this wasn?t one of those times. Qui-Gon gave a sharp shake of his head, his
    piercing gaze centered on Dex. ?All will be revealed when our contact arrives.? At Dex?s querulous
    expression, Qui-Gon continued, ?We are meeting only with the son.?

That seemed to simmer some of Dex?s tension, a weight shifting form those heavy shoulders. ?Can
    I getcha anything while you wait?? Dex asked, rising to make his convenient escape.

?Ardees, I think, Dex,? Qui-Gon said thoughtfully, turning to Obi-Wan for affirmation.

At seventeen, Obi-Wan?s food consumption rate could be incredibly spontaneous. Food was the
    furthest from the young Padawan?s mind at the moment. ?That sounds wonderful, thank you, Dex.?

The Basilisk nodded, pounding Obi-Wan on the back. It wasn?t long before the unruly creature was
    swallowed by his kitchen, leaving Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon once again alone, with Qui-Gon?s secret,
    a secret Obi-Wan was sure was connected to himself.

Pressing his lips firmly into a line, Obi-Wan did his best to res

2. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Very interesting start. You have me hooked, will you please PM me when you update.

azizah

3. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Itresting...
    I assume that Obi-Wan is the force sensitive brother that was kidnapped? and Kyan's conditions included his brother participating in the mission?

His original name would be Ben then? Why the change?

I am intrigued, lets see where you will lead us!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    good start and I like to have a PM when you continue

5. Nimloth

Nimloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    Wow! I liked this beginning a lot! It feels to me like a very thrilling story ...:)
    Please, continue, I will be waiting for your updates.

Nim

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Thanks. I'll definitely put you on the list.

Everything will be answered as the story progresses. I hope you enjoy the rest.

Sure, I'll send you one. Thanks for reading.

HOpefully, it will be. Full of near death experiences, emotional moments and tones of laughs.

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    This sounds interesting I have a feeling that it is going to get a lot more crazy. However I think that Obi-Wan is related to Dev YAY~! Cannot wait to find out more answers even though knowing my luck I will just find a lot more questions *sigh*

I really hope more comes soon, and if you have a Pm list can you add me to it for updates?

Thankie and G?Luck with the next chapter ^__^

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

It looks as if Qui and Obi have quite the adventure ahead of them.

I'm surprised Obi-Wan didn't press the issue of having met Dev. Perhaps he doesn't want to know?

If you have a PM list for this, please add me? [face_praying]

looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Oh, yeah. Crazy is just the beginning. Thanks. Next chapter should be up soon.

Obi-Wan is verry much in mission mode and a past encounter won't really help him there. But that doesn't mean he won't get curious later. Thank you.

10. elcid

elcid Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Very interesting, I like how you are starting this. Can you let me know when you write more of this story?

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I will and the next part should be up by Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.