main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Cure (Obi-Wan/Anakin, pre-AotC. SotC IV) - Note 11/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by solojones, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= Thanks for the update. This story is such a joy. I really love the interaction between Obi/Ani. Thanks for writing it, I hope you write more soon.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah! For some reason, my responses to the first few people's replies disappeared in my post. I swore I wrote them. Really. I'm not losing my mind! 8-}

Darth-Buddy, thanks for the support. I have a test tomorrow and then hopefully I'll have some time the rest of this week to write, write, write.

Laine thanks for your especially enduring support [:D] I don't know how you've hung on this long :p And you're write, Obi-Wan doesn't just automatically believe in Anakin. It takes some time, as we see by the difference in his opinions from TPM to RotS. But when he believes, he really believes. Which makes it even sadder of course :(

Waylela, sorry you're having to wait so long for this update. Hope it'll be worth it when it comes.

aabbccdd, now why would I go and do a thing like make the illness really contagious and/or dangerous? ;)

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    :) I've hung on this long because I like the story!!!!! :) And you're a great writer and this is one great story. Plus, Obi-Wan is one of my favorite characters--he and Han, methinks.

4. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    I hope everything is going fine for you, Solojones. Just thought I'd up this thread and fic. So...Up!!! :D

5. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    I look forward to your next post. Thanks for writing a great story.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I promise to do a better response in future, but...this is really good and I love all the insightful response, too.

Please add me to the PM list.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Hi again. Sorry and thanks for the support. It's finals week and yeah. Ick. This whole last part of the semester has been crazy, but it's really no excuse for this ridiculous slacking. Sorry.

8. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Just so the leeches didn't get you!! :_|

[image=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9990/leeches8uu.gif]

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh dear :( I'm afraid they may have gotten a leg or so... but hey, at least I made it home for the summer. Hoorah! Now the big problem is motivation. Someone give me an electroshock...

And hey, what's this about you having a job?!

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Hi guys. I've been home about a month now so you're probably wondering why I haven't gotten my lazy ass in gear and written anything. Good question. The honest answer is that I've been catching up on 24 with my parents and have literally done nothing but that, work, eat, and sleep. Terrible, I know. Inexcusable.

At the end of this month I have to go to Mayo Clinic to get my hand checked on. It's getting really painful and that *is* one reason I haven't been online much recently. I have a plan to finish this story this summer and I'm going to do my best. I'm almost done with 24 and not being online has given my hand a rest, so I'm hoping in the next week I can get something done. But I don't blame anyone for not believing me. I don't know what happened this year.

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey, I'll still be here for whenever you finish this story. We can't control what DRL throws at you. What's wrong with your hand anyway?

12. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Solojones, you take your time and finish the story. I hope your hand is doing alright though.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thank you so much, guys. This has all been really badly timed... school and my hand and all. I've never had to take this much of a break from a story. But every time I think it'll be ok and try to type anything remotely long, my arm really hurts for a few days. I'm headed up to Mayo Clinic this weekend to see if they can't figure out what's going on and a way to help. Thanks for sticking by, guys. I wish there were another way to get this story back on track, but right now it looks like I'm going to have to wait a while longer to see if things with my hand can be fixed.

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Not a problem dear! Juz hope they can determine what's up and help ya back on the road to recovery! [:D] Do PM when you're able to start writing again!

Take care and keep us updated on your condition! Readers/Writers stick together thru and thru! [face_love]

15. erikawr05

erikawr05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2006
    for the last couple of days i have been caching up to your story, i finished reading parts 1,2,3 ans now this one and i justa have to say this:

ABSOLUTLEY BRILLIANT=D=

i love how you have taken this story and what you have done with obi-wan and anakin i cant wait to know what happends to the sickness.dont stop writing cause i think you rule at it and your stories totally kick but.
    hope your arm, gets better.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed catching up with the story. I am definitely trying to get back into it ASAP. My arm is finally feeling somewhat better due to the medicine they gave me (unfortunately it also makes me dizzy and tired, so I am incapable of doing complex things such as, say, walking). This means I have time to write... after I go to St. Louis this weekend :p Oy this summer/semested has been so ridiculous.

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. kumissan

kumissan Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2006
    Hi solojones! I'm coming out of hiding and finally responding to your stories...Absolutely amazing. I will never see TPM the same way again. I'm amazed at your insight and perception in picking up Obi-Wan's subtle behavior that gives a clue to what's going on inside that gorgeous head of his. I'm really looking forward to more of these stories, I really hope you don't give up on this. Keep up the great work!

Kumissan

Oh, btw, can you PM me when there's an update?

18. Soft_and_Chewie

Soft_and_Chewie Jedi Master

Dec 11, 2005
    Hi, I just wanted to drop in and say I still check this thread from time to time. I hope your arm is doing better.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thank you guys. Uh yeah, this has been basically the worst couple months of my life. Nothing really too tragic, but a lot of extremely stressful things... I was really hoping to work on this more this semester now that my arm is feeling somewhat better with the medication. Well enough to type, anyway. But I don't think realistically that I'm going to have time until Christmas break. But I am completely, 100% set on getting back to this story and finishing it. I'm so, so sorry for the huge time gap here. Medical emergencies are a *****.

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Totally understand! [:D] And truly hope things start looking up for you! Do take care of yourself! We'll be waiting and hoping that things begin to work out better! Medical stuffles are a major pain in the behind!!

21. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Totally understand.

But I still can't wait until the next chapter! I want to know what happens to the little kids and why it's happening! :)

22. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    It's nice to see this story again. :) I know you've got a million things going on, sj, but if you ever decide to pick up this gem again, we'll still be around--or at least I will. :p

23. Flora

Flora Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2007
    Hi, well, I just found your writings in the "Shadow of the Chosen" saga and I have to tell you that I have seldom, if ever found any better portrayal of Obi-Wan, or a better written story.
    The way you write is truely magical, and I have to say that this story is indescribably brilliant, as is it's Author.
    I hope things start to look up for you, and eagerly await any future posts in this story!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great story I have only discovered today. Can you put me on the PM list when you update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.