main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The curious case of Darth Plagueis

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Grievpalpy75, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I wanted to make a post what we know about Darth Plagueis in the new canon and also inlcude some of my own thoughts.
    What we know:
    -We know that he was Darth Sidious' master
    - We know that he owned a droid named 11 4D,who also showed up in his Legends novel.
    -We know that he was still Sheev's master several years after he was elected Senator of Naboo. (Around this time Sheev also met Tarkin for the first time.)

Things we don't know for certain:
    Ultimate Star Wars seems to be a bit of a mess concerning when Sheev killed Plagueis. His entry states he killed him before he travelled to Dathomir to abduct Maul. Maul's entry states that he began training him as an assassin and warrior and eventually proclaimed him his apprentice, suggesting that he started to train him but didn't proclaim him his apprentice until after he killed Plagueis.

The case for him being a Muun:
    -TCW Sacrifice, there are statues in the backround that look an awful lot like a Muun in robes. While these statues also appear in Bane's tomb, it's possible that they just reused models for budget reasons.
    - Sidious' lair where he and Dooku perfrom their Sith ritual is guraded by Magnaguards, which where manufactured by the Banking Clan.
    -Sheev says to Nix Card that he would be protected from the Banking Clan takeover could imply that he is somehow related to Plagueis.
    The case for him being a Neimoidian:
    -It would explain Sheev's connections to the Trade Federation.
    -The Kazerath, a Force artifact that was created using both sides of the Force is stored on Cato Neimoidia.

When his death took place:
    I assume that Plagueis died shortly before Anakin was born. Anakin was born in 41 BBY so it's logical to assume that Plagueis died in 42 BBY.

whostheBossk and kalzeth like this.
  2. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Interesting- If Plagueis is a Muun then it would make sense that perhaps his connections to the Banking Clan where used by Palpatine to fund the Clone Army. The Trade Federation connection is also plausible.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think it was a cool story and we learned everything we needed to. SW was always best when things were left to the imagination. I would have been just as happy in TLJ if Luke and Kylo just told Rey their version of what happened at the jedi temple and we were not shown :cool:

I do get the fascination though...

whostheBossk likes this.