main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The (Current) Generation Trilogy: Wii, PS3 & XBox 360 (Console Comparison & Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_the_Ripper

Jack_the_Ripper Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    I decorate my consoles completely in trendy stickers I get from Hot Topic. I like that anyone who wants to turn on my 360 has to put their finger in Gir's mouth.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Black GCN > Purple GCN :p

There ended up being about 30 people in the line outside Gamestop in the mall I was at, and afterwards I walked over to the EB on the next floor down and they had about 20-30 there as well. Seems like they had enough for pre-orders, for the most part (the manager could be overheard on his cell talking to anotehr location which apparently had 10 extras that he was gonna try and use to accomodate any extra people at this location).

Got there at about 7:30, though the majority didn't show up till around 9, there was still a good 10-12 people prior to that. Guy I used to know was 4th, said he was 1st for the PS3, but notcied no one really showed up till about 8:30, so he used that to judge his timing on this one. Wish I would have known- that extra hour of sleep would have been nice.

But, since I plunked down for a new car stereo this week (which ended up costing more than I had hoped), I was very tight on cash when this quick announcement for the pre-order came up. Thankfully I was able to scrounge the spare $60 to pre-order the system, Zelda and Red Steel. Just was no way I'd be able to get the $10-per-accessory pre-order cost together today for the extra nunchuks, wiimotes and such. I'll just have to go back and add them on in a couple weeks.

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    When I went to preorder, I was deliberating whether or not to buy the Classic remote, and the salesperson who was taking my order said they were going to be a very limited number of them, so I said, "What the hell. Might as well."

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    FRAK STANK FRELL KRIFF SHAVIT SITH SPAWN SITH SPIT EMPERORS BLACK BONES

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I do believe there will be blood...

6. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I still haven't decided whether to get a Wii at launch, or to wait until my financial situation is better.

Does anyone remember how long after launch Nintendo released alternate-colour 'Cubes? That may give us a hint as to their launch date.

7. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I SWEAR ON THE BLOOD OF LUCIFER FIRST OF THE FALLEN IF I AM PREVENTED FROM GETTING A WII ON LAUNCH DAY THE ATROCITIES OF THE PAST WILL LOOK LIKE MINOR DISCOMFORTS. HITLER AND STALIN WILL BE REMEMBERED AS "NOT THAT BAD" THE LIVING WILL ENVY THE DEAD AND THE HELL THAT THEY WILL BE SENT TO AS THEIR TORTURED BODIES FINALLY GIVE AFTER A MILENIA OF AGONY WILL SEEM TO THEM AS WATER IS TO A MAN DYING IN THE DESERT.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED.

8. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    Dude, that's a bit harsh.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, that's a bit SF. ;)

10. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh] [face_devil]

11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  12. Jack_the_Ripper

Jack_the_Ripper Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    I SWEAR TO GOSH PARDON MY BAD LANGUAGE THAT IF I SUCCESSFULLY GET A WII ON LAUNCH DAY I'M BUYING YOU ALL A PIZZA AND INVITING YOU TO MY HOUSE FOR A POOL PARTY. MR. ROGERS AND RONALD MCDONALD WILL BE REMEMBERED AS "KIND OF A *****" THE LIVING ROOM IS OFF LIMITS AND THE BATHROOM IS DOWN THE HALL TO THE LEFT AND I WILL FEED YOU ALL SO MUCH CAKE THAT YOU WILL ALL GET TUMMY ACHES, BUT ITS COOL BECAUSE THERE ARE TUMS LYING AROUND EVERYWHERE AND HELP YOURSELF TO AS MUCH ORANGE SODA AS YOU PLEASE.

YOU WILL ALL BE INVITED.

Read the banned words list plz.

13. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    No.

You don't get to do this.

You too. You should know better [face_shame_on_you]

14. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005

just follow my advice and you'll be fine.....ok here is what you do:
    1. Go to your local gameshop preorder the wii and games and stuff
    2. count down every second till the week before
    3.get some camping suplies
    4.camp outside the shop
    5.on the night before the release have coffe coffe COFFE
    6. make sure you are armed and ready for hostile action
    7. on the day of release march straight up to the counter and scream" CAN I HAVE A WII NOW!!!!!"

Or do whatever suits you best

15. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    That's right boys! Coffe coffe COFFE!

16. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    [image=http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/obrazek/char_koffing.gif]

?

17. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    I splet coffee wrong
    :_|

18. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    I was going for dry humour, apparently it doesn't translate into text well. Meh...

19. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    On Friday, I got back from reserving a Wii at EB Games. I went to a Gamestop, and they said there was a big line and that they only are going to have 18 Wiis available -- thank god the Market Place Mall had a couple of spots open.

But I don't trust the lesbian countergirl that helped me. I don't trust her one bit.

If I have a better chance at getting a Wii at a Best Buy, I'll take my cash out in a heartbeat.

I'm almost positive this "get-there-early-to-preorder" crap was a huge load of bull from Gamestop/EB, however. They're supposed to get 40% of the two-million launch-day allocation -- divided by 4,500 stores, averages 177 per location. Even if the allocations or shipments are off by half, you're still looking at nearly a hundred per store.

Though I was stunned by how small the Wii is. I guess I knew intellectually, but seeing the physical box on display was strange. I didn't see a single Wii game on the shelves...I don't know why. I'm guessing they were all sold through pre-orders.

...Of course, TVs aren't of much use in direct sunlight, either.

Could be damage control. But I also imagine it would take a lot of sunlight, like playing outside in direct sunlight, to interfere with the motion tracking. No Boktai Wii for you!

The next 33 days shan't be the longest of my life. By no means.

Final Fantasy XII on the 31st; Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War on the 7th; Final Fantasy III DS on the 14th; pointing and laughing at PS3 buyers on the 17th.

I'll live.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm going to get FFXII, FFIII, FFVI GBA, and the GameCube version of Twilight Princess. I don't want to flick the ****ing controller every time I want to swing the sword. I want to relax when playing videogames, damn it.

21. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    word

22. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Girls.

Yane is probably going to hurt me for that.

PS3 ad.

Is it just me or is that ad...not good? It doesn't explain a damn thing and you have no idea what they're selling. And it seems like world domination is imminent

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What the hell is with that PS3 ad? Are they saying it's going to turn the world into some sort of dull dystopia? And how the hell is that kid gonna be able to afford it?

24. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Sony has a knack for making horrible ads. Remember the PSP ones? I've seen KKK meetings with less sterotypes. And the PSP ads where they had the white girl choke the black one with the words "WHITE IS COMING". And the ads that they released in Italy with the kid with a crown of thorns in the shape of the buttons on the controllers.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> But I don't trust the lesbian countergirl that helped me. I don't trust her one bit.<<

Yane's trustworthy.

Wait, what? Damnit, Flare's fantasizing too much- it's affecting other people's judgement now. ;)

Also, this is officially my favorite screen shot ever:

[image=http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/725/725810/rayman-raving-rabbids-20060815054236778.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.