main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The (Current) Generation Trilogy: Wii, PS3 & XBox 360 (Console Comparison & Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    According to Metacritic: Killzone 2 is 91, MW2 is 93.
    NSMBW: 87, CiT: 86.

That hardly correlates to 'zomg one game dominates the other.' Heck, I would consider those statistically insignificant.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It is safe to say that the PS3 finally had a good year after it's abysmal performance and selection for the first two years.

And all they had to do was cut the price in half, change the controller and completely redesign the console to do it ;)

But seriously, the resolution to the HD-DVD/BRD situation combined with the increased adoption of BRD and HDTVs certainly benefited the PS3. They're just fortunate the quality of the title selection rose to take advantage of it at the same time ;)

I think it's biggest hurdle is still to further distinguish itself from the 360, as they still share the majority of their major libraries and match each other's capabilities for the most part. The BRD functionality helps, but I don;t know if it'll be enough now that standalone BRD players are getting down there too (compared to the PS2 which had a huge run of popularity for a long stretch when DVD players were more costly)- it may almost be to the tipping point where it won't be a major selling point anymore than DVD was in the later years of the PS2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.