main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The Current Plan...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I will be missing the movie with you guys tonight. I promised my mom I'd watch it with her for her birthday and she has already bought tickets for the five o'clock showing. Anyway, give me a call when the seven o'clock lets out and maybe we can get some dinner or something.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    You cant watch it twice? Or do you mean you are going to catch it TODAY at 5?

3. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    I'll be seeing it Sunday.

4. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, you missed an interesting dinner with us after Harry Potter, Lodreh. :D

5. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Hey, look! It's Riff.

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Lodreh, did they do the book justice on Prisoner?

7. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    My first take... I did not enjoy the movie as much as the book... Second time... I see why they left some things out... overall a different direction than I would have liked... but enjoyable.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I am in the process of reading the book now. However, since I had NOT at the time I watched the movie, in my opinion it was the best of the three movies, so far. My wife agreed. As did my supervisor when she went to see it. But, seeing as how the books have made me go from someone who enjoys the movies, to someone who LOVES the Harry Potter books and movies, I cant wait to read the book. :)

9. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    It didn't come close to doing the movie justice, and I don't like the new director as much as Chris Columbus. One of the highlights was the CGI animation for Buckbeak. As many of you know, I'm not a big fan of CGI characters. They are rarely done well. But the Buckbeak scenes were good, though I could have done without the "I'm king of the world" part. I was much less impressed by the werewolf CGI.

That said, it was still a very good movie.

10. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    its been a while since i read the book. maybe i have forgotten enough to enjoy the movie.

11. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hmmmm. Maybe I wasn't the only one who wasn't overly pleased with this director. They've brought on someone new of Goblet of Fire. It'll be interesting (and possibly painful) to see how they shave that book down into a 2-3 hour movie.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, I liked the new directors take with the movie. I thought it was fresh, and most definitely darker. Dont get me wrong, I liked what Columbus did with the first two movies, but I thought it was a nice change.

13. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    By the way, the "King of the World" moment you were talking about was very touching to me. I dont count Leo or Titanic towards anything worth more than slosh in the film industry, anyways. I felt ALOT more emotion when Harry did that, and that reason being all the crap he has had to deal with so far in his life, especially the Dursleys.... that for him to get such pleasure out of something was absolutely wonderful, to me. It made me connect with Harry alot more, for me.

14. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I really think it's groovy! Still, I have no favorites. I've loved them all!

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Should have posted my thoughts here. See "Harry Potter Times" thread.

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Gotcha. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.