main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends THE CURSE OF MR. SHUSHY~*young Qui, lil' Xani, and babysitting fun. :) UPDATED 2/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Charmisjess, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Authors note: Yes, it's insane. Yes, GL wrote SW's. Yes, I'm spinning off his brilliance, making no money. :D Yes, it's true that I am no owner of these lovely characters. And if you decided to sue me, I'd have to pay you in chickens. Which is a depressing thought.

I hope you all enjoy this little bit of fun! :) There aren't a lot of young Xani, young Qui humor stuff out there, so I thought I'd stick one 'out there' for kicks. If you're looking for a timeline, this fic follows my fic Kite but it's not really necessary at all to read that before you read this. ENJOY!! :)

~*~

Qui-Gon rolled over to scowl at the blaring alarm clock. It flashed the digits of the hour at him incessantly, and he sighed. He supposed he had better just get up.

Moaning, the young Padawan pulled himself up. He had been at the temple for almost two months now, after being grounded by the Council to heal from a mission gone wrong. Of course, now he had healed, but he and his Master, Dooku, still hadn?t been reassigned. He was certain if he had to drill with probe droids one more time he would go mad...

He sat on the edge of his bed and began to slowly dress. The young padawan was just pulling on his pants when he heard the front door of the quarters he shared with Dooku hiss open.

?Master??

There was no answer from the main living quarters. Shrugging, the boy fiddled with the laces of his boots. He thought he heard something creak and glanced up.

...still, there was no one. He frowned and looked back down at his boot.

Suddenly Tahl rocketed into the room, bounding onto his bed and bouncing enthusiastically. ?QUI-GON!? She yelled, grabbing him by the shoulder.

Qui-Gon blinked at her a moment in pure shock, and then yelped and tumbled onto the floor in surprise. ?Tahl!? He panted, looking up at her in fright. ?What-what...?!? He tried to catch his breath. ?What are you-what is wrong with you?!? The boy gasped out, rubbing at his chest. ?You nearly killed me! Can?t you...can?t you...? he paused, his eyes narrowing. ?...announce your presence in a more conventional manner??

??Announce my presence in a more conventional manner?? You sound like Dooku. You hang out with him too much. Oh, maybe next you?ll start looking like him.? She ignored his glare, and waved a piece of paper at his face. ?Read this!? Her smile grew. ?Isn?t it spectacular??

?Hold it still.? Qui-Gon tried to focus on the little bit of paper being waved frantically in front of his eyes. He frowned in concentration, and then snatched the pamphlet out of his friends hand to get a better look. It was a brochure on some carnival, depicting several attractions and rides, painted in tastelessly bright colors, with a list of dates on the bottom. Carefully, Qui-Gon turned it over, still frowning, wondering if there was something he had missed. But there was nothing on the other side, except more colorful pictures. ?What?? He asked, looking bewildered.

?What?!? Tahl repeated incredulously. ?What do you think? Doesn?t that sound like fun?? She demanded.

?Oh....? Qui-Gon faked a smile. ?Fun, yes. What is your point??
    Tahl?s lovely green gold eyes narrowed. ?Well, for once we are both on Coruscant at the same time...and I?ve got time off, why don?t we go??

Qui-Gon?s features froze, and his eyes flickered back down at the attractions listed on the pamphlet. ?Go...there? Why??

?You aren?t getting this concept are you?? She rolled her eyes and him, and gave him a serious stare, poking him in the shoulder for emphasis with every word. ?Because it?s fun, like recreation...?

Qui-Gon shrugged and stood up, heading toward the fresher to brush his teeth. ?Ah, I see. Thank you, but no thank you Tahl. I don?t really like amusement parks.?

She trailed after him, glaring. ?You?ve never been, you don?t know if you like them or not!?

He pointed his toothbrush at her. ?Yes, but I?m making an educated guess that I won?t.? The girl crossed her arms over her chest and gave

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That's pretty cute. Poor Qui-Gon is going to get stuck with a 5 year old Xanatos, Mr. Shushy is staying home alone and Dooku thinks Qui-Gon is going on a date with Tahl. "Make wise choices" indeed.

Looking forward to more

3. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Oh-ho yes!...Let the Madness begin!

4. Avanalla

Avanalla Jedi Knight

Jan 3, 2004
    *bump* *bump* *bump* 1st post. I really like the way you portray Tahl, she always seems more real than JW's (grrr, murderer of good sub characters).

5. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003
  6. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    I know I've said this before, dude, but this story kicks be-hind. I like how you make the idea of Qui having a toy bantha real, you know. Even though the idea itself might sound crazy, the way you write it makes it realistic. I BELIEVE THAT HE HAS A PINK BANTHA CALLED MR SHUSHY! :D I also love how you write Tahl. She is a wonderful character, and you write both her and Qui-Gon perfectly. You again prove your abilty to write really wicked character interaction (to other dudes: check out Kite!). Keep rockin', dude! I can't wait to see what happens when we meet little Xani...hey, that sounds like little Ani... ;)

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yes Tahl and Qui are in perfect character :D No wonder Xani and Qui never got along. Xani was probably traumatized by having teenage Qui-Gon as a baby sitter.....

8. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Ah, the author emerges with an update!!! :eek: SHOCKING! and just for v-day too! I hope everyone enjoys this little bit... but firstly...
    thanks to: my betas, who looked over this mess. To Roo, thanks for always for taking so much time for even a silly little humor piece, you're wonderful. To Lauren, thank you for laughing in all the right places. :) and of course...to all you who were so kind as to leave replies, and boost my withered self esteem...

dianethx lol, it will get worse... ;)
    Xeana :D thanks, and begin the madness shall!!!
    Avanalla hehehe! thanks livi! i love you!
    Becjedi Roo, you're the best. Thanks for leaving me a post, especially after how much you helped with this. :) Again, thank you. And you're right. Lil' Xani...lil' Ani...I'm afraid... ;)
    LAURIE Sorry, darling, I couldn't force myself to type Lay'ren. ;) LOL! yeah, most likely that was the real turning point for Xani... thanks for posting!

And now our feature presentation...

At the appointed time, a knock came from the door and he opened it to find Tahl standing just outside. Usually that in itself was not an alarming sight. But her outfit almost knocked him dead.

She was decked out in a short dress, bright purple, with a neck cut a bit lower than for practical purposes, in Qui-Gon's opinion. It stopped just short of the knees and hugged her trim body in a perfect fit. Tall, lace-up boots finished the ensemble, shiny and black around her feet. Qui-Gon wasn't sure if she looked ridiculous or attractive.

"What are you wearing?!" They both yelled in unison at each other.

Qui-Gon stared down at his own simple Jedi tunic in confusion, wondering what she was on about.

"What do you mean, 'what am I wearing?'! You're the one in purple!"

"I know!" Tahl said, adding monumentally to his confusion. "Where's yours?"

"What, is it 'wear purple day?!'"

Tahl sighed and let herself in, her heels clomping. "Hardly. I mean, where's your civilian clothes?"

"Oh, those." Qui-Gon shrugged. "I wore them when I...when I last visited Coruscant's shadier side, and ripped them jumping a fence. Well, the pants I ripped, the shirt I bled all over.." he paused there, reflectively. "You'd think it would be tougher material but it's not."

As he had been talking, Tahl's face had gone through a series of transformations. Firstly, disappointment, then slight amusement, finally resting on rapture. "Oh, Qui!" she exclaimed, slapping her hand down and making him jump."Let me take you out and get you some new ones!"

"But I thought we were going to that circus thing..."
    "We are! In a little bit! It's open until late!" Her face glowed as she pulled him toward the door. "Besides, you can't wear Jedi clothes...you won't get a moment's peace all night... oh...This will be so much fun!"

There was an ominous crash from the kitchen and Qui-Gon glanced around. "What in-?!"

"Oh-no! Xanatos, I told you not to touch anything!" Tahl wailed, rushing into the kitchen. She emerged seconds later holding a wriggling boy by his arms.

Qui-Gon stared in utter shock. With his visual trauma from Tahl's dress he hadn't even noticed that the child had come in behind her. So much for his Jedi powers of observation...either that or the kid was really sneaky... Qui-Gon squinted at him a moment.

He was small, four or five as Tahl had mentioned, with jet black hair falling haplessly into his midnight blue, intelligent eyes. He seemed to be fighting for his life against Tahl's chastening, desperately writhing out of her grip. "Lemme go...Taaaaahhl, I din'it touch anything!" Xanatos yelled, pushing her away. "Don' touch me!!"

Qui-Gon smiled, patiently bemused at Tahl's desperate stand to hold him still, and leaned down. "I forgot how bad you are with kids...here, watch me." He gave her another patronizing look and held out a hand to the boy. "Hi there, youngling. Are you excited to go to the-AH SITH!" Qui-Gon leapt back, staring in horror at the little Jedi. "Tahl! He BIT me!" He held out his left hand to show

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    "Okay-what do you two want to see first?"

"The exit..." Qui-Gon murmured grudgingly.

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA... that line kills me!!!! So typically Qui-Gon to be a stick in the mud at a party ;) Can't say that I blame him too much though since Xani bit him and all :D I love it...............heheheheheheheh.

10. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003

As they went, Tahl continued to talk. "Now, we're going on the buddy system here, so no one gets lost, hurt..." her eyes narrowed slightly. "...kidnapped by Jedi-Haters and tortured..." She gave Qui-Gon a very pointed look.

"Who does that happen to?" Qui-Gon asked, innocently, flicking his eyes upward.

Lol!

Awww, pouting Xan. Hmmm. Now who does Qui-Gon's outfit remind me of?

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    As they went, Tahl continued to talk. "Now, we're going on the buddy system here, so no one gets lost, hurt..." her eyes narrowed slightly. "...kidnapped by Jedi-Haters and tortured..." She gave Qui-Gon a very pointed look.

"Who does that happen to?" Qui-Gon asked, innocently, flicking his eyes upward.

Loved that answer.... Oh, Qui-Gon has never been to a fair but has been tortured by Jedi-haters. Boy, what a life!

Good job.

12. SmugglerAnnaMasak

SmugglerAnnaMasak Jedi Master star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    This is so cool! You've got the characterizations down pat!

13. BecJedi

Jul 27, 2003
    SmugglerAnnaMasak , you said exactly what I was gonna say! :D That's the best thing about this story. The characters are so true! It's noT some crazy humour fic with everyone acting out of character (ie. see all my fics! :p), it's funny and characterisation is perfect. :)

I love how you write Xani true to his character in the JA books, yet the imagery around him is so child-like. It's really excellent! I know he's a little evil...BUT HE'S SUCH A CUTIE-PIE WITH THE FLOPPY HAT! :D All in all, bring on the fair! :D

Another good job from the mastwa. :)

Oh, and one more thing: GO THE BUDDY SYSTEM! :D :D

14. BecJedi

Jul 27, 2003
    P.S. When will you be updating? :)

15. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Okay, guess what?! I'm still alive! :D

Lol, updates will be coming shortly, and chapter three should be up in a week!!! Stay tuned-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.