main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Curusauntia (distant future)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by 1Yodimus_Prime, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Title: The Curusauntia
    Author: 1Yodimus_Prime, but if you really want it, PM me and it's your's. :D
    Timeframe: Know how the saga was set a 'long time ago'? Well...this is set maybe not quite so long ago.
    Characters: many OCs
    Genre: I imagine this being of a distant POV, like an ethnography, though it does follow the lives of two girls, and might grow to be something more dramatic as time goes on.
    Keywords: I should note here that this is in no way an AU.
    Summary: A pair of siblings live out their lives on the planet once called 'Coruscant', though this name - at least its correct spelling - and much of its history has been lost to the ages, along with interstellar flight and pretty much every other form of technology. In this new future world, two religions, both sprouting from the events of two different ancient, galaxy-defining wars, find themselves on the brink of starting their own devastating war...

notes: Narrative-wise, I don't have anything more written than what you see. Lots of notes, but this is it as far as content. It's been sitting in my Word folder for half a year like this. I don't think I have any good solid ideas for moving it forward. So if you read this, and it inspires you in some way, then please feel free to ask me for it. This tale is currently up for grabs. :D
    Enjoy.

A light breeze makes the forest say, ?Shhhhhh,? which is altogether too appropriate. They sit around his campfire, a meager coal burn that?s kept small and clean, free of any smoke or crackling noise that might alert evesdroppers to the presence of visitors. It?s just the two of them and him, the exile. They sit a distance from the fire, its heat meaningless in that warm summer evening, the sun only an hour from setting. For a long time they are silent, watching the rare flame as it leaps and dances about the coals.

?I told you not to come back.? He finally says.

?Yet you received us anyway.? The older sister challenges.

?I am exiled. I have no right to turn away anybody.? He looks up, into the southern distance, the direction of the village square, ?if our people spread any further, they will force me into the mountains and claim this place as their own. They need not even ask.?

?Why would you let them do that?? the girl presses.

?Haha! You would have me singlehandedly strike down our whole tribe? I could never do that. Even if I wanted to. The law states that an exile?s life is forfeit. The only reason I?m allowed to live so close to the village is because they know there are many tribes that believe the same things I believe. If I were to go to one of them, I could return and destroy us.?

?Well?why don?t you?? says the girl, her eyes alight with thoughts of the potential power this strange outcast weilds.

The man now looks at her, stern faced, almost angry. Almost, ?For the same reason I would never take up arms against them. I love our tribe. They are my friends, are my family. I grew up with Aquil the Elder; I nearly married Mona Corin as a young man; the Scriptor who threw me out, she showed me how to dance during one of the spring festivals. I taught your father to hunt. I could never harm them, not even for revenge.?

?But you could go and live with one of those other tribes anyway!? she says now, energized, ?You could be a high priest with all the things you know!?

The man looks down, sad, ?No. No, if such a tribe did not outright kill me out of fear, it would surely force me to lead them to us. Few tribes are willing to tolerate what our people believe. Our people are the last holdouts of a dying religion.?

?Well, except for you.?

?Except for me. I represent another member lost to the new era. The Scriptors count our village now the way traders count seeds. Each one missing is a blow to their livelihood. That is why heretics like me are treated so harshly. In the old days, when they didn?t realize their cause was lost, believing in the Words of Arthur would lose you entry

2. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    ::Whistles hello.::

Anytime someone takes a stab at the old history-intersecting-with-myth theme I gotta rush in and offer my wholehearted approval. Intriguing idea.

3. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Well thanks!
    I really do believe the idea has merit. And there are a ton of places it could go. I love the idea of discovery. They're kind of piecing together a mystery, in their own misguided way.

What I wanted to do was step back from how we commonly understand the Star Wars mythos, and maybe put a old, dusty, half-translucent, cracked up window in front of it. There's so much we take for granted really - like, that there were two Death Stars. Or that the Anakin and Vader were the same person. Or that droids aren't people (if you didn't already guess, "Arthur" is a linguistic perversion of Artoo :D ).

I might try to push it and see what I can do about continuing, but don't get your hopes up. Like I said, I've been DWB'd on this for months now. Consider it more a seed than a story.

4. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    This looks VERY interesting. Please PM me with updates, if you do that sort of thing. :p

=D=

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I like the premisie of than, and I am rather curious whyt you'll do with it.

Sign me up for the pm-list, lest I forget about this.[face_batting]

6. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Consider yourselves both signed up.
    We'll see what happens... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.