main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy The Dúnedain Rangers (LOTR Roleplay)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by MandoA101, Apr 15, 2018.

1. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 2, 2016

The Dúnedain Rangers

[​IMG]

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost. For none now live, who remember it...

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish this never happened.
    So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

-

For hundreds of years, the Dunedain Rangers have protected the lands of the Free Peoples of Eriador from the bloodthirsty Orcs that prowl the wastes of what was the great kingdom of Arnor. The people live harshly, and their life is that of subsistence, hand to mouth. But yet, they lived on.

The Peoples had always lived a dangerous life. They have accepted that. But tidings have been bad, of late. The chief of the Rangers, Arathorn, and his son, Aragorn, have left the area and have made for Rivendell. The remaining people are scattered; leaderless.

And even more troublig, the Orcs from the far north have been increasing their attacks and raids upon the Freeholds of the people. Things are changing, and they must be addressed. A new Chief has risen in the stead of Arathorn. His name is Gilean, and he has relocated the People to a large abandoned settlement, dating back to the first age. From the massive keep, he rules.

But even in the safety of the old fortress, the Orcs still trouble him. He has compiled the finest Rangers from all of Eriador, and has sent them on a perilous journey, to find and kill the leader of the orc war party that has been ravaging their lands. And thus, their Journey begins.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, brave adventurers!

This is a Lord of the Rings RPG, however, not attached directly to the original series itself. It is loosely based of Born of Hope, a sort of Indie movie made in 2003. There's some background, but here are the Rules:

1. Please, no Godmodding.
    2. Listen to the GM (MandoA101)
    3. Please, be respectful to your fellow players.
    4. Have Fun!
    5. Most importantly, no "My Preciousss..."
    6. PM character sheet to me.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality Traits:
    Clothing:
    Equipment:
    Weapons:
    Weapon Names (Optional):
    Military/training History:
    Short Bio:

The game will start 1 week from today, on April 22nd.