main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Dance (Kyp/Jaina Viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    The Dance
    by obi's girl

Summary: After Jag and Jaina marry, Kyp tries to come to terms with the fact that he lost Jaina but she unexpectedly asks him to dance...
    A/N: In an attempt to better understand Kyp/Jaina, I have written this viggie. No, I have not converted to the dark side. I'm still J/J 'shipper. This just came to me. Story written in Kyp's point of view.
    Thanks to Connemara for beta'ing this for me!

It's over; there they are dancing happily as man and wife. What was, what could have been, there's no chance for us now, Jaina. Looking back, maybe we never had a chance. I thought when you came by my apartment and wanted to talk to me you, you were coming because you wanted to confess your feelings. But it turned out, you came to tell me Jag had proposed. You said you loved Jag, and despite the past and everything, being with Jag was where you belonged. I believed you.

Now, you're dancing with your husband, except that guy isn't me. My place never belonged with you, Jaina. Maybe one time, you did but good things never last for me. Good things never happen to me period. Maybe I'm cursed that way.

I looked down at my Corellian ale and turned back to the bar, nodding to the bartender. He looked at me sympathetically as he poured me another glass. Always at these weddings, some guy loses the girl he loves to the other guy. The bartender's probably heard the same story countless times. Why would mine be any different? Strangely, as I am about to take a drink, I stopped and turned around.

I'd seen Jaina in her wedding dress earlier when Leia helped get her ready. Now, her hair was tucked inside a bun and her bangs were curled and framed her small face, and glitter and make up sparkled around her cheeks. Her dress wasn't a big one, and I could bet she wasn't even wearing high heels. She hated high heels and any type of shoes that weren't boots. If she was wearing them it was because she had to. "Kyp," she said and smiled, extending her hand to me, "I was wondering if you would dance with me?"

"What about Jag?"

Jaina shrugged, confused by the question and then shrugged it off. "I want to dance with you...We really didn't have a chance to talk before the ceremony,"

I looked again at the ale and then to Jaina. I took one last sip and then stood up, taking hold of her small hand and leading her to the dance floor. I positioned her right hand around my back while I held her left. "You look beautiful," I said.

She smiled and blushed. "I've always hated dresses but this one I don't mind too much. The heels are bit much though," I smirked and twirled her around. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"It's a nice reception."

Jaina looked down and then raised her chin, "Kyp, you can be honest with me,"

"Can I honestly be honest with you, Jaina? If I told you now how I feel about all of this, you would be angry with me for saying something,"

She scowled, "Why would I be angry with you?"

"Because...because..." I cried, "I love you."

Jaina let go of my hands and stepped away from me, shocked by this revelation. She stared at me for a long time, unsure how to react and then the Jaina I knew, the tomboy Jaina surfaced and her fist collided with my face. The guests stopped dancing, watching the spectacle. They couldn't believe this beautiful bride punched one of her guests...without hesitation. That was Jaina.

I felt my jaw feel was out of place as I turned back to her. By now, Jag had pushed through the crowd and was standing beside Jaina, glaring at me. But he didn't seem mad at Jaina since his anger was directed towards me. He knew I had said something to her to have made her punch me in front of her guests.

"Take it back," she commanded.

I nodded, "I'm not taking it back, Jaina."

She stepped up to me, her brown eyes fiery red all of the sudden, "Take it back, Kyp. You can't say that to me...how could you say something like that on my wedding day?"

"Because you asked for the truth and I gave it to you."

"Now, I want you to take it back," Jaina sn

2. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Weird...it looks like there was some glitch with your quotation marks on the second half of the story...I wonder what caused that?

Anyway, excellant vig, and interesting concept!! :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    They couldn't believe this beautiful bride punched one of her guests...without hesitation. That was Jaina.

Very well written! The only thing in real life I've seen close to this is the groom that turned around at the altar and walked out the church doors. SNICKER! Great job!

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I don't know why that happened, text editor problem or something but I'm happy this wasn't ignored.

~aeryn

5. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Wow, that was cool. Jaina was very Jaina-ish and Kyp seemed mainly in character. Funfunfun. And poor Jag, such a nice decent guy... but he just can't win, now can he?

-Saber

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Jaina was very Jaina-ish and Kyp seemed mainly in character.

That's good to hear. I wanted to stay true to their characters, even though it's a different pairing than what I'm used to.

~aeryn

7. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I can't say who was in character or not, since I haven't read a lot of NJO era stuff, but I really enjoyed your story. Couldn't help but feel sorry for Jag, though. Poor guy.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I feel bad for Jag too :(

~aeryn

9. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Aeryn, this was definitely a shock when I saw it in the Kyp fan club thread. I really liked it though. I feel horrible for Jag, but I know who I'd put him with ;). Hmm. Perhaps one day I will have the... courage? Gumption? to write a J/J where I don't break them up, since you decided to write a K/J. Last J/J I wrote wasn't a true J/J cause it was a breakup story.

I'm rambling. Hehe. I liked it a great deal. Great job.

~~Jilly

10. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ohh this was really weird but I liked it. Though this Jaina was really strange.

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Aeryn, this was definitely a shock when I saw it in the Kyp fan club thread.

It was a shock to me JD when I started to write this but when inspiration hits, there's nothing you can do about other than write.

Jaina's pretty much clueless about Kyp's feelings and stubborn about her feelings for Kyp.

~aeryn

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.