main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the dancing and ballet thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Iwishiwasajedi, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Now I must admit I don't dance, but this thread is for all those that do dance. This also includes Ballet. I want to do tap dancing, but I haven't been able to find a group here that does it. I realize some people don't take dancing or ballet as an art form, and I'm not rejecting their opinion in anyway. But to me ballet is a very complicated art form. The moves, the stregth, the flexibility, all of it combines to make bueatiful dancing. :)

2. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I started dance when I was 3 (mainly ballet, some jazz, tap, acro). I was at a really good school, but then we moved, and there just weren't any good dance schools in my new town. So I stopped when I was 8. Kind of depressing.

3. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I also started dance when I was three, and I am still going strong today. (I am 15.) I do all kinds of dancing, including ballet, jazz, tap, pointe, lyrical, and hip-hop. I'm even on a pom squad at my high school! [face_shocked] That's a lot of dancing! But the funny thing is, I never really appreciated dancing until a couple years ago. My mother started me in dance classes, and I just went along for the heck of it. Now I truly enjoy dancing. If you haven't, you should try it. Like Iwishiwasajedi said, it's a beautiful art form, and a lot of fun!

*SB*

4. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    when i was l'il, like 5-8 years old, i took gymnastics, which lead to ballet and jazz. but then my mom couldn't afford it anymore and i had to stop. :(
    but now i'm really good at hip-hop dancing and i love it when i get compliments on my dancing.

oh,yeah. if you haven't seen me in this forum before it's cuz it's my 1st time in this forum. my 1st post is on this thread. don't you guys feel special? 8-} :D

5. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

I wish I had something to add to this thread, but I'm afraid I can't since I don't know a single thing about the art form. I'm upping this because I enjoy hearing people discuss it. So, go ahead... discuss! :)

~PAd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.