main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Danni Quee Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Danny_Quee, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Hey folks,

I like Danni Quee and I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss Danni with other Danni fans (if there are any), so I decided to start the Danni Quee Fan Club.

I am in favor of a Jacen/Danni relationship, but you don't have to be to join the club...you just have to like Danni, think she's an interesting character, think she has potental, etc.

In hopes that this place will get some interesting discussion, I'll give a discussion topic to start with: What would you like to see happen with Danni in future NJO books?

I think I'd most like to see Danni continue her Jedi training. One cool possibility I thought of while reading Destiny's Way, which I just finished recently, was that now that Tekli has become a Jedi Knight, Cilghal no longer has an apprentice and maybe she could take Danni on as an apprentice. True, Cilghal is a healer and there has been no indication that Danni is going down that path (though, there's been no indication Danni will be more than a scientist who can levitate things) but the two did work together on studying the Vong creatures and it would be a neat way to build on that relationship and develop Danni's Force skills.

Okay...well, let's see where this goes. I hope it doesn't sink to the bottom with only this post...

2. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    You know I'm in

I wouldn't leave ya hangin'

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I like Danni, mainly because she is one of the first SW heros who is not a Jedi, scoundrel, diplomat or Jedi. Okay, she is a Jedi, but that is not the reason she is a "hero".

I do not like Jacen so much (as of DW) so I would prefer her with someone else.

I have no clue as to what will happen to her. Maybe nothing since she is not a Solo/Skywalker. :(

4. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Alright! There are actually other people out there who like Danni! Welcome to the club, Nitro29 and Kettch_the_Jedi!

Kettch_the_Jedi,I also like Danni because she doesn't fit in to one of the usual SW hero molds like Jedi, scoundrel, etc.

I also don't know what will happen to her in future books, and I am afriad she won't appear much unless the writers need someone to explain something scientific or they choose develop her thing with Jacen more, but we can always hope for more than that.

5. Nitro29

Nov 3, 2001
    She has always been one of my favorite characters because she has that fragile appearence, but is one of the most resilient characters in the whole NJO. Almost reminicent to how Leia is.

6. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Yeah, Nitro, I think you are right. Danni had to be pretty tough to endure being a prisoner of the Vong and watching them break Miko. I think that it is too bad that after the Dark Tide books those events aren't really brought up again. Her history of surviving being the first prisoner of the Vong is one of the reasons I think Danni is a character with a lot of untapped potental.

And let's see if we can get a few more Danni fans...I know there's got to be some!

7. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I think Danni's a cool character. I like the fact that she's a smart young woman in the Star Wars universe. There aren't that many of them. I think that she's too good for Jacen, personally, but I'm not a big fan of his.

~Inyri

8. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    Count me in. I believe the reasons have already been made by those who've posted before me.

9. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...definitely a character with untapped potential..

The sad part is i don't think we'll ever actually see this potential REALIZED..

At least, not in the forseeable future.

I'd like to be wrong about that, though...

I don't think she and Jacen should hook up, though..

I see Jace endin' up with the Queen of Hapes....

10. JoeSolo1

JoeSolo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm a fan of Danni Quee. Thought she was a great charcter to help bring in the Vong and their sacrafices, I havent seen her as far as read ( just finished Balance Point), but I hope I see her more, shes a good strong woman, and the SW Universe needs some of those.

11. Nitro29

Nov 3, 2001
    Don't worry, she resurfaces in SbS, and has been in nearly every book so far, except for DJ and Traitor.

12. JoeSolo1

JoeSolo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks for the info Nitro29 I am pretty far behind everyone, since I just started reading the NJO, oh well. But Danni does have untapped potential, and she sounds hot too lol. Sorry I am shallow like dat. Force-weldng women are the best women.

13. Nitro29

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds hot? I take it you haven't seen a picture of her. Trust me, you are NOT shallow.

As far as untapped potential, I feel she really comes into her own in Rebel Dream, some might say in SbS. I won't ruin anything for you, but just know that it gets better.

14. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    InyriForge, Jedi_Master_Mazzara, Drew_Atreides, JoeSolo1...welcome to the club! Great to see that Danni does have a number of fans!

So, anybody else have some thoughts about what they'd like to see happen to Danni in upcoming books? Or anything else Danni-related?

15. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    i'll join! :) she's pretty cool.

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Kyp/Danni! Keep her away from the whining wonder, give her the Kypster, and the most intresting relationship she could gain!

:)

17. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Welcome to the club, Anakin_Solo02!

Nice to see you, Reaper! So you like a Kyp/Danni relationship? I don't remember you mentioning that before. ;)

18. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Aside from about 5 places, I never have ;)

19. Nitro29

Nov 3, 2001
    I hope Danni is one of the people who acompany Luke, Mara, and Jacen in Remnant. With her intellect, who knows what kind of things she might uncover at Zenoma Sekot(sp?).

20. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Nitro, that's an interesting idea. I don't know if other people are going to accompany Luke, Mara, and Jacen to Zenoma Sekot in Remnant, for some reason I thought it was just gonna be those three. But I've been pretty much avoiding Remnant spoilers, and I really do hope Danni has a good part in it.

Reaper, so a relationship with Kyp is the most interesting relationship Danni could gain? Now, does that only apply to Danni or is a relationship with Kyp the most interesting relationship any woman could gain? And if it's the latter, why should Danni get to be the lucky woman who gets to gain a relationship with the Kypster?

21. Nitro29

Nov 3, 2001
    Just in case anybody here doesn't know what she looks like, I'll put this Here

By the way, FYI, that isn't fan art, it was part of the cover for Knightfall, which was supposed to take place after BP before it was scrapped.

22. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Most intresting for Danni AND Kyp. They're quite opposite.

23. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Nitro, thanks for posting that link! I can't say that the Knightfall cover picture is exactly what I picture Danni looking like, but it is still a nice picture.

From a Danni-focused perspective, it's pretty disappointing that they cancelled those Knightfall books. She went from being a major character in the Knightfall books, to never being mentioned in Conquest/Rebirth. And, of course, she already wasn't in the Agents of Chaos series or BP.

Reaper, yeah I can see how Danni and Kyp are opposites. Danni likes Jacen, Kyp doesn't. Danni is really smart, Kyp isn't very smart...

Just kidding. I suppose a Danni and Kyp relationship could be interesting, but I think I'll wait until they actually have a scene together before deciding on that.

24. Nitro29

Nov 3, 2001
    Heh heh, maybe if more people knew what she looked like, it would draw more fans

Oh, by the way, there's an icon of her now. Same picture though

25. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Nitro, thanks for pointing out about that Danni icon. I don't think I'll use it, I like having a male icon and Han is my favorite SW character, but I'll have to keep my eyes open for anyone using the Danni icon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.