main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Dar news thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Dec 19, 2010.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll send some Super Glue in your next care package :)

[face_laugh]

2. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Mika, I just want to say thank you so much. You've sent me so many goodies while I've been out here that I'm forever grateful. I can't wait to read the new comic. It actually seems interesting to me, having a Sith protagonist to read about. And the pop tarts... NOM NOM NOM.

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss ya'll and can't wait to see you again. Your care packages do NOT go unappreciated. I value everything you've all sent me and I just hope I can do something to repay you all for the kindness you've shown me out here. I love each and every one of you.

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    I heart you too Dar. [:D]

4. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    So the other night I had a surprise visit in the middle of the night.

I told Showtunes to come see me when he comes through Salerno on his way back from R&R. Well, he did... IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I almost got an ass chewing, having him wake up my hall way trying to find me. But I explained he wasn't even from our FOB and it was a freak accident.

I'm impressed. He went all over this FOB, in the middle of the night tracking me down. It was good to see him, even though I was in a sleepy stupor. But he seems to have been doing good and he's all in one piece. I just thought I'd let everyone know.

He's such a loyal three legged puppy, he found me in the dark way out in the boonies where I live. Good li'l puppy. lol

I'm still good, missin' ya'll still.

Anyway, off to work with the Skull King.

5. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    He's been home and back already? He was supposed to try and make it threw our neck of the woods, but I guess it was just impossible. His family lives in South Eastern Ky.. not an easy jaunt up here without transportation. I'm sorry we missed him, but I'm so happy he was able to make it home for some rest, and that he was able to stop in and see you. Take care Dar, and we'll see ya later bro. [face_batting]

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay! Dar and Showtunes together again.

7. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    It was only a brief reunion. I had to go back to bed, he had to head back so he could eventually head off to his little neck of the woods. But it was still really good seeing him.

8. TheChangeling

TheChangeling Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2011
    So... I finally remembered my password. ^^; Dar, it was good to see you, too. I still want a rematch when we get home.

9. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey Mika, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! once again. I got your latest package today... OMGOMGOMGOMG!

I'm so glad to get those Legacy: War comics... I love that series and I'm so sad to see it end....again. And dude...dude...DUDE! That little card was totally amazingly awesome! I can't stop looking at it!! I wish I had a way to make a bigger version of it and post it up in my room. I mean, really Mika, I love that more than you know. The little things you do for me out here really make my days so much better when I get off work and settle down and rest. The Star Wars goodies always makes me happier out here.

I'm gonna be in Hawaii in about a week. I'm sooooooo super stoked!! I can't wait! Plus I'm flying my mom down there to visit me for a few days, so I'm really happy about that. I haven't seen her since Christmas 2009 when I got out of Basic Training. So that's the update about me. I'm still same ol', same ol' anti-Afghanistan hatred. I hate this country and its really wearing me down. I'm exhausted as heck out here. But I'm almost half way through... I can't wait to be home and see you all again!!

I miss and love you all,

The Skull King
    Dar Kyram

10. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Just think Dar, Celebration is around the corner. I can see the edge of it right now. When you get back, it will only be 8 months away! When I think of it like that, it doesn't seem such a long time. [face_batting] Steady as she goes....

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay for Hawaii! (I have to make it back there someday) and yay for seeing your mom!

I'm glad the package made it to you and you liked the sketch card. I tried to keep it a surprise but now the story can be told. Those of you that were at CV may remember the art on the banner at the Fan Force party done by board member Joe Hogan...
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Celebration%20V%208-12-2010/181.jpg]

I've followed his art since then and he's definitely on the rise. He even recently did some art for the latest Topps Star Wars Galaxy card set. His rates for commissions are very reasonable and I've gotten a couple of projects done by him. He's very easy to work with and I can't recommend him enough. So I commissioned a sketch card of our favorite Mandolorian warrior and it turned out great! Before I sent it to Dar I scanned it so I could share it with you all as well.
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/DarSketch.jpg]

Joe Hogan's website with more of his art...
    http://iwillbeastarwarsartist.blogspot.com/

12. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    that is awesome!!!!! so cool.

13. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    WOW!!! Mika, the things you do are always so incredible... >;~)

14. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Again Mika, I can't thank you enough for all the good things you've gotten me since we've met. I can't even begin to think of the ways to pay you back for all the kindness you've shown me.

You truly are an amazingly great friend, pal. I appreciate it a lot. You've no idea.

15. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    MIka, you need to write a book. That way, when we see you, we can yell, "MIKA! You magnificent ****, I read your book!"

I might have been on an old movie kick recently, I will admit. And I want to be able to say that to someone other than Dar.

16. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey ya'll. Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive and doing all rig-- ...well, I'm still alive. Miserable and unhappy out here in this worthless country. I'm still doing my job and on the downward swing of things. I'll be home soon in a few months.

I hope for everyone going to see Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan that ya'll have fun. I'm quite upset that for the second time in a row I get shafted on meeting Jeremy Bulloch, but it is what it is I guess...

Anyway, take care everyone and I'll talk to you again.

17. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    Heart you Dar.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hang in there! You'll get your chance to meet all the Fetts at CVI. Every day you're closer to your goal.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey Dar! The Mrs and I got your letter...thank you! A nice old-fashioned hand written letter, you know just what us old fogies like. Looking forward to you coming home soon.

20. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Aw, Mike. You and Mrs. Mika aren't oooolllld!

I'm glad you enjoyed the letter. I thought it would be a good way to pass my time while I was on tower guard, and I wanted to write you guys old fashioned written letter after all the neat things you've sent me.

21. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey Mika! Got yer latest package! Thank you so much for the comics and DVDs. I'll likely watch an episdoe tonight when I get in bed. I love the little Boba Fett cards. And the box of figures worked out, 'cause Kiniska sent me the same thing, but seeing the colletorability of it, I'mma save that one and now this one I can open and have my Boba Fett for what I wanted to use him for. lol

Thanks again, I can't wait to read my comics. Much love to you guys, so much. And I got it the day after my birthday! Yay! Great timing!

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay! Thanks for letting us you know you got it. Enjoy!

23. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey Mika! I got your latest package. Clone Wars Season 2! More intellectual lobotomy for me! I'm excited. Because now when I dog on the cartoon, I have my backing because I HAVE been watching the series. It's not all empty air. Mwuahahaha!

I can't wait to read the comics and thank you SO much for the patch! I've got quite the collection, I just gotta figure where I wanna put 'em all...

Also, I just wanna give a heads up. If anyone has sent any packages, don't send any more. Especially letters. We have two months until I'm headed back to the homeland, so we've been told to tell our families not to send anything after the end of October.

So I want to take a moment and tell you all THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you've sent me. You all have made my deployment that much better with all the goodies I've received. Thank you again from the bottom of my cold, dark, Mandalorian iron heart.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Wow, that was fast. I only just mailed it last week. Score one for the USPS. Thanks for the heads up on not sending any more mail. We're excited about you coming home. Don't suppose you've heard anything from Showtunes if he'll be coming back about the same time as you or not?

25. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    No word on Showtunes, haven't heard from him in a few days. But I would expect he'll be in around the same time as the Skull King.