main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends The Dark Fire Chronicles (AU OT - Luke, Leia, Vader, Han, Mara, OCs and more)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ViariSkywalker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    JediNat - Welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Iverna - I'm glad you were able to find this! I'm sure it must have been back several pages ;) Since my updates are so sporadic I would be happy to PM you when I update.

If anyone else would like a PM when I update, I'd be happy to do so. My posting is so irregular that I don't mind sending out PM's when I do post. Let me know if you'd like to be included.

I am currently in New York for our conference championships, and I will be returning on Sunday, weather permitting. I have a mountain of homework to finish this coming week, but I am planning on having the next chapter up by the end of this month or beginning of next. I will have a break from swimming for a few weeks, and if I can stick to my plan, then Part One should be finished by the summer with Part Two beginning in June. (Wouldn't that make a nice start for the second part, roughly five years after I began posting this story :p )

*crosses fingers* Wish me luck!

~Vi~

2. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Please PM me on this story, thanks :D

3. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    DarthVaderette - You are added! :)

4. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, as promised, here is the beginning of the next chapter! It's been almost eleven months, but I've finally got the ball rolling again. Enjoy!

Chapter Eighteen: Revelations

She was alone in the dark cabin, watching the starlines as the Millennium Falcon rocketed through hyperspace. The argument in the ship?s commons had disturbed her; even though some of the others had expressed a willingness to accept her, she couldn?t help feeling isolated. As she mulled over recent events, Leia removed her mother?s necklace and flipped on a dim light to study it.

She wondered if her mother had worn it every day. She hoped so. Besides the droids, this little charm was the only link she had to the woman she so desperately wanted to know. Leia turned the japor snippet over and noticed that there were two tiny words, probably the name of the pendant?s creator, carved in cramped script on the bottom. She held the pendant up to the light and read the words.

?Anakin Skywalker?

She inhaled sharply. The necklace that had been precious enough for Bail Organa to keep all these years, that had infuriated Darth Vader, had been given to her mother by someone named Anakin Skywalker. Maybe this man had loved Padmé, and Vader was jealous. That would explain his outburst on the Death Star. Or maybe? maybe?

Of course.

Her breaths came quickly, and her eyes began to swim as she clutched the japor snippet to her heart. ?Skywalker,? she whispered, and around her the Force seemed to sigh, as if welcoming back an old friend who had been gone too long.

This is who I am.

Leia wiped her eyes before the tears could completely spill over. ?I?m a Skywalker.?

She slipped the necklace back around her neck and tucked it under her tunic. It seemed like a long shot to guess that the name on the pendant was her father?s birth name, but she felt the rightness of it, the sense of coming closer to completeness than she had ever been before. That had to mean something.

The cabin door opened, and Captain Solo entered, followed by Javan Madai and Chewbacca, who had to duck to avoid hitting his head and shoulders on the door frame. Leia stood up abruptly and relocated to one of the rear seats.

Han smiled suggestively as he took his seat. ?You can stay here; I don?t bite.?

Leia glared at him icily and lifted her chin. ?I?m perfectly comfortable where I am, captain.?

?Whatever you say, Your Worshipfulness.? Han grinned at Chewie. ?Okay, let?s bring her down from lightspeed.? He glanced back at Leia and mumbled, ?Before the cabin freezes over.?

The starlines shortened to pinpricks of light as the Falcon dropped out of hyperspace. Leia craned her neck to see what was beginning to fill the cockpit?s main viewport.

The gas giant Yavin hung in space like a Muran fire gem, a smooth ball of swirling red and orange particles. Hidden in its shadow was Yavin 4, the lush, habitable moon that the Rebel Alliance had seen fit to use as its base. As the Millennium Falcon passed Yavin and approached the jungle moon, the former Princess of the Empire stood up and peered out the viewport, her expression a mixture of awe and sadness. She could feel life radiating off of Yavin 4. Life and optimism, and a hint of exhilaration.

Though she had spent much of her heavily sheltered existence on Imperial Center ? considered by most to be the center of all things progressive ? Leia knew with certainty that the vivacity of the city-world was nothing compared to what awaited on the surface of Yavin 4. As on Alderaan, she felt a crispness in the Force, a refreshing mental breeze that filled her senses and left her just a little curious.

Maybe this is the light side, she thought. Pure and unadulterated.

It wasn?t addicting, like her experience on the Death Star. Remnants of her heavy use of the dark side still resonated inside her, haunting her with the fear that she might not be able to attain it again. All her life, she had valued decisiveness: there had hardly ever been

5. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Interesting... I wonder how the Rebels will receive her.
    I like this, actually. I like how you're writing Leia especially - somehow true to her character despite a radically different upbringing. Very very good. I look forward to reading more!

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    At least we know Javan isn't her twin brother. :p I do hope that she finds some peace and a balance. It will be hard since her father and her brother won't stop searching for her.

7. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    I just read this story in a marathon read the other day, courtesy of the Index. I loved it.

And here it is updated.[face_dancing]

This post was wonderful. So, a Skywalker has joined the rebellion. I'm interested in just how much this will paralell ANH and ESB. Commmander Leia Skywalker of Rogue Squadron, anyone?

Keep up the good work.

If you doing PM's (I can't remember) please add me.

8. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Nice update, =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= wonder how the Rebels will take Leia's presence? (This might not be pretty)[face_beatup] Please add me to the PM list!
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-

9. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Iverna - I like how you're writing Leia especially - somehow true to her character despite a radically different upbringing.

--That is exactly what I was trying to accomplish, so it's good to know I'm succeeding! :)

Mom - At least we know Javan isn't her twin brother.

--Are you sure? [face_batting] Okay, okay, just kidding! :p

I do hope that she finds some peace and a balance. It will be hard since her father and her brother won't stop searching for her.

--Yes, it will definitely be an interesting journey. ;)

canadianjedimama - I just read this story in a marathon read the other day, courtesy of the Index. I loved it.

--I'm so happy to read that! :) Marathon reads are always fun.

And here it is updated.

-- [face_laugh] I'll bet I've lost some readers in the past due to my long absences, so it's a good thing you came along when you did.

This post was wonderful. So, a Skywalker has joined the rebellion. I'm interested in just how much this will paralell ANH and ESB. Commmander Leia Skywalker of Rogue Squadron, anyone?

--Hmm, I don't know... I guess you'll have to keep reading, mwahaha! [face_devil]

If you doing PM's (I can't remember) please add me.

--Added!

JediNat - Nice update, wonder how the Rebels will take Leia's presence? (This might not be pretty)

--As long as Javan keeps his word, they may not have to know. :D

Please add me to the PM list!

--Added!

10. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Eek! I think this is coming dangerously close to being locked!

To all my readers, if any are still hanging in there :p: Thank you for all your support and replies. I am not abandoning this story, but as you can no doubt tell, I've taken a hiatus from it for the time being. I've been working on a few other projects, and I'd like to get some serious work done on this before I post more. Sorry that it has taken so long, and if anyone would like a reminder PM when I start posting again (a one-time post, not a recurring one), I would be happy to oblige. Thanks! :)

~Vi~

11. Darthme1011

Darthme1011 Jedi Master

Mar 29, 2006
    up good to hear its not dead

12. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Up! And if you get around to updating, please let me know![:D]

13. DarthVaderette

May 23, 2004
    Let me know when you update too :D

14. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    I just read through this story, and I have to say I love it![face_love] Your characters are just so... well written! I would comment more, but I really should be studying...

Please add me to your PM list if you have one! ;)

15. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Darthme1011 - Thanks for the up! Yep, this fic is still tumbling around somewhere in my head (and on my harddrive), waiting to be finished. I'll get there. ;)

angry_bendu1 - Up! And if you get around to updating, please let me know!

--I most definitely will! :)

DarthVaderette - Let me know when you update too

--Will do! [face_peace]

Ryorin - Welcome! I can't believe this story is still capable of picking up new readers, considering how long it's been since I updated. [face_laugh]

I just read through this story, and I have to say I love it! Your characters are just so... well written!

--Glad you like! :D Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Please add me to your PM list if you have one!

--You are added! :)

Well, I'm still being slammed with work at school and with swim practice. The season ends in February, so that should free up some time, but I'll probably still be busy finishing up senior year of college. I graduate in June, but I hope to start back to work on this fic before then. I'd like to be able to finish this by the end of the summer and get the next part up and running, but we'll see. Hopefully I can get a substantial amount done before I start student teaching next fall. :p Thanks for being so patient and for hanging in there! [:D]

16. teethlee

teethlee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    I like your story! :D Please pm me!

17. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    teethlee - I will definitely PM you when I update! Thanks for reading! :)

18. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    I followed the link in your sig! :D

This story is very, very good and screams for an update and more sequels to come!

PM me when you update, please! I guess you will be busy for a while with your studies and all, but nevertheless... @};-

19. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    The-Solo-Smirk ? I followed the link in your sig!

--It worked! I always wondered whether anyone would actually follow the links in my sig. :p Glad you found your way here!

This story is very, very good and screams for an update and more sequels to come!

--You?re in luck because I?m about to update! Don?t worry, I intend to have two more parts to this story. :D

PM me when you update, please! I guess you will be busy for a while with your studies and all, but nevertheless...

--For some reason I felt compelled to work on this today, and I decided I was just going to crank it out without worrying over every detail. Glad I did, because otherwise it probably would have taken a lot longer to update. And you are added to the PM list as well! :)

All Readers:

You have patiently waited for an update for over fifteen months, and I am happy to deliver one today. Honestly, I don?t know why any of you are hanging on ? I have a lousy track record for updating. ;) But to those of you who have stuck by me, thank you. To everyone who fell away during any number of my extended absences, I?m grateful for the time you did put in to following this story. To any lurkers who might be out there, I urge you to show yourselves, if only to tell me to get my butt moving on finishing Part One! :p

I am so grateful for all of my loyal readers, but I would like to dedicate this post (being the first since February 2008) to my dear friend Bri_Windstar, who has followed this since the beginning, and who to this day continues to encourage me to finish it. Bri, I can?t figure out why you love this story so much, but I?m glad you do, and I hope to do you proud.

This post continues Chapter 18 where we left off. The Falcon has received permission to land on Yavin, and Leia has just discovered that Javan has some latent Force ability. For now, Javan has promised not to reveal Leia's identity. After today there will be one more post to finish the chapter. Then we get into some real action. [face_mischief]

Enjoy, everyone! [:D]

Chapter Eighteen cont.

The Millennium Falcon touched down on Yavin 4 with little fanfare, to Han?s mild surprise. What with Javan Madai?s droid supposedly carrying the key to defeating the Empire or whatever it was, he thought these Rebels might make a fuss about his arrival. Instead they were met by an easily forgettable technician of some kind who offered them a lift on a repulsorsled. Everyone else outside of the base seemed too busy to even notice them. Javan, Cal, Leia, and Aari climbed onto the first repulsorsled. Han eyed the second one, rolled his eyes at Chewie, and followed his co-pilot, Vic, and the droids onto the sled.

Inside the ancient temple that was serving as the Rebel base, things were even more chaotic than outside. Hoses, tools, and other supplies were scattered throughout the hangar as techs rushed to fix up their scrappy starships. Han watched them work as the sled passed by several Y-wings. He wondered if they realized they didn?t have a chance in hell against the Empire?s weapon.

The sleds slowed to a stop, and Han stepped off before it had ceased moving. Vic jumped off after him, staring openly at the mechanics who hurried past them. Han glanced at Chewie again and shrugged. As the droids climbed off the sled, Han noticed that Threepio looked particularly out of place. The golden protocol droid?s permanently surprised expression seemed even more suited to him as he turned and watched the Rebels go about their work.

?Oh dear,? the droid muttered to his companion before shuffling off toward Leia.

Han jerked his head toward the others, and Chewie and Vic followed him over to Leia?s group. Like Vic and the droids, Cal and Aari were caught up in the moment, staring at the Rebels who passed by them without a word. Only Javan and Leia appeared at ease. Han wondered why the girl wasn?t more nervous about being in an enemy base.

?Javan!?

20. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well things are about to get really exciting for Rebels and the Empire.

Glad to see you updated and I look foward to more updates, keep up the good work

21. DarthVaderette

May 23, 2004
    Hooray! Please keep me on your PM list. I'm going to go back and re-read the story, and am looking forward to further updates!

22. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Your sig - you know, the word "chronicles" has this strong pull on me, for I happen to like trilogies and multiple part stories...everything with an extended/diverging storyline...

15 months! - I guess I am the only lucky one who doesn't have to re-read the story...but it is worth the re-reading, so... [face_love]

Han is starting to get jealous - ha ha ha...I kinda wondered when the bickering/love-sickness would start...it's always the same with these two, after all... :D

So, who will be the one to blow up the Death Star???...Luke is not around...and all these Tatooine boys are looking for some action, it seems...

Great thing that you are updating again! =D=

23. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    geno - Welcome! :)

Well things are about to get really exciting for Rebels and the Empire.

--Indeed they are. ;)

Glad to see you updated and I look foward to more updates, keep up the good work

--Thanks! The next few updates should come fairly close together.

DarthVaderette - Hooray! Please keep me on your PM list.

--Will do! :D

I'm going to go back and re-read the story, and am looking forward to further updates!

--I had to go back and re-read some of it myself as I was working on the post. :p The next update should be coming very soon.

The-Solo-Smirk - Your sig - you know, the word "chronicles" has this strong pull on me, for I happen to like trilogies and multiple part stories...everything with an extended/diverging storyline...

--[face_laugh] I know what you mean! I really love epic stories, so I am also always on the lookout for a good long multipart story. ;)

15 months! - I guess I am the only lucky one who doesn't have to re-read the story...but it is worth the re-reading, so...

--I'm glad you feel that way! The next update will be fairly soon.

Han is starting to get jealous - ha ha ha...I kinda wondered when the bickering/love-sickness would start...it's always the same with these two, after all...

--I have to put some hints in there, even if there's no real romance yet. :p

So, who will be the one to blow up the Death Star???...Luke is not around...and all these Tatooine boys are looking for some action, it seems...

--Hmm... we shall see! [face_batting]

Great thing that you are updating again!

--Now if I can just keep this up! :p

Okay, I think I'm going to update this on Wednesday with the last segment of this chapter. If for some reason I don't post, feel free to send me a message reminding me to be a better author. After which I will promptly post the update. ;)

24. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    As promised, the (short) concluduing portion of Chapter 18. Enjoy! :)

Chapter Eighteen cont.

Aari was loading her reward onto a cart when she saw Leia coming toward her. ?Hey,? she called out, leaning against the cart. ?So, are you coming with us??

Leia shook her head, never really meeting her eyes. ?No, I?m going to stick around. See what happens with this battle.?

Aari glanced over at the Rebel pilots who were preparing for launch. She thought she saw Cal in the distance. ?The odds are definitely in the Empire?s favor.?

Leia nodded. ?I know that, but I need to stay for this. I can feel it.?

?Yeah, I?ll bet you do. Crazy Jedi powers.? She knew Leia would object to that label, so she held up a stopping hand before the other woman could say anything. ?It?s been interesting, Princess. Be safe.?

?I?ll try.? Leia extended her hand and smiled. ?I?m glad to have met you, Aari.?

?Me too.? She shook Leia?s hand and then watched her stroll over to where Han and Chewie were loading their portion of the money. Aari propped her elbows on the cart handle and studied the princess and the smuggler.

?I see you got your reward,? Leia said quietly.

Han spared her a short glance. ?That?s right. Finally.?

?You?re not even concerned about what happens to the others? You know the odds they?re facing.?

Han lifted a case from the stack and placed it on the cart. ?Why don?t you come with us? That lightsaber is pretty handy in a tight spot.?

?They could use another pilot. Another good ship.?

Han quirked one eyebrow. ?Now she?s a good ship, huh?? He looked over in Aari?s direction for a moment before turning back to Leia. Aari tried to disguise the fact that she was eavesdropping by whistling as she fiddled with her cart.

Leia shook her head. ?You?re really going to leave??

Han picked up another case and loaded it onto the cart. ?What good?s a reward if you ain?t around to use it? Besides, this attack is pure suicide.?

?Of course you?d say that,? Leia replied evenly, though Aari suspected she was hurt deep down. ?A mercenary like you wouldn?t understand the kind of courage their actions require.?

?If you say so, Princess.?

Leia seemed to study his face intently. Then she let out a sigh. ?I guess this is where we part ways. Take care of yourself, Han.? She nodded politely and turned to walk away.

?Hey, Leia.?

Leia stopped and looked back at him. There was something painfully childlike about her face in that moment.

Han attempted to smile. ?May the Force be with you.?

The princess nodded again and walked away.

Aari watched Leia disappear among the mass of pilots and technicians. She recognized the emotion that was gnawing at her heart; it felt like shame. To her left, Chewie rumbled something that Aari sensed was disapproval.

Han glanced over his shoulder and scowled. ?What are you looking at? I know what I?m doing.? He punctuated that statement by laying the next case none too gently on the cart. ?I?m not the crazy one here,? he muttered under his breath.

Aari looked down at the cases of credits. ?I wonder if we?ll ever see her again.?

Han grunted. ?I wouldn?t count on it, kid.?

They finished loading in silence as the Rebel fighters began climbing into their cockpits.

Javan stood silently before the war room?s upright display screen. Several small points of light were steadily approaching a much larger one; he tried to imagine being in the cockpit of one of those ships, watching the Death Star fill the canopy. He should have been out there with them. He would have been, but according to Commander Willard, the only remaining ships were still damaged from a recent firefight. He hadn?t exactly given the Alliance an advance warning about the upcoming battle. It was a miracle that so many fighters were in good enough condition to fly now.

Javan turned and glanced over at the room?s central display. Vic was watching the two-dimensional image, rubbing absently at his sling. Leia?s protocol droid stood next to him, and on the other s

25. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well the battle to save and/or destory the Death Star is begining.

Wonder if Han will have a change heart and return to help the Rebels