main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends The Dark Fire Chronicles (AU OT - Luke, Leia, Vader, Han, Mara, OCs and more)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ViariSkywalker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Great ending to Part 1. Anxiously awaiting Part II. Please PM me with updates for Part II too.

2. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Nice epilogue for this first part. I look forward to the second!

3. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Awww... it's ended. But it's also begining. :D Look forward to Leia gallavanting around the galaxy... :cool:

CJM

4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Bri - You have earned it. ;) Thanks for everything, chica! [:D]

geno - Well seems I was right in regards to Han. Though I wonder if there is more this Aari then meets the eye but I guess that will be explored in the future.

--Han really is just a good guy at heart. As for Aari, you're right, we'll be seeing more of her in the future!

Interesting that Luke as left but hasn't decided which side he wants to be on but is looking for answer's.

--It will definitely be interesting to see how his journey changes him. [face_thinking]

Sidious visions of the future that he saw is the Force showing him what he wants to see to hide the fact its working towards a different outcome

--Hmm... or is it? Maybe Sidious really is going to triumph afterall... [face_devil]

The-Solo-Smirk - I am not one for goodbyes... so the final chapter of Part 1 made me sad somehow...everybody is splitting up, trying to find their luck...puh!

--But at least you won't have to say goodbye forever! Because there's always Part 2!

As a not-so-old swooner, I am glad, though, that Leia can't refuse a free ride - this oughta be fun!

--Agreed. Should be interesting. ;)

But... ...why is Luke leaving Mara behind?!? I resent that!

-- *hands tissues* It's the angst - I'm an addict. :p

WOW! I am quite speechless right now - what a surprise...Palpy's evil cloning tricks again...

--[face_mischief] Or something like that...

And Mara has a "partner" now...mmh...I don't know if I like this development! But I guess that Palpy doesn't trust her anymore because of the closeness to Luke...

--I don't want to give anything away, but it'll will be interesting to see how Luke reacts to this new partnership - if he ever returns, that is. [face_devil]

Extra points for the lengthy conclusion...you really did a fine job in wrapping up the first part, so that everyone is ready for part 2 and new adventures to come!

--I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to continuing the story in the next part. :)

DarthVaderette - Great ending to Part 1. Anxiously awaiting Part II. Please PM me with updates for Part II too.

--Thanks for reading! I will definitely keep you on the update list! :D

Darth_Kripp - Nice epilogue for this first part. I look forward to the second!

--I?m glad you liked it, and I look forward to seeing you around for Part 2! :)

canadianjedimama ? Awww... it's ended. But it's also begining. Look forward to Leia gallavanting around the galaxy...

--I?m looking forward to Leia?s adventures myself! Glad you enjoyed the ending/beginning! :D

5. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    All righty folks, here we go with Part Two! Now, many of you probably already realize I don?t have the best track record when it comes to updating consistently. I?m currently working on three different fanfic projects, and I have no way of knowing which one will grapple for my attention on any given day. :p That being said, I will try to update this story at least once a month or so. (If you?re looking for a story that will be updated a bit more regularly, see my sig ;))

This story has been a big part of my online life for such a long time, and I am dedicated to seeing it through to the end. For those of you just joining us, I hope you enjoy; for those of you who have been with me for a while, I?m very excited to introduce you to the next chapter in this little tale. :D

[b]The Dark Fire Chronicles[/b]
    Part Two: Night Must Fall

Prologue

[i]He should have crawled from the pit.

Instead he walked away from it, battered and bruised, weeping and cursing the universe. He cursed the Force, too ? the same Force that had whispered to him, telling him not to jump, to stay where he was. He remembered how badly he had wanted to ignore that warning, but in the end he obeyed.

He should have fallen to the flames. Instead, he watched his brother die.[/i]

[i]3 ABY[/i]

Pooja Mirana stood at the end of a long hallway in the Theed Palace, staring up at the portrait of a young, dark-haired woman who had once been Queen of Naboo. In the painting she wore the concealing white face paint that was typical of Naboo?s monarchs, as well as a red dot on each cheek and the Scar of Remembrance on her lower lip. Elected at the age of twelve, Queen Apailana had died at only fourteen during an attack by rebel clones, though it was whispered now and then that she was actually killed for harboring fugitive Jedi Knights. Pooja was only eight years old at the time, but she vividly remembered the shock and sadness that had overtaken the populace. Two queens dead within one year of each other. It had only taken two decades to shatter the generations of peace on Naboo.

The guards at the other end of the corridor opened the throne room doors and stepped aside so that she could enter. Pooja looked up at Apailana?s portrait for a few more seconds before entering the throne room.

A woman stood at the tall windows, her head bent slightly as she stared out at the streets. She wore a black shimmersilk gown with very few decorations and a headdress of short black feathers that stood in contrast to her blonde hair.

?You wished to see me, Your Highness??

The woman turned away from the window, revealing a face painted bone-white. The makeup that had been applied to her cheeks and lips was a much darker red than past queens had worn, but Pooja found it very appropriate for the day.

?Yes, Senator Mirana, please come in.?

?Not a senator anymore, my lady. Not for some time.?

Queen Kylantha placed a black-gloved hand on the windowsill and glanced out at the crowd gathering on either side of the main boulevard. ?Twenty-two years. It seems like a lifetime ago.?

Pooja shifted uncomfortably. ?For us it was. We were both so young.?

?I remember that day clearly. The whole planet seemed to stand still.? Kylantha stepped away from the window, the hem of her gown brushing lightly across the marble floor. ?You must be tired of hearing people talk about it.?

Pooja shrugged and offered the queen a small smile. ?Not really. Every year it gets harder to remember her. It helps to hear everyone?s memories, what they loved about her. In some ways it keeps her alive.?

The queen gestured for Pooja to follow her. Together they left the chamber and walked down the corridor which Pooja had come from only moments before.

?Pooja??

The former senator turned her head to meet the queen?s gaze, but the other woman was staring straight ahead, her eyes locked on the open archway at the end of the hall. Something in Kylantha?s voice made Pooja glance back at the two black-robed handmaid

6. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    AUGH! :eek: You sneak. :p *snags first spot*

I'll have to brb with teh reply, but it's MINE dammit.

:D

I suppose it would be a exercise in futility in asking if you plan to portray Kylantha as supporting the Empire (for the most part) or having sympathetic leanings towards the Rebellion. Have you actually played the Galaxies game? I don't know a thing about her or the game itself, personally. That's not really a factor in such an AU story. I'm just throwing it out there. :p

Interesting that Vader is descending upon Naboo, though you were very careful never to mention specifically that it was Amidala they were mourning/remembering. You're such a sneak. :p

Glad to see this up and running!

7. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well things are going to be real interesting for Pooja after the memorial gathering, not to mention at the memorial gathering itself.

The bigger question on Pooja's mind is what does Vader want to see her about.

Glad to see you update this, look forward to more updates and keep up the good work

8. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Bri - Chica! [:D]

AUGH! You sneak.

--;) [face_mischief]

I suppose it would be a exercise in futility in asking if you plan to portray Kylantha as supporting the Empire (for the most part) or having sympathetic leanings towards the Rebellion. Have you actually played the Galaxies game? I don't know a thing about her or the game itself, personally. That's not really a factor in such an AU story. I'm just throwing it out there.

--I haven't played the Galaxies game, so everything I know about Kylantha bascially comes from Wook. :p Actually, my first introduction to her was in AQ's Rebel Choice, and at the time, I thought she was an OC. :p She does seem like the type of person who would publicly support the Empire while turning a blind eye to any rebellious activity her people might be involved in. [face_mischief]

Interesting that Vader is descending upon Naboo, though you were very careful never to mention specifically that it was Amidala they were mourning/remembering. You're such a sneak.

--I actually wondered whether I was being too obscure in that reference. For once I wasn't trying to be sneaky! :eek: :p (I guess I'm just hardwired that way [face_devil])

It means so much to me that you're still hanging around here. [face_love] I will try to get the rest of this story finished a little faster than I did the first part. [face_blush]

geno - Well things are going to be real interesting for Pooja after the memorial gathering, not to mention at the memorial gathering itself.

--Oh, definitely. [face_mischief]

The bigger question on Pooja's mind is what does Vader want to see her about.

--What indeed. [face_thinking]

Glad to see you update this, look forward to more updates and keep up the good work

--Thanks! :) I hope to have an update sometime in the near future. :p

9. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Most interesting. I look forward to seeing Vader interacting with his niece.

10. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Darth_Kripp - Most interesting. I look forward to seeing Vader interacting with his niece.

--Thanks! :D I am looking forward to that chapter as well. [face_mischief]

11. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Chapter One: Bliss and Mourning

On the eve of his only daughter?s wedding, Count Edelar of Kurin hosted a celebration fit for an empress. It was the fourth night of festivities in anticipation of the blessed event, and the count had spared no expense. The guest list was made up of the most important families on Kurin, several neighboring diplomats, and a number of mid-level and high-ranking Imperial officials. Count Edelar was told that of the three moffs invited, two had been able to attend.

The guests weren?t the only special part of the evening. Edelar had managed to reserve the planet?s most revered opera house for the night?s entertainment ? to his daughter?s great delight. After the performance at the opera, the party had moved to the home of Edelar?s uncle. It was a large estate set amidst rolling meadows and within walking distance of the grandest waterfall in the district. Strand after strand of twinkling blue and white lights decorated the mansion and the open-air pavilion which served as the center of the celebration. Edelar and his family had received no end of compliments over the arrangements.

All in all, the party was a spectacular success.

Edelar mingled with his guests, making his way toward his daughter and her fiancé. Resplendent in a voluminous, sky blue gown, his dear Taviana was all smiles as she waved her father over.

?Oh, Papa, you simply must meet our new friends!?

Edelar looked past his daughter at Rorim, her husband-to-be. Rorim was conversing with a striking couple that the count did not immediately recognize. Strange, considering how diligently he had studied the guest list and accompanying holos. Both the man and his wife had red hair, the man?s a few shades darker than the woman?s. Here on Kurin, where the majority of the population had dark hair and eyes, red hair was considered good luck. Edelar wasn?t sure how that old superstition had developed, but there were many people who would consider it fortuitous that Taviana had become friends with two redheads the day before her wedding.

Taviana pulled Edelar toward their guests. ?Papa, may I introduce Captain Laradis and his wife, Anélie.?

The red-haired captain and his wife turned their heads in unison, and they graced Edelar with polite smiles. Laradis bowed at the waist. ?It?s an honor, Your Grace.? He had a rough edge to his voice that reminded Edelar of the accents one might encounter on the fringes of civilized space. Despite that quirk, his manner was very sophisticated. ?And may I just say,? the captain continued, ?you could not have picked a more beautiful location for the party.?

Edelar glanced sideways at Taviana and smiled warmly. ?It was actually my daughter?s idea, but I thank you. It did turn out quite lovely.?

The captain?s wife ? a short, slender woman in a lavish, violet evening gown ? placed a hand on her husband?s forearm. ?We?re so happy that you thought to invite us, Count.? Unlike her husband, she had a soft, graceful tone that suggested she?d been born and raised among the elite. She turned to Laradis. ?Darling, it is getting late. We really should be going.?

Laradis nodded and smiled at Edelar. ?I don?t know where I?d be without my Anélie to guide me.? The captain turned to Taviana and Rorim. ?It was a pleasure meeting you both. We?ll see you at the ceremony tomorrow.?

Taviana reached out and clasped Anélie?s hands in hers. ?Thank you so much for coming!?

The captain?s wife curtsied. ?My lady.?

Together, Laradis and Anélie excused themselves and disappeared into the crowd of dancing guests.

Rorim, who had been silent throughout the exchange, wrapped an arm around Taviana and leaned toward Edelar. ?A charming couple. How do you know them, Count??

The count shook his head. ?I don?t. They must be some of my uncle?s Imperial connections.? He shrugged and smiled. ?Well, I?m off to mingle some more. Enjoy the rest of the party, children.?

Count Edelar and his family and friends spent the next ten minutes convinced that it was the best party they?d ever

12. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well things are going to get real interesting it would seem. Luke is on the home planet of his mother, his sister is missing and his father is trying to locate the rebels and of course her as well.

Glad to see this updated again, look forward to more and keep up the good work

13. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Horrendously late... [face_blush] Sorry.

Great updates. Can't wait for more.

CJm

14. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    geno - Well things are going to get real interesting it would seem. Luke is on the home planet of his mother, his sister is missing and his father is trying to locate the rebels and of course her as well.

--It will definitely be interesting to see what everyone has been up to for the last three years. ;)

Glad to see this updated again, look forward to more and keep up the good work

--Thanks! Glad you liked it! :)

canadianjedimama - Horrendously late... Sorry.

--No worries. :) Lord knows I've taken an awfully long time to update. :p

Great updates. Can't wait for more.

--Thank you! :D

15. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Bumping to keep from being locked. As always, the updates are slow to be posted, but I'm still working on this story! :)

16. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Bumping once again to prevent from being locked. I have a better excuse this time for not being around much, I promise. Last week I gave birth to my first child, a beautiful little boy. :D I haven't done much with fanfic over the last nine months, and I'm sure that's not going to change very soon, but I really am still working on this, even if it's mostly in my mind. So I just wanted to stop by and let you all know what's up. See you at the next update! [:D]

17. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well congrats on having the baby. I look forward to the next update whenever you get to it

18. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Thank you! I really hope it isn't another year before I update. I'm having to revisit some elements of the plot because a couple of characters decided they didn't want to do what I told them. So it could still be a while before I have everything figured out enough to post, but I am working on it. Promise. :)

19. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Posting to keep from being locked. :)

Still slowly working out the aforementioned plot issues. A crawling eight-month-old makes it a challenge, but I'll get there! ;)