main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Dark Horse Omnibus collection of Marvel content vs the $100 Marvel Original content collections

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoromirsFan, Aug 4, 2016.

1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Dark Horse republished 5 Marvel Star Wars Omnibuses and other Marvel Stuff in Wild Space volume 1 I believe.

In 2015 Marvel got the license back and first thing they published 3 giant hardcover omnibuses with the original content from the 70's that they did too.

My question is...to anyone that has them, which collection has more content? Or are they ultimately identical? Is there anything the new marvel hardcovers have that the dark horse ones doesnt

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I'm not sure about content, but they are larger in size, and printed on nicer paper stock.

FYI, the content of those OHCs are about to be made available in paperback Epic Collection volumes (also larger and on better paper than the DH omnibus).

3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010

I already own all the Dark Horse omnibuses....but at Barnes and nobles I noticed these $125 hardcovers were on clearance for $30 each! So I could not resist such a steal.

Unfortunately Volume 3 is backordered... so either they will order more of Volume 3 or I shall never get it delivered