main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*The Dark Jedi, Asajj Ventress* (Clone Wars spoilers imminent)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Pooja, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I think the Jedi with the two blue bladed sabres is Mace's ld master. The one that taught him his unique vaapad sabre fighting style

On a sde not it seems that Tyranus has trained a small dark Jedi Order in the ten years he's bee missing from the Jedi Order. It seems that these dark Jedi act as Generals fpr the confederacy army. I wonder ifVentres replaces Sev Rance Taan as the primary Gneral of theConfederacy.

2. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

Baring in mind my EU knowledge stops with DarkSaber, but surely this could be a case of simply that both Dark Horse and Cartoon Network have both drawn on the same Ian McCraig preproduction for their characters?

It would suggest that either Lucasfilm Licensing got careless or just simply don't care that the design has been used before. Or perhaps since the comics are some sort of parallel offshoot to them, they doubt the need to keep strong continuity?

UKS

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I think the Jedi with the two blue bladed sabres is Mace's ld master. The one that taught him his unique vaapad sabre fighting style<<

Actually, I think it is Sora Bulq- the Weequay Jedi. That picture is from SW Jedi: Mace Windu, where Mace goes after Jedi dissidents, of which Sora is one and apparently Ventress factors into it.

>>Baring in mind my EU knowledge stops with DarkSaber, but surely this could be a case of simply that both Dark Horse and Cartoon Network have both drawn on the same Ian McCraig preproduction for their characters?<<

In the article on TOS, the cartoon guy says she the character and backstory was created by Darkhorse, and they took it from there.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    From her appearance in the Mace Windu comic, some interesting details- Ventress's master apparently died and she considers Mcae to be among those chiefly responsible for abandoning him.

She flies a Geonosian-designed craft ala the solar sailor (though without the sails) and her two lightsabers can be connected together to form a double bladed lightsaber with an interesting S-shaped hilt.

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Awesome. Thanks for the info.

6. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Mace upon meeting Ventress:

Indeed. Why is that I wonder? You are a stranger to me. You are skilled. Although-- how you came to beskilled I don't know. There is Darkness in you but you are not Sith. Do not presume however that we are equals. We are not."

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Wait-- did that just give something away about Mace? He tells her that she isn't a Sith, and that there is darkness in her-- but that doesn't necessarily mean they are equals? Is Mace saying he has darkness in him?

Or maybe I just read that totally wrong.

8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Nah, you're reading it wrong. Asajj Ventress was presuming herself to be an equal for Master Windu in lightsaber skills. His next line was to the effect of "I'd rather not kill you, but if you make me..."

Also, Sora Bulq was the Weequay Jedi that fought at Geonosis. He & Windu developed Vaapad together.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, he was referring to his saber skills- he goes on to mention that her skills and her weapon would not be enough to defeat him. She realizes this and retreats.

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Ah okay. Thanks for clearing my clouded stupidity. :)

11. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Do not presume however that we are equals. We are not

Mace is cool :cool:

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    BIG ditto on that, SLAVE2. I would bet he and Ventress will get into a pretty good fight before this is all over.

13. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I just got Jedi-Mace Windu and Asajj was everything I was hoping for! Not as dark as Maul and not as brooding as Sing. She's got the right balance of both IMHO. I can't wait to see her in action in the cartoon and get her action figure. Wonder if she will meet Aurra Sing in the comics?

2ndQuest, I loved the idea of her double lightsaber! If she appears in EpIII, I hope Talisa Soto finishes up Mortal Kombat and portrays Asajj. :D

14. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    How much did the comic cost?
    And how many pages is it, if you don't mind my asking?

15. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Actually Sora Bulq is more Mace's equal, Asajj Ventress is a master of Form II and can fight with two curved Lightsabers or a connected S-shaped double bladed lightsaber but as you can see from reading the comic you can see that mace windu is easily able to push her back and is about to finish her off but she jumps away and flees, clearly she is the weaker fighter,better than all the jedi knights there but no match for mace.

Sora Bulq on the other hand is almost maces equal and more than holds his own against him,his Dark Side power only makes him more deadly with Form VII,the reason that Dark Jedi and Sith are so effective in combat is because they give in to their anger and hate and dont hold back,jedi hold back except on rare occasions.

Maces style enables them to fight dirty and come dangerously close to the dark side but only high level masters of multiple forms are intrusted with Form VII because the jedi belive that only the most disciplined masters can control themselves enough to use it without being corrupted.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jedi: Mace Windu is $4.99 and 48 pages long.

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Thanks, 2ndQuest :)

18. Zip_Chickenhead

Zip_Chickenhead Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    Maybe I should've started a new discussion ring for this subject but I'm new and not sure if I'm allowed...Well here is the question: Sith or not a Sith? Ventress is according to the comic not a Sith but isn't she sort of leading that way or training to be? She does refer to Dooku as "Master" but that could be a sign of respect like how other Jedi are refered to as Master Jedi by non-force users. But what if he is now training her to be a Sith? She has red lightsabers and they connect as one, and only one other force wielder used one of those and he was a Sith. I understand the rule of "only two" but don't you think Sidious would look past this if it allows him to meet his goals? Who does he have to answer to other than himself? Besides he was going to do so with Luke in RoTJ. Of course Vader and the Emp were secretly planning on replacing the other with Luke but that wasn't the original plan they conceived. Anyway and what is the connection between Ventress, Aurroa Sing and Dooku's most recent padawan that was killed? All bald, all connected to the darkside in some way. Clones of each other perhaps? Anyway correct me on any of this, I like the chacter and how things are shaping up in the Clone Wars. Hopefully Ventress will be around for Ep.III.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    can't be clones.

Aurra has longer fingers and she it not totaly bald

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Dooku has apparently only instructed her in fighting combat and manipulation of the Force/darkside, but not in the ways of the Sith. Thus, he is her master as far as instruction in those fields go, but she is not a Sith apprentice.

>>Anyway and what is the connection between Ventress, Aurroa Sing and Dooku's most recent padawan that was killed?<<

The only connection is they have interacted with Dooku.

Aurra Sing was a failed Jedi Padawan who went dark and became a bounty hunter with a Jedi-hunting hobby. She was hired by Dooku to bring Boba Fett back to him after Geonosis, taking Slave 1 as her payment. She is not entirely bald.

Komari Vosa was a Padawan of Dooku's back when he was still a Jedi. She was captured by the Bando Gora cult, which twisted her mind. She evntually reappeared as the leader of that cult. Dooku placed a bounty on her head to both eliminate the possible threat the Bando Gora posed to Sidious's plans and help determine who the prime clone template would be. Dooku and Fett killed her. While she sports a funky haircut, she was not bald.

Asajj Ventress was apparently never trained by the Jedi, and was taken under Dooku's wing, probably as one of his top dark acolyte minions.

21. Zip_Chickenhead

Zip_Chickenhead Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    Thanks 2ndQuest. I never have actually seen a picture or read an accurate description of Komari Vosa so I'm only going by something I read in a previous post on her resembalence to Asajj Ventress. Where did this story of Komari Vosa come from? Was it in one of the Boba Fett books? And if Dooku has basically been Sidious' apprentice for ten years or more than Vosa couldn't have been Dooku's padawan for maybe 12 years or so (give or take a year), correct? As for Ventress Dooku mentions that she had a master, Ky Narec that was abandoned by Windu. Who was Narec? If not a Jedi or a Sith than what or who was he? Thanks again for your answers!

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Where did this story of Komari Vosa come from?<<

It's told in the video game, Bounty Hunter, which is set just after TPM. Vosa also made a brief cameo during a flashback in the related comic "Open Seasons", where you see her as a Padawan at Dooku's side about 10 years before TPM.

As a sidenote, one other similarity between Vosa and Ventress is that they both use dual curved-handle lightsabers, though Vosa's did not connect together like Ventress's.

Komari Vosa Databank Entry

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Oh, yeah, she was the "mouthy one," or whatever the Mandalorian leader called her. Hunh. Makes good sense now, in context...

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Here's a silly question for everyone. How do you pronounce her first name?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I pronounce it "Ah-sahge" (rhymes with massage)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.