*The Dark Jedi, Asajj Ventress* (Clone Wars spoilers imminent)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Pooja, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    That's how I pronounce it as well.
  2. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe I should've started a new discussion ring for this subject but I'm new and not sure if I'm allowed...Well here is the question: Sith or not a Sith?

Definitely not a Sith. To train Ventress as a Sith would give away an advantage that Tyranus and Sideous hold over the dark Jedi. That's the point of the Rule of two. If Tyranus was allowed to train the dark Jedi as Sith, he'd be risking a coup. The fact that the Sith have a deeper understanding of the Dark Side keep the dark Jedi from openly challenging Tyranus. Of course if they could cooperate long enough to gang up on him...but I don't see that happening. I think they'd have better luck trying to take Tyranus down covertly. Of course, dark siders aren't the only beings prone to have cravings for power. Now I'm just rambling...

But yeah, training the dark Jedi asSith would give away ana advantage.

Just to explain what the differance between a Sith and your average dark sider is, here's an excerpt from the Tales of the Jedi companion published in 1996:

Here's a little something from the Tales of the Jedi Companion published in 1996:

So,the question still stands: What is the relation between the Sith and the Dark Side?

The Sith developed and perfected the techniques of calling on the dark side, enabling them to create more and more complex powers, once thought well beyond the grasp of mere sentients. The Sith simultaneously feed on and empower the Dark Side in a symbiotic relationship whose ties can never be severed.

The difference between a dark Jedi and a Sith being that the Sith is an ancient religion that has existed for thousands of years. For thousands of yeas there has been a dark side religion devoted to unlocking all the mysteries and powers o the dak side. Think of how much knowledge a member of the Sith Order must hae acces to? Volumes of stored tachings ofthe dark side. Whereas, a dark Jedi being a fallen Jedi or a twisted image of a Jedi that serves the Sith is a minion would have no access to that knowledge. If instructed by a Sith, he or she would only be taught enough. They would be taught none of the secrests of the Sith.

If it's a fallen Jedi than he or she has just started to explore the mysteries of the Dark Side. Once again , the individual would lack the accumulated knowledge of thousands of ears of study that theSith possess.

That, in the end,is what makes the Sith the ultimate Dark Side villains. Why they are the greatest threat to the galaxy.
  3. Zip_Chickenhead Jedi Padawan

All interesting stuff guys. Thanks to all especially 2ndQuest and Matthew! I'll have to look this stuff up. I've just been following the novels.
  4. QuiGonTim Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a question. Is it possible that Asajj and sy more ( Palpys aid), are the same person?
    I appologise if I just blew the lid off Ep3.
  5. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    EU wise, no they are two very diffrent people. Since the series is all prety much based on EU I would again say no.
  6. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Asajj is supposed to be a young woman according to the comics even though she is based on the Dark Jedi/Sith in the Art Books. Yeah, but she looks older in the CW cartoon.

SW Republic #53 was pretty nice. Brian Ching art. Lots of Asajj and Durge action. More new Jedi.
  7. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  8. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I also enjoyed that comic, I was dissapointed when the "elf" Jedi girl died though, I though she was awesome. Just wondering... does anyone know what the "elf" species in SW is called, I knew a while ago, but I forgot. So if someone could refresh my memory that would be great.

Forcebewitya!
  9. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    Asajj Ventress is only good because she has been fighting regular Jedi Knights that arent trained for aggressive combat like she was,have her fight Plo Koon or Quinlan Vos or Mace Windu again and she would quickly get killed unless she was smart enough to escape,Durge would also die quickly if mace was fighting him i think.
  10. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    all I can say about Durge is that guys a Beast! I dont know how they are going to kill him he seems invincible to me. I also agree with the thought about Assajj fighting "weak" Jedis, although the last batch including the Bothan, hooded guy, and elf girl seemed to be a worthy match, they were all revered highly by the Jedi council. I also do notice that whenever Assajj fights Mace or other "powerful" Jedis she seems to flee the melee quick, fast, and in a hurry :) it will be interesting to see how she fares in the upcoming battles.

Forcebewitya!
  11. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I really dislike how they made Assajj look in the figure. Look at her nose!!!!!!!! its WAY to big. it makes her character look a lot different than she looks in the comics. Other than that the figure looks superb! I am though sadly dissapointed with that small aspect of it.

Forcebewitya!
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    [image=http://theforce.net/episode3/newspics/bai_ling02.jpg]

Hmm..I wonder...
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Did the rebelscum picture get pulled, cause I can't see anything... :(

15. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. jedihobo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay...she left the order. That means she's not a dark jedi, she's just someone who was trained as a jedi, and now uses the dark side as well. This makes her simply a Drak Side force user. If I'm a cop, and I quit to become a thief, I'm not a thieving cop, I'm just a thief. I just think being a "dark jedi" is an oxy moron. When you start to use the dark side, you cease to be a jedi.
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    It's more of a common-phrase term than an actual definition of alliegience.

The most common term for a force user is Jedi, regardless if that individual has actually completed Jedi training (Luke is called a Jedi by Palpatine a couple times before he is ever "knighted", for example). Throw the phrase "dark" in front of it and you get the meaning of a dark side force user, in half the words, thus making it a convienient phrase.

It's not meant to be a strict definition, it's just a term, but to use your cop example, Dark Jedi is sort of along the lines of a "dirty cop" in terms of phrase structure, though thats not a perfect analogy, you get the basic idea.
  18. jedihobo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've had a long going argument with a friend of mine about this. This will help calm both sides.
  19. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    And it's supported by the films themselves, going by Qui-Gon Jinn's dialogue in The Phantom Menace:

"...[It was] well-trained in the Jedi arts..."
    This seems to indicate that, no matter what the actual disposition of the Force-user in question happens to be -- good, evil, or indifferent -- they are considered to possess "Jedi" training and "Jedi" powers, whether they were actually trained by Jedi, or not.
  20. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cant wait for her and the whole clone wars cartoons
  21. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't think rebelscum.com wants me to hotlink it here but they have a new photo of Assaj in the Hasbro CW display

Also a cool cel image from the CW cartoon display
  22. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    The OS and Hasbro has all the images.

correction: those aren't cels but panels from the comic adaptation :p
  23. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You can post pics from Rebelscum here.
  24. MOSEP Jedi Knight

star 2
    "...whether or not there were actually such a thing as Dark Jedi!"

Dark, fallen, or whatever you wanna call it,
    if Jedis cannot fall to the dark side,
    what´s the problem? Why did the council refused to train Anakin for example?
    And how did the Sith order began?
    Weren´t they Jedi from the beginning?
  25. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/acatalog/B9096.jpg]

One of the few Clone Wars figures I'll be picking up...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.