main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*The Dark Jedi, Asajj Ventress* (Clone Wars spoilers imminent)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Pooja, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [edited]

YJ edit: Episode 3 spoilers aren't allowed in this forum, aside from this thread

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Dark, fallen, or whatever you wanna call it, if Jedis cannot fall to the dark side

Who said they couldn't?

What´s the problem? Why did the council refused to train Anakin for example?[/i]

He was too old. He was set in his ways and was emotionally set. Easy for him to fall. Which is what happened.

And how did the Sith order began?
    Weren´t they Jedi from the beginning?

The Sith Order was begun by a rogue Jedi who thought the dark side of the Force was more powerful than the light side.

3. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    MOSEP - just thought i'd go into a little more detail for you on the Sith origins

the current Sith Order (with the 'Two' rule) is a splinter group from the Sith Order mentioned above founded by a rogue Jedi, but considering that they are the only surviving faction from that Order, i guess it's cool to call them that. The founder of their splinter Darth Bane had a problem with his fellow Sith and abandoned them at the Battle of Ruusan (turned out all right for him though, cause they all died at Ruusan)

That Sith order styled itself on the ancient Sith Order from thousands of years before the movies. If you've read Jedi Academy trilogy, Exar Kun was a member of that order. Exar Kun and his brief accomplice Ulic Quel-Droma (seen recently in the Clone Wars videogame) were Jedi Knights who fell to the Dark Side and were based out of Yavin 4. The huge temples used by the Rebel Alliance are ironically Sith temples that Kun built. Kun and his contemporaries gained their knowledge from spirits of dead Sith Lords and things that Kun found on Yavin. The reason why they had to rely on dead correspondents is because the Jedi fought (successfully obviously) a war against the ancient Sith Empire (after which all later Siths would be named). That empire was established in the wake of the original schism between Light and Dark Jedi, as the few surviving Darksiders managed to escape and enslaved the alien Sith race and eventually created a new society with them.

That was a bit longer than anticipated, but yes the Sith did technically begin within the Jedi ranks.

4. Blizzardman15

Blizzardman15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2002
    I went to cartoon network looking for the Clone Wars poster, but for some reason I couldn't find it. Does anyone know where else I could get a look at the poster?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Try the official SW site- they had the poster and interviews about the project back when it was announced.

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/07/img/cwposter_bg.jpg]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A bump as Asajj takes the stage...

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.