main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [The Dark Knight] I Know You - Two Gotham thugs have to report failure to the Joker

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by madman007, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I Know You

The Dark Knight fan fiction

Summary: Several months before the events of The Dark Knight, two thugs come back from a botched heist because of Batman. They now have to go back and explain their failure to their new Boss...The Joker.

Setting: Several months before the events of The Dark Knight.

Disclaimer:
    Characters and the city of Gotham owned by Bob Kane.

Manny took off his clown mask once he jumped into the van. He was breathless from running. He shut the van?s door while Roge drove away from the scene in sheer panic. They were both running from their fear. Running from the same fear that all of Gotham?s criminals now possessed. It sounded corny when the source of their fear was said aloud. A man dressed as a bat. Though, he wasn?t just dressed. He was a bat.

Manny took the passenger seat while holding on intermittently from the speed that Roge was taking the van. Manny plopped into the seat and tried to breathe normal for his weight.

Roge finally asked, ?Think we got away??

Manny glanced at the rearview mirror on his door and saw the empty wet streets of Gotham. No sign of him. ?Yeah, I think we escaped. Did you see what he did to Goodman? Sounded like he broke his neck from just one punch.?

?Yeah, and I know I got a shot off at him. The damned thing bounced off his chest like it was rubber.?

?That?s got to be Kevlar under there.?

?Yeah, but even with Kevlar the cops go down from the impact. He didn?t even fall backwards.? Roge paused as he took a few curves at a break neck speed. ?I?m almost afraid to ask, but did we get anything out of this??

Manny smiled and reached into his coat to produce a small felt bag. He shook it to show Roge. ?Payday!?

Roge glanced quick at the bag and winced. ?That?ll be enough to get us nothin?. Boss will be pretty pissed.?

The two men gulped nervously, not at the speed, but in the anticipation of telling their new boss about their failure.

Manny asked, ?Which one of us is gonna tell him??

Roge sniffed. ?For all we know, this new clown already knows. I don?t know how he thinks he can take over Falcone?s operation.?

?Isn?t Salvatore Maroni the next in line??

?Yep. We?re small time now, tubby.?

Manny shook off Roge?s usual insults at him and mentioned, ?Small time in Gotham can go a long way.?

?Not if this new bat man has anything to say about it.?

Manny shook his head. ?Nah, I don?t see it. Yeah, I know he cleaned our clocks, but how is one man gonna go up against an entire operation??

?All it takes is for one freak to scare us.?

?A freak? You mean like the Joker??

?Is that what we?re calling him??

?He does leave a calling card. Literally. That make up he wears...stuff of nightmares.?

Roge said, ?If ya ask me, this bat man and the Joker are two peas in the freak pod.?

Manny quickly took a hold of the side of the door to hold on from Roge?s frantic driving. Manny suggested, ?I think you can slow down now, Roge.?

?Don?t tell me what to do. I?m still in charge, fatty. Besides, what if he?s chasing us??

?Ain?t nothin? back there.?

?He could be flying over us.?

?You idiot. You?re goin? eighty. He can?t be that fast.?

Roge did slow up his speed as they started coming away from downtown and into the old industrial area. ?We?re almost there, anyway.? Roge made a deep sigh. ?God, I hope he?s in a good mood.?

?How can ya tell? He?s only in a good mood when he?s doing something evil. Remember what happened to Franco last week? All because he mouthed off at him.?

Roge didn?t reply as he slowed to turn off at a hidden drive that led down to the old docks. There was an abandoned shipping dock which the crew used as headquarters. It was dark and dank with a sense of alienation from the main areas of Gotham. Roge eased the van up to a two-story facility that once had been a foreman?s office. They exited the van and started up the old stairwell that creaked from old metal. The facility had been built on the edge of the water

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    You pretty much nailed it. Nice work.

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    As stated above, you have captured Ledger's Joker entirely.

I look forward to your updates.

-B-

4. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    That was really great. You got the characters right on. Very nice.

5. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Wow, you totally nailed The Joker's character, I so could see it in my head, excellent job!

Too bad there's not more! Well done! =D==D=

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "Oh, joy," he dead-panned. "We can all retire now. All this loot." He overemphasized the last T in the word.

That T bit - what a great little detail, and spot on. Loved the "dismount" as well, and the score. [face_laugh] This was just perfect.

7. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Irrefutably brilliant. I looooove your prtrayal of the Joker.

8. Rigil_Kent

Rigil_Kent Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2004
    I really don't have time these days to read fanfic - just finished week 1 on the fall college semester and I'm already swamped with homework - but this piqued my interest (due to my love of TDK)...

And you knocked it right out of the park. I could so hear Ledger's voice here. Well done!

9. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    I couldn't resist repeating the dialogue in my best Joker voice. It was excellent, very well written.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Very well written. Thank you. I enjoyed it. :)

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    That was BA. I loved it. Thank you. I was glued to the screen. Wow! What did we all do before Ledger's Joker came out? That was incredible.

12. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    We were entertained by Jack's Joker - a cartoon version of the character in the comics. Whereas Ledger's Joker has the realism of insanity that the comics showed and he portrayed perfectly.

Thanks to all who reviewed and said my Joker is akin to Ledger's. That is a high compliment! I'd like to think I know the character from the inside, but that would be all kinds of scary.

If I can find a good story involving the Clown Prince of Chaos, I will post!

13. Tabby

Tabby Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2008
    I don't have much to say except, wow, you nailed the Joker's character. It was brilliant. :D

Tab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.