main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [The Dark Knight Rises] The Hunted Legend Falls and Rises Triumphant (Dear Diary Challenge) [3/15]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Jan 3, 2012.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: The Dark Knight Rises: The Hunted Legend Falls and Rises Triumphant
    Genre: Angst, nostalgia, reflection, humor
    Timeframe: Before, During, and After the events of the next Batman movie; Christopher Nolan's, The Dark Knight Rises, set to be released July 20, 2012.
    Characters: Bruce Wayne/Batman, Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox, and various other Batman characters
    Disclaimer: I don't own Batman nor the characters. The stories and characters belong to Bob Kane, Frank Miller, Christopher Nolan and the other great authors who have given Batman a definitely more edgier outlook.

[b]Entry One: The Hunted Legend[/b] by Bruce Wayne

The night is black like the persona that I have assumed during the past eight years. As the Dark Knight, I have kept Gotham safe and now a time of peace is starting to finally emerge from the long and dark tunnel where no light had existed before.

I have maintained as much of a distance from Gotham as it has towards Batman during the preceding eight long years. I've never succumbed to the harassment or the chases that the Gotham City Police have constantly been waging on the Batman to answer for the crimes that I have committed.

I have become the hunted legend, the mysterious Dark Knight that still permeates in the thick dark nights of Gotham. The Joker's killing sprees that he committed eight years ago seem like a distant memory in the foreboding landscape. I've apprehended all of his henchmen and they are now residing in Arkham Asylum along with numerous other criminals and delinquents.

They say that a legend must fall before he rises triumphantly and I will do so as well. For Gotham deserves their White Knight to save them from the criminals and fugitives that still try to instill their various cataclysmic apparitions upon the citizens. I, meanwhile, continue to exist, in the background, but soon I will re-emerge in the foreground; this time permanently and forever the savior of Gotham; triumphant over the evil that tries to encapsulate the cities' landscape.

[hr]

[i]To Be Continued...[/i]

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, nice beginning. [face_hypnotized]

I love the way you write Bruce's voice, I can hear him narrating in my head. You have definitely hooked me, and I can't wait to see where you go from here. Count me along for the ride. =D=

~MJ @};-

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Bruce's tone! Looking forward to this diary :D

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    This was really good can't wait to read more.

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Mira_Jade: Thanks, Bruce has a unique voice where he's constantly battling his multiple personalities.

NYCitygurl: Thank you as well. Bruce's tone is definitely grim.

JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: Thank you very much. More coming up.

[b]Entry Two: Stark Contrast[/b] by Bruce Wayne

Living two vastly different and separate lives is not something that I planned on happening from the beginning. But, sometimes life deals its cards with a loud bang that I still can't clear from my head even after assuming the identity of Batman. I will never have a full resolution to watching my parents die in front of my own eyes; helpless, hopeless, and frigtened; and now I want those that I have to bring into justice to feel those same thoughts that I still have to this day.

I want to bring about a feeling of helplessness, hopelessness, and frightfulness to all of the crooks that I have to battle. I don't ever want them to think that they have the upper hand against me. I must use my wits, the technology available to me with my limitless resources, and some friends that I've made along the way to bring Gotham City back from the bleakness that still encapsulates the darkest regions of the city.

I want to fill those regions with my wrath, with my justice, with my retribution upon those that seek to take advantage of the weak. I must be their hero in times of desperation and contempt. I live a life in utter and total stark contrast to my 'day job'. For without my retribution, fear takes hold, and this I cannot and will not allow; now or forever.

[hr]

To Be Continued...

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor guy!!

7. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Really good and so deep.

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah, deep thoughts are deep. :(

You've done a great job portraying the angst and murky tone that always kind of surrounds Batman. Your Bruce voice is spot on. =D=

~MJ @};-

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    NYCitygurl: Yes, very sad thoughts indeed.

JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: Thank you and Bruce has some very deep thoughts for sure.

Mira_Jade: Bruce's angst and tone is what gives him his voice, even if it's a little rough on the edges.

[b]Entry Three: Death's Grip[/b] by Bruce Wayne

Death brings about the worst in all of us. From our pain, our fear, our sadness, our grief, our despair, our demons, our regrets, our mortality, and our morality. It drops a sudden sense of loss and utter failure upon your psyche' that it takes a very long time to ever return; and yet, I never have fully returned. I still see that day in my mind as vividly as I did when it occurred; I smell the same rotteness of the streets where my father and mother were shot and died in front of me.

I cannot ever shake it out of my consciousness; nor do I ever truly want to; for I need my pain and suffering to give me the hope that I can prevail over the darkness; over the criminal element that forever preys upon the weak. It is my constant battle; one in which I am truly fighting my demons both literally and physically. Every crook that I bring to justice restores a little bit of faith that I am doing my departed parents proud.

I have to believe that what I do does make a difference. It is the only thing that holds my sanity together. After facing The Joker, it has taken these eight long years just to clear his transgressions from my mind; but still a part of him resides within me; as if he was still taunting me. I don't know if I will ever forget; but then again, maybe I shouldn't try to; for both the bad and the good is what makes us up; it's what we do about the good within us that we can triumph over evil; not totally, for we are only human.

We have to hold on and do what is right for not only our sake, but that of our community as well. It's what compels us to live, to have purpose, to make a difference; and it's really my torch that I carry ahead of me every day. Doing what I can for the right causes; doing what I can because if I don't, then who will.

[hr]

To Be Continued...

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to believe that what I do does make a difference. It is the only thing that holds my sanity together.

And that's a hero's defining line if ever there was one. He has done such good for Gotham - both as a hero, and as a symbol to hate, and his doubts and deeper thoughts here are what make Bruce so incredibly human.

Again, great job with brooding-Bruce. :p =D=

~MJ @};-

11. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Loved it! Great job once again on getting the agony and pain of Bruce, but also the hopefulness, his aspirations to make a difference.

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Mira_Jade: Bruce's purpose to make a difference is what makes his life as Batman one where he is both conflicted and justified.

JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: Bruce's pain and agony are always going to be a part of him, so he makes the best with that by being Batman.

[b]Entry Four: Conflicted and Justified[/b] by Bruce Wayne

Life's conflictions are sometimes hard to justify but mine are what makes me become Batman. Not only for the city of Gotham, but for myself as well. I never will allow those conflictions to overcome my justifications, and soon I know that I will have to make some difficult but necessary choices. To make a difference matters to me; to become the justice that Gotham deserves is one of my main purposes; for life without purpose is no life at all.

And so, I now have to extend a hand to someone that I have driven away; not on purpose, but because of his principles which I totally understand. I have adjusted my itinery to see my friend; Lucius Fox who I wish to bring back to Wayne Industries for a much needed addition to my collection.

[hr]

To Be Continued...

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love Lucius with everything in me.[face_love] He always is such a good 'Jiminy Cricket', if you will. Something that I have always appreciated about the Batman mythos, is the people that Bruce surrounds himself with. Apart they are all flawed and conflicted, but they fill in each other's 'holes' so very well. [face_love]

=D=

~MJ @};-

14. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Very nice!

15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Mira_Jade: I like Lucius tremendously as well. He is forthright and a trusted friend to Bruce. :D

JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: Thanks. :)

[b]Entry Five: A Friend in Need[/b] by Lucius Fox

A friend is coming to meet me shortly. He once told me to type in my name to resign and that is what I did because I thought that he had gone to far to justify his means. In business, it is all about running a successful conglomeration and in making as much money as possible in doing so. But, in life, it's much harder to know how to judge a person unless they are truly criminal. Which the Joker was in all ways imaginable; I now see why Bruce did what he had to do at the time; and I've seen the result that it has had on him.

He probably at one time thought that he was invincible, but the Joker fractured a part of him mentally and physically at the same time. He made Batman do something crazy to catch his craziness and defeat him. The Joker knew all too well that the easiest way to beat someone is make them do things they would not normally do; in other words, make them just as crazy as he was.

It took a long time for Bruce to cleanse the Joker's craziness from his mental being; it's something that I now see that took a physical toll on him as he let himself go in the eight long years that it has taken for him to reconnect with me.

I have run other organizations far away from the perils of Gotham, but a friend is in need, and I've decided to return to Wayne Enterprises. It is not due to his business, it is due to him that I have returned. He needed my help and he is the only one that I would ever answer no matter the circumstances. I hope to find out exactly what his plans are; not only for Gotham, but for himself as well.

[hr]

To Be Continued...

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Again, I have so much love for Lucius here. Great update, and I look forward to more. =D=

~MJ @};-