main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Starting Tonight on HBO. - THE DARK KNIGHT: HBO FIRST LOOK.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&FOCUS_ID=671770

Can anyone DVR this this and burn me a DVD? I will be in your debt....

2. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Almost there.

So I guess... how many of us are going for the 8:30 show? I get off at 5 and will grab a bite and then... in line I will be.
    BTW, Hot Topic at the Mall has quite a few Joker shirts for girls and dude.:-B

3. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'll be there too. how much is hourly parking again at mission street garage? i don't want to be there too early. also are we gonna have our comic con meeting while we wait in line?

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Kevin,

If I remember correctly, the parking goes $3 for the first hour, $5 for 2-3 hours, $7 for 3-4 hours, etc.

As far as a meeting goes, yeah, some of us who are going to SDCC will be there anyway, so we can talk about it in line! So that will be an "informal" meeting then.

5. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    So, what time will you all be getting there?

6. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i plan to be there around 730ish. the movie is about 2.5 hours long right?

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll be there whenever the show before it lets in, so I can get in line first. :D

8. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    "NO, I kill the bus driver"

[image=http://a366.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_c0a6695df0cc5bcf0397c998d30d493d.jpg]

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    [image=http://a366.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_c0a6695df0cc5bcf0397c998d30d493d.jpg][/quote]

Lou, is that you? I was going to wear that if I could find one and if I couldn't find Joker make-up at Costumes on Haight or House of Humor in Redwood City. Maybe I'll pick up some other henchman masks if I find any for others who might want one.

10. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Yeah, that's me. Looks like the Joker is taken boys. [face_dancing]

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Did anyone record this?

Also, tomorrow on the History Channel is BATMAN UNMASKED, 9/8C, and on 7/21 is BATMAN TECH, also on at 9/8C.

12. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    hey lou. the hbo dark knight special parts 1 & 2 are on youtube.

i bought the blu ray limited edition set today at bestbuy. too bad i didn't buy it last week when it was on sale (i bought the last copy for $45). pretty much the only reason i bought it was to see the first 6 minutes of the film and for the movie money to watch it a 2nd time.

13. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7472

14. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Uhg! Three words Kev. Am a zon, $33.95. Always the cheapest I've seen for BD's. And they always send the stuff before it's relased, so you get it on the release date. Also if you sign up for Prime and split with some other accounts, it's free 2nd day shipping.:-B

15. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i could always do the bait and switch tactic but i am building up my bestbuy reward points so it's okay. i'll just keep it. thanks for the tip though!

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I tweaked the back of my car a bit:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN8856.jpg]

Oh, and is anyone interested in buying a new unopened Batman Begins 2-disc Deluxe Edition DVD for, say $20?

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I managed to get passes to an advanced screening last night, and all I can say is WOW! :eek:

This has to be one of the best films I have seen in a long time! All the performances were great, and I don't even have to say how great Heath Ledger's performance is. After you see the movie, please stay for the credits for his tribute. @};-

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Let's just one thing clear after seeing this movie, I could NEVER see the Burton, let alone the Schumacher films the same way again!!=D= And as far as tone of the movie... let me just one word "Empire"[face_thinking]

This by far is the BEST Batman film - Period. I don't know about the rest of the folks that have aleady seen it, or soon will, but this is the first time that a "Super-hero" movie has lingered in my mind, long after the credits have rolled. I even had a dream about it.

Can't wait to see it two more times this weekend (Tonight at midnight, and of course the Friday 8:30 show).

BTW - I just got "Joker-ized" :D
    http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/youinaction.aspx?img=1951

19. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing wampas, AT_AT's, snowspeeders, Boba and Yoda in this!

20. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/17/tumblerhi.jpg]

Looks like the tumbler had contact with the "all spark".

21. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    =D= :eek: =D= :eek: =D= :eek:
    Is how I felt last night... It's in my Top 3 favorite movies of all time now. MAN I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN TONIGHT!!!!!

BTW,I just rode by the Metreon and there was a line outside in fromt of of the Play Station store.

22. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    how early should we line up then? at least we are locked in for the 830pm showing. i'll just eat before driving into the City. see ya guys there!

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I plan to get there around 4 pm. Looks like we have to save spots for 15 people! :eek: At the midnight show last night, I saw all the shows through Sunday are sold out, except for Sunday's 3:30 am show. Speaking of which, the concession stands are open until 4 am this weekend! [face_laugh]

24. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    I will be there right after 5.

25. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    It was really great but Iron Man is still money for me in comparison. The story kinda got a little hard to follow with all Jokers shifting gears to one scheme to another however Heath Ledger's portrayal was AWESOME. Overall though it got further in to Batman's psychology and mythos which was great. My main problem however is that I still don't like the Kasey fighting style and how they film the hand to hand. It was the same quick cuts and choppyness like in Batman Begins. I know they used the excuse of saying it's suppose to make Batman look "faster" and "brutal" but in all honesty I think it's cos Kasey's open stance looks really retarded and doesn't transfer well as a slick looking fighting style like actual ninjitsu or other kinds of taijitsu... Anyway, still great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.