main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    That kind of filming makes it easier to hide actual clumsy fighting from he actors, too.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    "Let's put a sssssssmile on that face!"

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Why%20So%20Serious%207-18-08/DSCN8897-1.jpg]

3. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Monday on the History Channel:

09:00 PM Batman Tech:

Since his debut in DC Comics in 1939, Batman has dazzled readers with an amazing array of bat gadgets. Viewers will go deep inside the Batcave to examine these incredible tools--many of them inspired by amazing real-life military developments. Discover just how close they come to real-life technology.

10:00 PM Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of the Dark Knight:

Delve into the world of Batman and the vigilante justice that he brought to the city of Gotham. Batman is a man who, after experiencing great tragedy, devotes his life to an ideal--but what happens when one man takes on the evil underworld alone? Examine why Batman is who he is--and explore how a boy scarred by tragedy becomes a symbol of hope to everyone else.

11:00 PM Star Wars Tech:

Take a look at the technology shown throughout the six Star Wars films and examine their viability through the eyes of cold hard science. Could a Death Star really be built? Can you build an army of clones? What is 3-D imaging, and where the can you get a Light Saber? Travel to a galaxy far, far away to answer all of these questions and more.

Set the recording device of your choice.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I saw this a couple days ago. It's really interesting cos they do a in depth pyshcological profile on all the major batman villians and Batman of course. Pretty cool.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    This one I meant:

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Did you just mix me and Matt up? :_|

Anyway, watching the film I noticed a few references to The Long Halloween Batman series which I read was a heavy influence on screenwriter David Goyer. Definitely the darkest Batman and the best so far. But it just makes me wonder how they could possibly top it now, especially with such a disturbing performance by Heath Ledger. I just hope they don't try o lighten it up for the next one. I want it even darker. :D

Now the next anticipated comic to screen for me will be Watchmen! Imagine what fans would have done to Peter Jackson if he screwed up LOTR and you'd get a picture of what would happen to Zack Snyder if he screws up Watchmen.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    hahaha apparently I did. We all know I don't read. Sorry Rob.

8. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hello!
    Woow I saw this movie last saturday & let me tell you I couldn't believe how [psycho The Joker was. It really freaking scary everytime he was on screen. It was shocking how everything finished.
    I had great expectations for this movie & I wasnt dissapoint it.
    Sad, We are not going to have the joker for the next movie. IT will be really difficult to find another actor who can be better than Heath Ledger.
    Gosh! so bad we dont have IMAX here. I bet it was awesome to watch it there.

9. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I finally saw the movie last night with my bro. Oh my Badness! I think it's the best Batman ever! I never thought I'd say that. I still think Michael Keaton is the best "Batman", but this is the best movie fa sho'. Heath Ledger's performance was truly unexpected and he really put himself in this role. It's just too sad that he did not see how the world is reacting to his talent.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

What's the back story on Watchmen? It looks freaky weird with no one I recognize at all.

As for Batman 3... I wonder if they'll bring in Catwoman now since they'll need to cover the romantic angle. Maybe Poinson Ivy too and have the hottie bad bad girls give it ago in Gotham's destruction by adding a conservation twist since that's a relevant issue concerning that pesky global warming thing. Not the strongest plot line but dunno how they'd make the next one even darker. Penguin would be hard to do... Riddler is bleh... Or they can work with some of the lesser know villians like Clay Face, Bane, Temporal Fugit, Mr. Freeze etc etc like they did in Batman Begins with Ras Algul and Scarecrow. But the Darkest villians have been done as is and done VERY well. As long as it's story driven, pyschological in depth with a solid plot. Don't think it can get Darker than Dark Knight so may as well bring on the sexy with the baddy ladies.

Just as long as they don't try to write Robin into it, maybe only at the very end. hahaha... and they don't pull a Spiderman 3 and water down a major villian cos it's "What the fans want too see...".

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Here's a wiki like to Watchmen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay the lightsaber portion of this was sad... The scientist they had didn't cover anything about how a lightsaber beam archs back on itself from the hilt approximately 1 meter from the base which is the WHOLE idea of the lightsaber blade. Instead they try justifying a laser beam but that will keep going forever. Duh... They did mention a plasma blade which actually makes a little more sense since in CAN be influenced in a magnetic field but not in an arch form. What was never covered was that a stream of electrons in magnetic field is not only influenced by a magnetic field but DOES arch back on in itself in a loop. I've seen this done in a vacuum tube and it's a very nice blue hue to it too. IF the stream of electrons in a magnetic field can be narrowed to a straighter beam rather than a loop as well as an increase in amplitude of then energy states then the electron stream would allow for a wider looking "blade". In theory a high amplitude stream of arching electrons in a narrow beam form COULD cut/damage/burn BUT the energy needed for the kind of cutting and slicing in SW is impossible with current power cells.

Also in atmosphere the air and any moisture itself would also cause cos more of a lightning effect even in the magnetic field cos energy states always choose the path of least resistance and electrons would scatter indiscriminately thus in a vacuum tube it's a looped straighter line which is nice. There wouldn't been a humming noise but probably the sizzle crackling of air being super heated possibly creating ozone (O3) which is harmful on ground level. The blade itself would have be about 3527.22°C (6381°F) which is the temperture to melt the hardest known substance currently known to man, carbon in the form of diamonds, but at that kind of temperture anything around the "lightsaber", organic or otherwise, will be incinerated near instantly since it's a little more than half as hot as the photosphere of the sun which exceeds 6000°C.

Having it in a magnetic field with uniform polarity across lightsabers however would makes sense though since then the lightsaber blade would then be able to block another saber blade cos like charges repel each other. And they call themselves scientist...

13. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Some people kid's.... :oops:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-movies/20080729/ODD.Joker.Arrested/

14. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    another character for batman 3 could be "clock king" hahahahaha! or the ventriloquist

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Temporal Fugit is the Clock King. lol

16. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    umm...

http://www.comcast.net/movies/reelnews/831/riddlemethisjolieampdeppinnewbatman/

17. JediKnight-Cicero

JediKnight-Cicero Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    I havent been able to see the new Batman movie but from all the hype and fans, it sounds amazing. I will try to catch it this week so I can actually talk about it lol. Some Great villians for a Batman Movie would be to bring back Bane, Firefly, ClayFace, and Killer Cro

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Anyone interested in a brand new unopened 2-disc deluxe edition DVD of Batman Begins for $15?

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just heard about this - Morgan Freeman was in a car accident: :eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/ap_on_en_mo/morgan_freeman

Hope he's doing OK. [face_worried]

20. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    On a not so downer note...

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

Think it will break into the top 5? I say Yeas for sure. top 3? Don't know.

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Whoa I hope Morgan Freeman is okay... That sucks, he's never been in a bad movie that I can think of...

Further BatNews:

Idiot "Joker" gets arrested

The dude actually looks like Dr. Krane aka Scarecrow. Freaky... A couple jokers short of a deck that one...

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
  23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Can anyone who took pics opening night of TDK send them to me, please?

Thanks. :)

TV Guide put together a list of Batman's high and low points in his 69-year history:

http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/The_Batman_Franchise_s_15_Defining_Moments_1246/1.aspx

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    What we all thought back then:

http://boards.theforce.net/san_francisco_ca/b10448/24537450/p1/?26

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    and why do you keep bring this up again Matty? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.