main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Oh MY. I May need to be at Best Buy there for the midnight release...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7844

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Anyone going to BB for the midnight release?

3. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    im store pickup pre ordering mines early tomorrow morning. if the batpod blu ray is available im gonna get it .otherwise i'll settle for the batman mask version.

4. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Wow. One of the best looking and sounding movies on BD I've seen. Serious workout for the subwoofer :eek:

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I got the BB one with the mini-cowl. Apparently, WalMart's comes with a replica Two-Face coin. :oops: Sucks though that it doesn't have the two docs that were on the History Channel, but are on the Blu-Ray. But neither has the HBO: A First Look special. Still want to buy the 2-disc collector soundtrack and the making-of book though.

Nolan talks "Batman 3":

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-12-07-dark-knight-nolan_N.htm

6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yay!!! I can finally see "The Dark Knight!" Probably will be kicking myself for not seeing it on the big screen, though!

Of course, if I start crying when Heath Ledger is on-screen, no one will know but me!

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Warner Bros. has announced it will be rereleased in theaters Jan. 23 (hopefully agin in IMAX)!

8. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    Warner will host a BD live event on DEC 18 with director Chris Nolan. Make sure to load your disc in that day in your BD players.

A little off topic, but here's Bruce Wayne battling Skynet ;)

http://comicnews.info/?p=2548

9. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Man time flies so fast....
    I remember this time last year, just clinging to sites like Superhero Hype, Aint it Cool, Comicbookmovie.com, IGN...whatever, just to get the latest scoop, latest picture, or the Joker's next clue to the see the next whatever. All the games, scavenger hunts, and viral stuff to get wrapped into , just to know more about this movie. We got one of the first full glimpses at the Joker this time last year.

Then the new year came, and we knew the movie was coming out this year. Then... January 22 hit. We were all stunned and could not believe the tragedy. Heath was taken from us. He may have had an Idea that this movie was going to be good, but I don't know if he had any clue or lead as to how this movie would resinate through and through. One of the best movies of the comic book movies ? THE best? One of the best movies of the year? THE best! ...one of the best movies of the decade? I know I may get bashed on Both ends for this, but besides ROTS (small bias) , I cant think of anything better than The Dark Knight. ( this is not a ROTS thread... don't get on that topic).

Like I said, time moves so fast. And I am now about to grab an Anchor Steam, open my Blu Ray and watch The Dark Knight.

Can't wait.=D=

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I wonder if Warner Bros. realized their rerelease date was the one-year anniversary of Heath's death. [face_worried]

11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Jan. 23, 2009! I'll try to see it. I'm having my eye surgery on the 19th, tho. Of course, then I'll be able to see better!!

Hmm, Heath Ledger's death anniversary. Already. Sheesh, time does fly. :_|

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I hear that on the Blu-Ray Special Features that there's a shot of SF Mayor Gavin Newsome in a pink sweater. :confused:

13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Matt,

Why does that confuse you? He was the first mayor to okay gay marriages in this state.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's not confusing, more than its just a random thing to put on a Batman DVD!

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, like, what does the mayor of San Francisco have to do with Batman. Unless it's because SF is a mini-Gotham. ;)

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think the connection is that his voice sounds like Batman. [face_laugh] But I do think that SF should have it's own "dark knight" - maybe someone who makes parking spaces magically appear for those in need. ;)

Oh, and case you didn't know, the X-Men have make their home here in SF now:

http://boards.theforce.net/san_francisco_ca/b10448/28920203/p1/?3

:cool:

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Don't forget Willie Brown had a cameo in Godfather III, and John McCain had one in Wedding crashers.

They don't necessarily have to be playing themselves, I sometimes forget that Fred Thompson was once a Senator. Almost everybody forgot about his presidential campaign apparently.

18. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    ^^Thank god!! About people forgetting Fred Thompson's pres. campaign.

SCORE!! I went to my office Christmas party on Friday and got a great gift!! I got a Best Buy gift card, so Saturday I trucked on over to Best Buy and bought the special edition of "The Dark Knight" with the Batman Cowl.

Watched the movie yesterday and boy, was it intense!! Fortunately, Heath Ledger wore so much makeup as the Joker that I didn't really recognize him under all that paint, so I didn't cry.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    You can actually see him without make-up in a couple of quick shots during the mayhem after Gordon gets "shot". He's standing near the podium with the other GCPD officers.

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Why%20So%20Serious%207-18-08/thheath6.jpg]

And speaking of make-up....

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Why%20So%20Serious%207-18-08/DSCN8899-1.jpg]

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Why%20So%20Serious%207-18-08/DSCN0043.jpg]

20. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I hope you watched the credits for the dedication to Heath and the stuntman who died during the filming.

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just saw it again, and I'm thinking about the rumor/theory concerning the story for the third film, that it was really the Riddler who was behind the Joker's mayhem. In the car with Maroni, Dent says, "The Joker was just a mad dog. Someone had to set him loose."

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/MattRiddler.jpg]

Hmmm. [face_thinking]

22. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Dale,

No, I didn't watch it all the way thru the credits. But, I will, eventually.

Good point, who set the Joker loose. I was thinking in the context of the movie--it would seem to be the mob boss who agreed to let the Joker (after the fact, of course) take control of their money. But that doesn't totally explain it.

The movie was so dark and so intense, I think I actually prefer "Iron Man." I like my movies a little less intense, with a bit more humor.

23. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    In the new Joker book by Brian Azzarello (which is so good), has a new take on the Riddler. It's also a punk rock take on an old villain, with a couple more new takes on old friends.

Behold.. The Diddler
    [image=http://www.epstacy.de/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/the-simpsons-18x11-diddler.png]

24. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    Anyone catch the BD-Live screening with Chris Nolan? Something I thought interesting he said was Star Wars and Blade Runner were two movies that were influential in helping him decide to get into movie making.

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Ooh! Like me! :-B It would be great if Chris Nolan wrote and directed one (or more) of the live-action TV Star Wars episodes! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.