main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Disciple-of-Tython, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't usually like "teaser Trailers" that just show a fancy animated title, but I think this one works quite well and I'm liking what I hear.

2. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Heres a better link to the Teaser:

TDK Teaser

3. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
  4. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    The new Bat suit is more heavily armoured and bulkier than it was in BB, whereas just once I'd like them to go with a more flexible, sinuous style like Neal Adams used to draw.

5. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think they could/should have explored a more comic book style suit because I think it could work, but I can also see where they're coming from. The heavy armoured suit is much more intimidating and if faced against that, you'd probably peg it. But if you were faced with a guy in a tight fitting lycra suit, you'd fancy your chances a bit more. As the first film estbalished, the theatrical element plays a big part in crime fighting and the TDK suit certainly wins on that part.

6. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    I have to say I hate the new Bike thing...much as i hated the bat mobile in BB - the worst thing in the movie by my account! Where can pics of the new batsuit be found...?

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Page 3 of this thread has an image of the new batsuit posted near the bottom, plus I think there's a small feature in the latest Empire mag.

Agree on the batbike/pod. A really bad idea but I've always liked the tumbler/batmobile so I'm glad that remains untouched!

8. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Cheers Tice!

Suit looks ok - like an updated version of the last "Spurlunking" one!

9. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Even though I'm 50/50 over The Jokers look still, I really like the Teaser! Very eerie, and what a teaser should do; leaving you wanting to see some of the product!

Bale and Caine sound good and Ledger does have a great Joker voice, and laugh, so I'm eager to SEE some Joker action to put the vocal talent with it, which could turn it!

10. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i don't get it...just a load of people with faces painted as the joker?
    what box are you supposed to type into?

11. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Sorry they must of removed it :(

12. Darth Scourge

Jun 4, 2000
    Yeah, the Batmobile in BB took a little getting used to... but now I think it's rather cool.

Well, the flexible batsuit wouldn't have to be lycra... it could be a very sinuous yet strong fibre-mesh body glove or something... [face_thinking]
    Maybe he'll have various batsuits designed for different mission parameters in this new franchise... including ones like heavy combat ones, more flexible ones, stealth ones, etc. (Would certainly please the toy companies, anyway!)

Just as long as things don't get silly like they had become by the end of the 80's/90's movie series. :rolleyes:

13. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i liked clooneys costume.

14. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Maybe he'll have various batsuits designed for different mission parameters in this new franchise

They did that in the old franchise (in the last 2 at least). Val kilmer had his sonar prototype suit. Clooney had various styles and colours (dunno if they actually had other uses, just think it was for a costume change *shakes fist at schumacher*)

the Keaton costumes rules, so did the BB one. I think the new one looks ok. Need a better pic of it though.

15. Darth Scourge

Jun 4, 2000
    I just hope they don't go overboard with suit variations. Subtle variations on the classic batsuit are fine, but I just want them to avoid stuff like a "walking bat tank" and all that.
    At least Bale can actually turn his head in the new suit.

The first two Keaton suits were decent enough, if a little rigid. That sonar one Kilmer wears at the end of BF started to push it a bit, and in all honesty, I think by the time Clooney took over the role... they'd started getting a little too out there with the look of the bat suit.

16. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    so,i'm on my own then,on this one...?
    i loved the clooney era suits,even robins.

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've always been a fan of the Batman Returns costume, mainly for the chest and stomach plate design.
    I've never liked multiple batsuits per film. It's just an excuse to release more toys and make more money. But even when they do have just one suit they still manage to make all sorts of toy variations, the swines!

18. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i know where you're coming from,tice...the whole 'knight' aspect of the character... it does look like a proper suit of armour.
    but i thought it was the weakest from a design aspect.
    maybe i should do a little drawing of my batman.
    or maybe not.

19. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    EXTRA! EXTRA! THE DARK KNIGHT PICTURE EXCLUSIVE!

WOW!!!

:D

Featuring The Joker (!!!), Bruce Wayne and Alfred, the Bat-Pod, The Bat-Mobile...and BatMan!

)slight spoilers can be read in these pictures, but not too many)

http://www.worstpreviews.com/media.php?id=141&place=shots

[face_hypnotized]

20. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Heh WB arnt to pleased that these pictures have been released. :D

21. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I've got a good feeling that this film will rock :p

22. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    These are brilliant:

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/batmanonfilm/thedarkknightimages/TDK_joker_onesheet_whysoserious.jpg]

[image=http://www.omelete.com.br/images/galerias/thedarkknight/thedarkknight_postercoringa.jpg]

[image=http://www.omelete.com.br/images/galerias/thedarkknight/posterexclusivoomelete.jpg]

23. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
  24. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm starting to get the feeling that Batman is in danger of being upstaged by the Joker again, as he was in the first Tim Burton movie. The footage we've gotten of the Joker seriously outweighs all the footage of Batman.

I don't want Nolan's films to go the way of the recent Spiderman movies, with too much love for the villains and not enough for the hero.

25. Darth Scourge

Jun 4, 2000
    Yes, that's always a danger when you have unique, interesting and iconic villains in a film... particularly comic book adaptations.
    But hopefully they'll get the balance just right in TDK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.