main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanhedrin_Faust

Sanhedrin_Faust Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    (Dr. Faust)

Corsucant, daytime, in Dr. Faust's office, which is located within the personal suites of the Trade Federation deligation:

Dr. Faust, you have just finished giving one of the senator's aides, a Mr. Tazulfin, his phyisical. He buttons up his coat and gives you a thanking smile.

Tazulfin: "Ah, thank you, my good doctor. I do so much prefer being examined by someone rather than some -- thing" he glances over a an asistant medical droid sitting in the corner "Droids have no concept of pain, and as such, I never thought they made good doctors."

Fastening his last coat button, he hands you 200 credits and smiles again. "Get yourself something nice."

With that he turns and leaves. As he does, a messenger droid rolls into the room and hands you a data crystal, then departs.

You examine the crystal and realize it's a message from Harrison, encoded as usual.

"Enjoy your day, Mr. Tazulfin."

A single line creased Faust's forehead as he read the contents of the crystal several times.

"This will be complicated," he thought to himself.

Closing the door to his office, he softly crushed the crystal beneath his boot, and deposited the remains in his waste receptical.

After a moment's hesitation, Faust turned around and opened his office door. Walking down the hallway to his formulary, he took a quick inventory of the neuroleptics and sedatives. Hatz Murdask normally was a very careful man, very strong-willed, and possessing a very good memory. He must remember nothing, if the trust were to be maintained.

Equations flew through his mind, balancing weight with concentration and dosage, but a happy medium was not immediately apparent. This would be very complicated.

He walked back to his office and activated his communication screen. Tazulfin had not yet returned to the office in the Senator's quarters - Faust was greeted by a junior aide.

"Please ask the Senator if he can find an hour to stop by for a visit in the next day or so. I noticed an abberation in his last bloodwork that I would like to investigate."

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    (narrative)

The underground passages were cold and damp, as usual. This did not bother Darth Groth. He'd become used to working in such accommodations. As crude as they may be, they suited his needs; secret and well hidden, defended by state of the art sensory equipment able to detect any approach, and most of all, it resonated with the essence of the dark side.

The hour was late, and Groth had much to do. He hurried down the narrow stone corridors, his black cloak flapping in the breeze as he went. With his right hand, he pulled his hood closely around his face, making it so that only his nose, mouth, and thin gray beard were visible. That was just how he liked it, having his appearance quite literarily cloaked in mystery. Even his apprentice rarely got a good look at this face. Judging from what little features did show under his black robes, and judging from his lean, frail figure, one might easily mistake him for a tiring and aging man. But as he continued down the passages, his quick and steady stride and tall posture told a different story.

Stepping out of the corridor, he entered into a large room with stone walls carved out of the earth. A set of consoles rested against the far north wall. Groth headed for the consoles and reaching them, began to work the controls. In the shadows behind him, a cloaked figure appeared, moving silently from the room?s corner along the wall opposite from Groth. Without a glance behind him, Groth smiled knowingly.

?Good evening, Horendious, I was about to send for you,? Darth Groth said, still looking only at the control panel.

?You?re up late,? Horendious said. ?Is there a problem??

?Unfortunately, there is,? he responded. ?There are matters which I must attend to on Naboo. I will be leaving within the hour. And I am afraid this facility is no longer safe for you.?

?What do you mean?? Horendious asked, stepping out of the shadows. What little light was in the room illuminated the area he now stood. Like Darth Groth, he was also dressed in the standard black tunic and cloak of the Sith. His hood was thrown back, revealing his unkempt thick brown hair. His face did not tell his true age. It was hardened and lined with stress, stress only a hunted man knows. If it wasn?t for the fullness and rich color of his hair, and his strong muscular body, he might have been mistaken for a man the age of Groth.

Darth Groth looked back at Horendious, pausing a moment from his work. ?It is nothing for you to concern yourself with -- just yet. And as I said, this area may not be safe for us at this time. You are not as skilled at hiding your presence as I, and should the Jedi stumble across our little dwelling ? well, it might result in some undesired confrontation.?

Horendious frowns. ?Are we to run and hide every time a Jedi raises his head??

?We face the Jedi, my hasty apprentice, when and where the times and at the place of our choosing, and only under those circumstances,? Groth answered. ?This is not the time and place of my choosing.

?Now, gather your things and make for Hutt space. I have spoken with Ormo and he is quite anxious to employ your service. A Sith can be a valuable asset for a crime lord and a crime lord can be a useful ally for us. Make the best of your time there, do what you can, within reason, to make Ormo happy. However, the situation on Naboo may change suddenly and I may need you there quickly, so don?t get too comfortable on Nal Hutta.?

For a moment, neither said anything, and Groth continued to work at the console, downloading files into a data crystal. With a sign, Horendious pulled his hood over his head and turned for the door, then paused. ?I wonder,? he said.

Groth pulled the crystal from the computer banks, and turned to face his apprentice. ?Wonder about what??

?Do you really feel me incapable of eluding the Jedi, or is this just another way of evading my question?? he responded.

Groth released a tired sigh. ?Which one? You ask me so many.?

?The Dark Lords,? Horendious began,

3. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Dr. Faust)

"Dear me," says the junior aid. "That sounds serious. He will be returning shortly, shall I send him to your office when he gets back?"

4. Sincra_Kunnar

Sincra_Kunnar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    Sincra, in the courtyard, meditating on the evil in his head, suddenly jumps up and draws his lightsaber. But there is no one there.

Sincra: "Trouble is coming. I can feel it."

With that, Sincra holsters his saber, and walks toward the Temple. Meditation and practice are over for today.

5. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Shiri'ani, sincra, arteme, tiasha)

Shiri'ani bows to Arteme: "I wish I could stay longer, and learn more from you, my lady, but I know this is not the time. Perhaps you can come to Coruscant some time as my guest."

With that she goes to her shuttle and departs.

---------

Sincra, as you head back into the building and walk down the corridors heading to your room, you notice someone crawling in through a window. He is dressed in grey, with a cape and hood resembling a hangman's hood. It's not one of the DLs.

6. Sincra_Kunnar

Jan 14, 2002
    Sincra stops, and notices this person crawling in through the window. His hand reaches down to his lightsaber, but he does not draw it. He quietly walks up behind the man and taps him on the shoulder.

Sincra, to hooded man: "Who are you and what do you think you're doing?"

7. Sanhedrin_Faust

Jan 16, 2002
    "Dear me," says the junior aid. "That sounds serious. He will be returning shortly, shall I send him to your office when he gets back?"

"It would be less serious if the good Senator would follow the exercise regimen I gave him," replied Faust, smiling wryly. "My schedule is a little tight today, but I have an opening tomorrow afternoon, if it is convenient. Tell the Senator that he will need new bloodwork and a transesophogeal echocardiogram, so I will need to have him sedated. It's quite routine, and he will be up and around in less than a day."

"Transof-, um..."

"Transesophogeal Echocardiogram - T.E.E. Just tell him that he'll need to swallow a lightbulb so I can check his heart."

"TEE. Got it. What's this about sedation? You know the Senator doesn't like that."

"I know, but it's necessary. He won't be completely unconscious - he'll just be very relaxed. The TEE will feel a little weird when it is in his throat, and I wouldn't want the Senator to feel any distress. It's actually called 'conscious sedation', if it makes him feel any better. Would 3 PM be convenient?"

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (sincra, tiasha, arteme)

Sincra: Whether because he is startled, or for some other sinister motive, you do not know, but the man spins around and backhands you, hard. You are surprised at the speed of his reflexes. Caught off guard, you staggered back against the wall. Your lightsaber falls from your belt and lands on the floor in front of you. You see that the hooded figure is reaching for a lightsaber of his own which is on his belt.

9. Sincra_Kunnar

Jan 14, 2002
    Sincra force pulls his saber back to him, but notices it took more effort than it should have. The hooded man was trying to do the same thing! Sincra ignites the saber, and stands ready to duel.

Sincra, to hooded man: "I'll ask again, before I end you, who are you, and why are you here? "

10. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Faust)

"Very well. I'll clear his calender for everything starting to and after 3 PM. Thank you for stopping by, Dr. Faust."

11. Sanhedrin_Faust

Jan 16, 2002
    "Very well. I'll clear his calender for everything starting to and after 3 PM. Thank you for stopping by, Dr. Faust."

"Not a problem."

Switching off the communication screen, Faust returned to his desk and sat down. The sedation would affect how responsive the Senator would be, but with a little proper reinforcement, and medication affecting the short term memory, it could be done.

Faust cleared his schedule for the following afternoon. The junior aide was easily manipulated, and the ruse of the diagnostic would ensure some privacy. The Senatorial guard would remain outside, to maintain the cleanliness Faust demanded in his office.

A few hours should suffice for the interview, and a few minutes, the right chemistry, and a small mind trick should suffice to ensure that the Senator came away with the proper memories, and Faust with the information he needed.

12. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (sincra, tiasha, arteme)

The hooded man ignites his saber, stares at you, then does a double backflip, crashing through the window, then landing back out in the courtyard. From where you stand, you can't see where he landed or what he is doing now.

Arteme: You hear that crash.

13. Sincra_Kunnar

Jan 14, 2002
    Sincra slowly moves forward, then peers out the window

14. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (arteme, sincra, tiasha)

The grey cloaked figure is running towards the woods. His lightsaber is off and concealed somewhere on his persons.

15. Arteme

Arteme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Arteme is sitting at her desk in her private work chambers deeply engrossed in the report given to her by Shiri_ani. Suddenly, a strong force tremor rips through her, causing her head to snap up.

Danger, Danger, Danger

She jumps from her desk, slips Shiri'ani's data crystal into her boot for safe keeping, and races out of the chamber, saber in hand, letting the force guide her toward the source of danger.

As Arteme races through the corridors of the compound, she hears a loud crash from ahead. Quickening her pace, she turns a corner to find Sincra, peering out of a shattered window.

"Sincra, are you hurt?"

Arteme slows her pace, approaching Sincra carefully and joins him in looking out the window at the figure fleeing into the woods.

"What happened? Who was that?"

16. Merilian

Merilian Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2002
    Merilian gets up calmly and holds out his arm in front of Townson. Pushes him back in his seat. Nods to others in vicinty, and turns back to Townson.

?Please relax and let me handle this.?

3 other mysterious men appear seemingly out of nowhere. Townson acts shocked.

?Do not be alarmed Townson. You of all people should know better than to travel lightly. They are here to protect me???.as well as you, of course.?

Merilian thinks to himself: Yes, I need you still, for a while anyway. If not, no big loss. And what of that damaged freighter that we docked with? We shall see who our visitors are.

Merilian turns to his men and tells one to stay with Townson. Looks at the other two????..

?Deal with it?

Merilian watches them leave to confront any threat. Then slowly makes his way as well down the corridor unnoticed by using the force and the panicked crowd to shield his presense.

17. Sincra_Kunnar

Jan 14, 2002
    Arteme is standing next to Sincra, and they are both watching the hooded figure as he makes for the woods.

Sincra, speaking quickly, to Arteme: "I'm fine, not hurt. I sensed a presence when I was training. On my way inside, I felt a tremor and came upon this man breaking into our compound. He has been well-trained in the arts of our people, and he was carrying a lightsaber. This is disturbing. "

Sincra turns to follow the hooded man, in order to ascertain where he is coming from.

18. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Merilian)

You follow your three bodyguards, seemingly unnoticed. At the end of the corridor, you see a man, probably in his late teens, holding a blaster to the head of a young lady. Lying next to him is a bothan, dead with a hole in his chest. Two other droids, both protocol (in outer appearance, at least) flank the young man, holding blasters out and pointing them at anyone who moves. Seeing your bodyguards approach, they point their blaster in their direction. With lightening reflexes, the three guards pull out blasters.

Lead guard: "Drop it, NOW!"

Terrorist: "No way, man, you drop it, or I'll blow her ****ing head off!"

Lead guard: "Don't do it, this can go real badly for you if you don't surrender now."

19. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Dr. Faust)

It's about 1:45 PM, the following afternoon. Your getting ready for your -- "procedure" when the door to your office burst opens, and a rather panicked Senator Hatz Murdask comes rushing in.

Sen. Murdask: "Goodness, Doctor, I just learned this morning from my aide that you wished to see me and why. I would have come sooner, but I had a pressing luncheon engagement that I could not afford to break. However, my afternoon's been cleared. Tell me, is it -- serious?"

20. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Danja)

Lord Aqua: Arteme has ordered you to go to the Dark Lord's hideout on Naboo (operated by Harrison), there to await your new orders. You expected Harrison would be there when you arrived, but he was not. The place was empty. You were able to use your access codes to get in and wait. A day went by uneventually, then at last, Harrison arrived.

Harrison walks into the main room of the compound. He has a small leather bag at his side. He stops, turns, and glares at you, almost suspicously, then continues into the room.

"I wasn't aware you were coming, Lord Aqua. Did Lady Arteme send you, or did you come to attend to personal business?"

21. Sanhedrin_Faust

Jan 16, 2002
    Sen. Murdask: "Goodness, Doctor, I just learned this morning from my aide that you wished to see me and why. I would have come sooner, but I had a pressing luncheon engagement that I could not afford to break. However, my afternoon's been cleared. Tell me, is it -- serious?"

"Ah, good afternoon, Senator. I'm glad your aide had a chance to talk with you. Judging by your reaction, I'm assuming he didn't pass along the information about it being routine, and only a minor abberation?"

"He just said their might be something wrong with my heart," Sen. Murdask responded, color beginning to return to his face. "You know I hate it when my doctor calls unexpectedly and mentions my heart."

"I know, Senator, I know. Just have a seat and relax for a few minutes. I wasn't expecting you this early, so I'm not quite set up. It will take me about half an hour to get everything prepared. In the meantime, let me tell you about why I called."

Faust waved his hand slightly. The Senator relaxed, and his normal coloration returned.

"He said something about tea and my heart."

"Almost. Not tea. TEE - transesophogeal echocardiogram. I noticed some aberrations on your last bloodwork, which led me to suspect you might have a mitral valve regurgitation."

"Regurgitation? Like..."

"Yes, like that. Only your blood isn't moving the way it should. The TEE will give me a clearer picture of your heart, so I will be able to confirm that it is your valve. It really is quite routine."

Faust waved his hand again.

"Remember that, if anyone asks. It is quite routine..."

"It is quite routine."

"Good."

Faust finished preparing the bed, and led the Senator into an examination room. After changing into a hospital gown, the Senator laid down on the small bed.

"Senator, I'm going to give you an injection to help you relax for the procedure. This is just a sedative."

Faust turned around, with a syringe of Sodium Pentathol...

22. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Dr. Faust)

You give the senator the injection. He relaxes, and his eyes glaze over slowly, as the sedative takes effect...

"Quite routine," He mutters again.

23. Kun_Amor

Kun_Amor Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2002
    Kun Amor felt a ripple of unease run through him at the mention of Lord Harrison's name. He would have to contact Lady Arteme about this situation and the Jedi's involvement, though he suspected she already knew about it. The chance to go to Naboo and help with the investigation could uncover who was behind this, but with Yoda and Master Thell accompanying him he would have to be extremely careful of his actions. As much as he detested the little green toad, Kun knew that Yoda was no fool.

"As you wish, Master Starkiller. We shall leave immediatly. I assume my apprentice shall stay behind at the Temple?"

24. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Kun)

Starkiller pauses, then: "Yes, Master Amor, I'm afraid so. I do not feel your apprentice is learning as much as he should, and I don't think this is the appropriate missions for him to be testing the depths of his limited powers. Master Thell's apprentice is still too young to go. Yoda's apprentice, however, will be accompanying you. In fact, she's already on the way there. She left yesterday in the oompany of a Bothan agent. She'll work with the sovereignity of Naboo to clear out all necesary paperwork, so that when you arrive, you will have clearance to investigate the matter fully. There is one bothan agent already at naboo, working on the case, Agent Bamthu. You will want to corrident with him, but tell him nothing of why the Jedi decided to get involved. No one must know about our master's vision. Now, are there anymore questions?"

Yoda and Thell shake their heads.

25. Arteme

Arteme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Continuing to look out the window, Arteme says coldly to Sincra,

"Go. Follow him."

Arteme watches as Sincra bolts out the window and pursues the intruder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.