main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - The New Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PadmesHairstylist, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Hello everyone. :)

I thought I would go ahead and set up the new thread for the Official Dark Lords RPG.

Like it's title suggests , it is intended for members of the Dark Lords of the JCC only.

Any questions about the Dark Lords can be sent to me via PM : PH.

The official thread for the Dark Lords of the JCC can be found here: Dark Lords of the JCC.

Any questions concerning this RPG, can be directed to the Gamemaster, which is Killer Ewok. He can be reached via PM here: KE

Now that I have set up the new thread, KE will be taking over from here. He will be the one to announce the official start of this game.

Have fun! :D

2. Radical-Edward

Radical-Edward Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2002
    To join "Dark Lords of the JCC" do I PM you? or what do I do?

3. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Hello :)

Yes, you may PM me if you wish to learn more about us. The RPG is only a small part of what we do. You might also want to check out our main thread at the JCC. I've added the link to it in my previous post here.

4. Radical-Edward

Radical-Edward Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2002
    Thanks for the info. I PMed one of the Lords and is waiting for a reply.

5. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    Games will begin within a week (I hope ... fingers crossed!) :D

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm really looking forward to getting back into RPG'ing again :D

7. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Just a little up here. Hopefully the game can start soon, I'm looking forward to RPGing (and hopefully not screwing up too bad, lol)

8. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    This looks like fun. :D Any RPG I like RPG's I have just never plyed one like this before.

9. leia393

leia393 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Awesome. I'm ready and waiting. This will be my very first RPG ever. *bounces in chair*

10. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    The wait is finally over ... let the Game begin!

Opening Narative:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ...

<cue Star Wars Theme, scrolling yellow text, you know the drill>

It is a time of prosperity and peace for the Republic. It has not seen a full-scale war for so long that such a thing has passed into myth. The Jedi have become complacent, acting only as diplomats and ambassadors, with little to trouble their tranquil galaxy.

There are those in their ranks who have become frustrated with this role, and a number have left the order for a more exciting life of adventure. Using their powers for personal gain, these renegade Jedi have learned the advantages of the Dark Side, and have formed a small band of Dark Jedi.

Other Dark Side Force wielders have started to emerge, feeling the call of these Dark Jedi, who fear none and bend the Force to their will. The Jedi are ill-equipped to deal with the rising problem, and even now sit in council, debating the best way to remove their misguided brethren ...

<Cue dramatic music, pan camera down to view of Corellia, as a one-man fighter glides down through its atmosphere>

A small, battered fighter enters the confines of a docking bay, powering down to settle on the deeply scored floor. Outside the fighter waits a small group of robed figures, standing tall and proud, their faces shrouded by cavernous hoods. The pilot of the fighter emerges, dropping out of the cockpit with ease, and approaching the figures confidently. She wears a black jumpsuit and helmet: a lightsabre is clipped at her side.

Approaching the group, she bows before the foremost of them, "The meeting has been called, My Lord. The others will arrive soon."

The figure acknowledges her with a nod, "Very good. Did you invite the Jedi?"

"Of course. They seemed eager to meet you," it is possible to hear the smile in her voice.

The figure lets out a rumbling bass laugh, "I bet they were."

He turns, and strides out of the hangar, followed silently by the others. Before the pilot follows, she removes a small device from her pocket, and presses a button on its side. As she turns to leave, a roaring explosion rocks the hangar: her ship has been completely obliterated. The door slides shut behind her and the group, leaving the burning wreck behind.

11. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Kija, Raine, Dark Jedi Master Bombatta)

The Dark Jedi stride out into the streets of Corellia, where the group breaks into pairs - silently dispersing as though they had never been together. A silent command from Master Bombatta's mind instructs them to gather again in a week, before he slips off alone into a dark alley ...

Bombatta ... your time is your own to fill.

Kija and Raine find themselves paired together, as they head off towards the centre of the city: a week to kill before the meeting ... and you were under strict orders to stay in your pairs. At this time, the Dark Jedi had to watch each others backs.

Kija, you have little to do at the moment, as your workstation is on Coruscant. You might as well go along with whatever Raine has planned.

Raine, you have been instructed to spend some time training the non-Jedi Scholar ... but how you choose to do so is up to you.

(G'ai-Jin and Zaster)

Zaster strides into the planetary official's office like she owns the place, ready to deal with this digit-pusher: she wants to get off-planet yesterday.

The Cerean introduces himself as Sa'rn-In, shaking Zaster's hand. Zaster senses a deception here, and G'ai-Jin gets a strong sense of her power through the Force. You regard each other with surprised looks on your faces. Maybe this wouldn't be your average meeting ...

Zaster, regardless of whatever this cerean is clearly trying to hide, you need to get off-planet. This guy is the person who signs the documents to get you there: that was why you'd aranged this meeting. You have only the story of what happened to your team, and your Republic credentials to convince him to help you.

G'ai-Jin, you know she has power ... but can she see through your disguise? You should treat this one with care - perhaps just dealing with her and sending her out is no longer the best plan ...

(Runal)

Runal spends a considerable time in orbit around Corellia, waiting for clearance to land on-planet. He had been cleared to land when he arrived, but some fool had decided to blow up a fighter in the hangar he'd been directed to.

He finally receives clearance, and sends his yatch down to the planets surface, bring her in for a smooth landing. He emerges in a less-than-savory part of the city, and so set his yatch's security to level one, before departing the hangar.

Runal, you are free to roam the planet as you wish.

(Moira)

Moira, your astromech has confirmed your course is set. You cannot make the jump to hyperspace in this asteroid field, and Sarlf is still hot on your tail. What action do you take?

12. Moira_DL

Moira_DL Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    I pilot my fighter despritly (sp?) between the astroids. Sarlf opens fire at my fighter.

"Oh gads I really need to get out of here," I mutter to myself.

I dodge more frantically trying to put some space between the bounty hunter and me. Finally I see what I was looking for. A large astroid is in front of me off to the left a little. I bank hard to get around it, quickly land on the rock, and powerdown as fast as I can in the hopes that I'll loose Sarlf.

13. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    [The old cling to the asteroid and power down trick, eh? ;)]

(Moira)

Sarlf continues to search the area, clearly at a loss for where your fighter has dissapeared to. He spends some time blasting apart random asteroids in frustration ... the shrapnel from one of the obliterated asteroids strikes your fighter, ripping through its weak shields, and shredding some of the fuselage ... but your hull remains air-tight.

You breath a sigh of relief as he blasts out of the field, but there is no way of knowing if he's hypered out of the area without your sensors powered up.

What do you do now?

14. Runal_Sytal

Runal_Sytal Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    So not all is as peaceful as it would suggest here. Now I shall explore my surroundings, and receive the latest information.i]

15. Moira_DL

Moira_DL Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    Just to be on the safe side, I wait a while longer, about 20-30 minutes or so. With no shields and a damaged ship, I don't want to take any chances. After waiting, I power up and start to make my way out of the astroid field.

16. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Runal)

The streets are grimy here ... the local beings are unkempt, the street urchins gaunt and desperate looking. You pull a young rodian boy, no older than fifteen, aside for questioning - these homeless brats usually knew everything of interest that was happening on planet, in case the information had resale value. What do you wish to ask him?

(Moira)

You damage report tells you that you have no working weapon systems, and your shields are not recharging. Luckily, your engines and hyperdrive seem to be in working condition, so you make the hyperspace jump to Corellia.

It's a short trip, but your hyperdrive must have suffered some damage ... it bursts into flames on arival. Your astomech is quick to extinguish the flames. There's no turning back now: you're stuck here until you can get your ship fixed.

You approach Corellia, and try to decide how to land: should you ask for clearance, and run the risk of being recognised as someone with a price on her head? Or do you try to land unnoticed?

17. Moira_DL

Moira_DL Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    I ask for clearance to land. I use facial manipulation whenever in public so as not to be recognized. I work on buying some parts to fix my fighter and start the repairs.

(out of character comment: Thanks for answering my question so quickly, KE)

18. Kija_Reyko

Kija_Reyko Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    Kija doesn't really like having to pair up with someone, but better to be safe than sorry. She walks deeper into the city center with Raine.

19. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    Hey, who gave you permission to land? :p Nah, I'll let it slide this time - you're new to RPG ... but for eveyones future notice: take actions one step at a time ... long sequences of cause and effect are a no-no.

(Moira)

Repairs don't look like they're going to be easy: you took a lot of damage in that field. It's easy enough to get your shields back on line, and you manage to get one canon to work ... mostly. At least she's got some teeth again. The hyperdrive is completely shot (as these devices tend to become when they burst into flames ... really, they should come with better warranties!). You take your astromech (give it a name if you like!) with you, and go in search of a new hyperdrive.

You end up at a massive hangar, where you know there's a number of used parts sales-beings who might be of help. Selecting a likely-looking individual, you approach and enquire about the necessary piece of equipment. The gotal seems most eager to help you, and asks you to accompany him to his storage shed, with a wide grin on his face. You don't know whether to trust him ... you can't get a reading off him through the Force.

20. Moira_DL

Moira_DL Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    (I'm sorry [face_blush] I didn't know. It won't happen again.)

Figuring I have no choice since I need the parts, I follow the gotal.

EDIT: can't keep my head on straight. Didn't say what I meant.

21. Gai-Jin

Gai-Jin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    I will delay her as long as it takes to learn enough about her. Casual conversation is always a good starting point.

22. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Moira)

He leads you to a large cargo container, and motions for you to enter before him. You do so, your astomech trundling in behind you. Inside is filled with a wide variety of ship parts. You freeze, as the door slams shut behind you.

"Hands up, Jedi!" The gotal growls, pressing the muzzle of a blaster into your back.

23. -Raine-

-Raine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2002
    I thread my way through the city streets, heading for the city centre. I make sure that Kija is at my side, since getting separated would be a problem - and in the crowded streets, it's entirely possible.

First things first. Making sure that we aren't being followed, I stroll into a small inn at the street corner and set about obtaining rooms for the both of us. After all, we'll be here fora week, and I don't want to have to sleep on a street corner.

24. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Kija and Raine)

You secure a double bed-room apartment on the top floor - the credit account that your Master set up for you is well supplied.

You enter the apartment, and sweep it for surveilance. Once it has been deemed clean, you are free to converse at will.

(Gai-Jin)

Care to start the conversation? Hopefully, Zaster will wander in here soon to talk ...

25. Gai-Jin

Gai-Jin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    I ask close ended questions such as:

Destination?
    Will you be returning?
    Reason for travel?

If any of these are questioned by her, I am able to label "proceedure" as the culprit.

Ultimatley, I was to know who she is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.