main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - The New Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PadmesHairstylist, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runal_Sytal

Runal_Sytal Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    A trash bin with hair and garbage inside, typical. With no way to prove hair samples, this seems like a dead end. For the moment I will collect a few pieces of the hair, for possible use later, and try to track the pipe wielder's trail from here. I should be cautious while stalking, so that I am not seen.

2. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    (Gai'Jin and Zaster)

Congratulations, you've got yourself another strange-language text doco ... but this one doesn't even have a purdy picture!

But don't worry ... due to Sar'ns resourcefulness in use of his computer, he's discovered that the text is in Devorian ... but since neither of you speak Devorian, that don't help too much.

You might have gotten a full translation out of his 'language translator', but I've picked today to be a bit of a realist, and have decided that all current 'language translator' software is over-priced, and mostly useless.

Pity you killed that Devorian, eh? :p

(Runal)

Pity you don't have a tracking animal with you ... this could be real simple, eh? However (as I'm an ever-generous GM) I've decided that you can feel the residue of a Force-sensitive primitive creature through the Force, and decide to see where the trail leads.

[Many city-blocks later]

You find yourself at the entrance of a grand estate, which is surrounded by tall, heavily-guarded, walls ... through the gate you can see a massive expance of grass, and a stately mansion beyond. The cast-iron gates are extremely forbidding, as are the sombre guards flanking either side of them.

3. Zaster_Reine

Zaster_Reine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2002
    (OOC: Damn you Ewok! You better watch your fuzzy back... :p I knew that was gonna come back and haunt me!)

-looks at the document and I immidiately wanna kill myself. I then point at my coligue-

"Don't say a word. We don't need to make this any harder by aruging again."

-sighs-

"Sithspit."

4. Gai-Jin

Gai-Jin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: We?? We shouldnt have??! ;) )

Closes eyes. This woman is no expert in anything. I'll wager this may be even one of her first assignments in the field. Ah well, such is life.

"Perhaps we can find a Devorian who will translate it for us on Corellia. Unless you have a better plan?"

Frustrated, I stand from my desk, and walk to the window. Looking out it, I remember that we have about 4 hours to kill. Without looking at her, I ask,

"What do you want to do now?"

5. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    (OCC: you are soooo lucky I can't read your character's thougts :p )

"I have no other plan. And even if I did, not even I would go along with it. So far I've done a pretty bang up job."

-looks at the shopping list then at my chrono-

"I odnt know what you are gonna do, but I just might revisit the scene where my team was killed. I might find something useful."

(OOC: Can I do that? Oh well, I just did.)

6. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: Yes, well, I think that is a fair statement - it could lead someplace.. ;) )

Aww, poor baby. Some hardend soldier. Still, her team was anhiliated..

"I dont think that you have particularly failed at anything per se. Perhaps a tad more caution in the future during your interrogations.."

Perhaps a more somber approach.

"Would you like to talk about how it all happened? Your team was ambushed? How did you escape? Feel free to tell me if you prefer to keep it to yourself."

7. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    "Well, there isn't much to tell. My team and were her to do a job and suddenly, there were lightsabers. I didn't see anyone; it was too dark. Whoever they wre, sliced my team and left. I don't know if they didn't know I was there, or the just decided to let me go. Either way, I wish to gather more information."

8. Runal_Sytal

Dec 19, 2002
    And I thought I was in a tough spot at the dumpster. I now need to scout out the area, finding possible weak spots in the fence, and the placement of the security guards. What would my fuzzball friend be doing at a place like this? Only time shall be able to answer my questions.

9. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    "You didnt see how many, huh? That is terribly unfortunate. There may well be more waiting to pop out and kill you still. However this may give us an advantage."

10. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    "I didn't have time to count; it was all over with in a few seconds. I have no doubt there are still others here to finish me. Either way, I want to go back and see if there are any clues to who these people may be."

11. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Gai-Jin and Zaster)

OCC: Gai-Jin, I think you missed your calling as a trauma therapist! :p

So, does all this boil down to you two trundling off to the place where Zaster's team was killed?

(Runal)

As you snoop about the perimeter of the estate, you bump into two human security guards ... obviously on a routine patrol of the wall for the specific purpose of bumping into individuals like yourself.

One of the guards - a tall man, holding a Force-pike - grabs your arm, "Hey! What are you doing sneaking around out here?"

12. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    OCC: Yes Sir! That is the plan.

13. -Raine-

-Raine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2002
    (OOC - *taps Kija on the shoulder*)

14. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: I have nothing better to do at the moment.)

15. Vegetia

Vegetia Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    Knowing I have to get in to the hangar I choice to use the force in the two men.

16. Runal_Sytal

Dec 19, 2002
    I should have jumped the fence. "Um, Hi, I was trying to find the name of the owner of this estate. It has a unique and kind of mysterious atmosphere to it, so I decided to see if I could find someone to inform me about it."

17. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (OCC: [face_laugh] Alright, you lot! This is my show, and I'm the only one who's allowed to be a smart-arse here, okay?! :p)

(Gai-Jin and Zaster)

You both set the alarms on your chrono's (hell, the last thing you wanna do is miss your flight), and take Gai-Jin's government landspeeder (missuse of government property, and all that). The trip isn't exactly short, and Zaster shudders to think what a mess her brain must have been in not two nights ago when she'd mindlessly stumbled this distance, not noticing the kilometers of ground she had covered.

You approach the burned-out compound on foot, cautious of any sign of a trap. To both your surprise (and horror), the bodies of Zaster's comrades have been left where they were slain ... it would appear that no-one had yet to stumble across the scene. The stench of the dead is horriffic, and Zaster isn't holding up well ... do you wish to continue forward?

(Vegetia)

You step forward confidently, and subtly wave your hand, "I'm here to service the Jedi's freighter - can you let me pass?"

The guard to your left frowns, "We didn't hear anything about this ... I'll have to clear it with Central."

He reaches for his comm ... apparently you had the misfortune to find the only strong-willed security guard on the planet.

(Runal)

He blinks for a moment, obviously processing what you just said, "Ah ... wha ...?"

His partner laughs, "Ever considered just going up to the gate and asking?"

18. Kija_Reyko

Kija_Reyko Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    "Fine. We need to find something to tie her up with. I don't want to wake up with her at my throat."

I glance over at Narp.

"Just make it clear to him we aren't going to do her any harm."

19. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Kija + Raine)

Unfortunately 'a length of rope' isn't on the itinary for your average hotels list of 'neccessary products to be included in the soap and towel package' ... nor is it stocked in the bar fridge. However, being resourceful little DLs, you improvise with some torn up bed sheets ... making those knots nice and tight.

Your reassurances calm the ewok, who is surprisingly co-operative, and extremely subdued.

The blue lady shows no signs of waking anytime soon, so you appear to have two choices: you can both sit around waiting for her to wake up; or at least one of you gets some sleep.

20. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    -looks down in horror-

"I...I..."

-throws up-
    (ooc: sorry to get graphic there, it thought it would be dramatic :p )

-looks at each of the bodies and bends down next to one.-

"Traz..I.. I was in training with him." -moves to the next body- "And Benz...she made us laugh on the ship here..." -looks at the other bodies then sits down and closes eyes and fights back the tears.-

(ooc: dramatic enough? :D )

21. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    OCC: That was bootiful! Made me wanna cry! :p

22. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: Stop it or I'm gonna throw up. :p )

Looks over the carnage stoically.

"Interesting that nobody has come across this yet. It could cause quite the inter-system incident, however, if it were reported. Probably best for you if your government knew firsthand about it, yes?"

Turns to regard Zaster.

"Shall I call it in for you or would you like to keep looking for a bit? Either way, it will take some time for anyone to get here."

Stretches out with the force, scanning carefully to avoid detection from Zaster, to see if anyone else is around.

23. Runal_Sytal

Dec 19, 2002
    That might not have been such a bad idea. I wish I would have thought of that. "I was anticipating, with such a lovely estate and the recent murders nearby, that the owner would have installed some sort of trap, security droid or gun inplacement to repel intruders. Well, that is what I would have done."

24. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Parg)

(OCC: OMG! Why didn't you tell me that I'd gone and forgotten you! :eek:)

You emerge from hyperspace in the gravity shadow of a backwater planet (OCC: and it occurs to me that I still haven't given it a name! :p). This is it. This is the place where your brother was killed.

You set your light assault shuttle on stealth approach, and guide her in to land in a forest on the night side of the planet, where she should be well hidden.

Backwater though it may be, it's still a large planet to search ... you unload the shuttles on-board swoop bike, and power it up.

You can either start at the military compound where your brother and his strike team where supposed to ambush a Republic Commando force, or rendevous with the team which should still be on-planet.

(Gai-Jin + Zaster)

Nope, no-one for miles.

(Runal)

The first guard still continues to look puzzled, "You don't look like the type who'd be lying about this ... you're far too well dressed ... but don't you think you were being a bit paranoid?" You sense that he's both confused and decidedly suspicious.

His partner shrugs, "Aww ... give him a break. He seems like a decent type. Probably just one of them excentric rich guys from off-planet."

"I s'pose your right ... but what if we're wrong? Could get in big trouble from the Lady ..."

"What do you want us to do? Hold him until she gets back?"

It might be time for you to put your two cents worth in.

25. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    "You can call it in if you like. "

-walks around-

"I'm gonna look somemore. There has to be some sort of clues around here."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.