main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - The New Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PadmesHairstylist, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Raine-

-Raine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2002
    (OOC - [face_laugh])

I narrow my eyes slightly. "'Here' is a hotel room in the middle of the city. As improbably as you may find it, you did come here without our aid or request, though perhaps not out of choice."

I take a step closer, studying her expression. I'm fairly certain that she is telling the truth as she knows it. However ...

"Tell me, what is this amulet around your neck?" I ask softly but authoratively. Smoothly, I reach out with one hand and grasp the amulet, not jerking it away just yet. I want to see how she'll react to this.

(OOC - Heheh, gotta love being cryptic :D)

(Edit - And yet again, I get the magic number! :D)

2. Runal_Sytal

Runal_Sytal Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    Runal thanks the two guards, turns around and begins to walk towards the main gate. You just can't do stuff the easy way can you Runal. No! It takes getting into trouble before you realize to tone it down on the secrecy. Runal has now reached the front gate. He now looks for someone in charge so he can ask for permission inside.

3. Vegetia

Vegetia Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    I turn on my saber ready to cut the man down before he can do anything.

4. -Raine-

Dec 19, 2002
    (OOC - Up!)

5. Master_Bombatta

Master_Bombatta Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    "Ah, yes, he is also alive."

I lean back in my chair.

"The Jedi have purposely deceived you, my friend. Recently I have made a --discovery. I have learned somethin about the force that they have tried to keep hidden. They fear what I have learned and want me and all who would hear me dead. The Council fear that if what I have learned becomes common knowledge, they will loose their control over the Jedi. They wish to keep the Jedi small, limited, easy to control. Our destiny is something greater. And when we've realized our full potential, then we will be in a better position to serve the Republic. But the Council disagrees. The fact that they have already attempted to kill me and have lied to you shows their true nature. This is something I cannot allow to continue. I must take action.

"I came here to warn you. Warn you first of the danger they represent. They will stop at nothing to see that myself and those who would listen to me are silenced. They will start to use the Senate as a weapon against me, and they will try to manipulate the Republic Defense Forces if possible to do their dirty work. They do not want blood on their hands, they would rather others do it. Sooner or later, you will notice that they are doing, and if try to stand against them, they will have you assassinated.

"However, if I act first, this can all be avoided. And, if I can act with your help, my chances of success are even greater."

(I had a slight Sith-Mind-Trick to this last bit, making my words seem more trustworthy)

6. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    OCC: Sorry guys ... my creative energies haven't been at their fullest recently, so I've been putting off responding.

(Raine)

She blinks at you, her confusion plain on her features ... though you do note that you can't get a reading off her through the Force. She also jerks back from you, trying to dislodge the amulet from your hands - the reaction seems almost involuntary.

"It's my royal seal. Why should I believe that you haven't kidnapped me?"

(Runal)

OCC: Hey - sarcasm is in my job description! :p

The guard at the gate is only too happy to allow you through - you guess that he figures you'd be ash before you could try anything ... a fact that makes you all too aware of how good the security must be here.

You're taken by hovercar to the front entrance of the mansion itself, where you are met by an expensively dressed human, "The Lady does not usually meet visitors this early ... but she's about ready to rise now. It's not unknown for her to meet the odd unschedualed diplomat while she takes breakfast. Would this be acceptable ... providing the Lady permits?"

(Vegetia)

You whip out your sabre, igniting both blades, and skillfully scythe down both guards before either has had a chance to react. You hug against the wall so that the e-web is unable to track down on you.

Having no other options available, you slice your way through the heavily-reinforced door, allowing you into the entrance foyer beyond. A single, unarmed technician looks up at you in bewilderment, "What the hell is going on here?"

(Bombatta)

The chancellor leans back, his brows furrowed in contemplation, "You've not given me reason to distrust you before. What do you need of me?"

7. Zaster_Reine

Zaster_Reine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2002
    OOC: Hey KE, I odn't mean to pry or anything...but I'll do it anyway. Are you gonna give us some instructions or do you want us to convers more?

8. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Zaster)

OCC: I figured Gai-Jin wus gonna say/do something intelligent. Perhaps I was wrong ... I'll bug him via PM.

9. Gai-Jin

Gai-Jin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: Oh? Intelligent, what? She said she wanted to go, and I said ok. You want me to fight her? ;) )

10. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Gai-Jin and Zaster)

OCC: Anyhoo ...

You arrive at the hangar with plenty of time for the traditional tedium of a customs check. Having passed this (why it is that they never kick up a fuss over unlicenced lightsabres is far beyond my capacity), you settle in for a joy-joy filled space voyage, with a promise of smooth sailing all the way to Corellia.

OCC: But since I like to be difficult ...

Revjik is a jovial little Sullustan ... several hours in a shuttle with him are enough to make the two of you almost willing to test your piloting skills in the event of him accidentally falling out an air-lock ... As you sit and listen to him jabber away about his grandmothers waknar sauce (whatever the heck that is!) you feel the entire shuttle shudder as it is forcibly ripped from hyperspace by an unmarked gravity shadow.

Your annoying pilot chitters in alarm, as the sensors reveal a heavily modified bulk freighter to your port, along with an enourmous asteroid ... presumably the source of the gravity well your ship is now caught in.

The comm crackles to life, transmitting a message from someone with a gravely bass voice, "This is Colonel Farnik of the Hent Alliance freighter Collosus. Lower your shields and prepare to be boarded."

On the scope, an asult shuttle detaches from the sensor reading of the freighter, on a course for your ship.

You're in a transport shuttle ... good legs, a pair of laser cannons, enough shielding to withstand a few blasts - though if that freighter means buisness, you'll be liquid metal in seconds.

Do you wish to try your luck at running, or prepare for a boarding party?

11. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    OOC: Sure are a lot of player encountering opposition.... ;)

Although we have small armor, ther is no way we are a match for that freighter.

"For now, I suggest we let them board. Perhaps we can convince them that whatever they are looking for is not here."

And if not, perhaps Zaster and I can get a small - well needed - workout. With that thought, I slip into Rage.

12. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    OCC: This is like a Choose Your Own Adventure book! I'll turn to page 43.

"Well, you better remember this moment cause for this once, I agree with you. There is no way this ship can handle that firepower, so our best option is to let them board. Hopefully, they don't want much."

-My hand goes to my lightsaber hilt, just in case they want to get messy. I have run out of patience.-

13. Runal_Sytal

Runal_Sytal Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    "I don't see any problem with it, in fact that should do just fine."

14. -Raine-

Dec 19, 2002
    I'm tempted to tear off her 'royal seal' just for kicks.

However ... I settle for tightening my grip on it slightly. I turn it over in my hand, studying it. I can feel the dark side emanating from it. Interesting.

I let it drop back down. Perhaps I'll question her about it further later. I stand up and lean against a nearby wall.

Perhaps it's time to challenge her a little and call her bluff ... if she is bluffing. Worth a try.

"You flew in through the window last night, I'm guessing following your pet here," I say curtly, gesturing to Narp. "You probably wanted to kill us or something along those lines. Ring a bell?" I give her a glare.

(OOC - Kija ... feel free to drop in anytime. It's not like I have a plan ...)

15. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Gai-Jin and Zaster)

OCC: Page 43 leads you to an untimely demise at the hands of the dreaded three-headed knight ... but since all smart choose-your-own-adventure readers keep a finger in the previous page, you manage to avoid this horrible fate! :p

Scene 17: Our heroes are boarded by unknown aggressors!

<gasp>

Gai-Jin stands, quacking with barely controlled anger, the whites of his eyes showing, and sporting a very manly bit of foam at the side of his mouth. Zaster strikes a heroic pose, her hand sitting on the hilt of her lightsabre, the very picture of "Xena Warrior Princess meets insane lightsabre-wielding Force-sensitive Commando chick". Revjik tries to hide under the pilots seat. The airlock cycles open, revealing an enourmous human male, bearded and barrell-chested, holding a blaster rifle at ready. He is flanked by three adult wookies, all with bowcasters pointed over his shoulders.

Bearded and barrell-chested man holding a blaster rifle: I am Colonel Farnik. This shuttle now belongs to me. If you'd please make your way to the escape pod, we'll be sure to transmit a message to search and rescue once we're safely out of the system.

16. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: This may be difficult to follow... [face_devil] )

Having lost patience, and tapping into my pent-up frustrations of late, I stride towards them, mumbling something about an offical diplomat en route to Correlia, and about halfway to the door, I ask,
    "On whose authority can you claim this vessel?" while I blind the minds eye and summon a Dark Double in my place just waiting as if for an answer - I slip off to the side of the door ready to beat the living poo doo out of them.

Mentally to Zaster - "I am in position - wait for the big man to go down and then have at the wookies."

It's go time.

17. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    -I stiffle a laugh after I hear him annouce his name: Farnik. I quickly return to the matter at hand and watch Sa'rn, without actually watching him. You know, so Farnik and the Wookies don't get suspisious. Anyway, I get his mental message and smile slightly. This might be fun. I look at Farnik.-

"Answer the guy."

18. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Zaster and Gai-Jin)

He shrugs, "I thought 'on the authority of this blaster rifle' would be sufficient ... though the bowcasters could also have some small status here."

The small group do that thing where they push forward their weapons, and then bring them back exactly as they were ... as if you hadn't noticed them!

19. Master-Mishima

Master-Mishima Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    (OOC: A little more directness? ;) )

I focus on a direct strike to the mans' throat. Goals include disarming him, and/or beating him into submission. Again, I will not draw my saber until I deem it needed.

20. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    <ahem>

MM ... your sock fell off ...

21. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    (OOC: AHA! I knew it was you!)

I wait for him to get on with the show and I keep an eye on those wookies.

22. Gai-Jin

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: [homer]D'oh![/homer]
    Takes a lot of energy to be as special as me. At least I didnt put in my manual sig.)

23. -Raine-

Dec 19, 2002
    (OOC - *puts up KE beacon*)

24. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    (OOC:I must definatly be the last one to know things, because I didn't know we had an RPG. I'm so going to be in this, but not right now, I'm too tired, it's 2:15 in the morning)

25. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    ATTENTION: ALL GAMERS

This is a profound appology from your GM ... savour it, 'cause you won't see it often. RL has been really crazy the last few weeks (crazy in a good way, but crazy none-the-less), and I have therefore been unable to game with you guys.

That said, I'm pretty buggered right now, so I'm really not up to making a gaming post at this moment. I do, however, promise to do so in the next few days.

Thanx guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.