1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - The New Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PadmesHairstylist, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    OCC: As promised!

    (Runal)

    The expensively dressed human gives you a nod, and scurries off, presumably to make arrangements.

    You have not been waiting long before you sense a strong wave of alarm coming from the house ... clearly, something is very wrong.

    (Raine + Kija)

    She looks at Narp, as though seeing him for the first time, and blinks, "What is that? I've certainly never seen anything like it before! It probably bites!" Suddenly, her attention snaps from the Ewok, back to Raine, "Flew? Are you some kind of idiot? You could make your story somewhat believable!"

    (Gai-Jin + Zaster)

    Gai-Jin's finely honed skills in unarmed combatancy serve him well, as he brings in a two-fingered blow against the man's windpipe. His eyes bulge, and he falls to his knees, clutching his throat.

    However, the distraction of multi-taking, does cause his Force-powered illusions to dissolve, bringing him under the eyes of three towering and very angry wookies. The closest wraps his massive hands around your throat, the bowcaster swinging to his side, momentarily forgotten.

    (Sunrider)

    Your fighter is pulled abruptly out of hyperspace, waking you from your Jedi Hybernation Trance far too early. You quickly stretch out with your senses, as you visually assess the situation.

    The sensors reveal a heavily modified bulk freighter to your port, along with an enourmous asteroid. You also note an assault shuttle docked with the transport shuttle you had been following, and you sense an altercation within.

    Your duty is clear ... a Jedi is primarily a protector, and clearly those aboard the shuttle need protection. You're in a single pilot snubfighter, armed with two blaster cannons and six proton torpedoes ... this is going to take all your skill as a Jedi and a pilot if it comes to taking on that freighter.

    Do you wish to attempt boarding the shuttles, to help those within, or open communications (and possibly hostilities)with the frieghter?
  2. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    Alright, now I'm mad.

    My right hand snaps up and tightens on her throat. "I don't appreciate being called an idiot," I say softly and menacingly.

    I grab her amulet with my other hand and snap it off with a quick jerk of my wrist. Let's see how she likes that.

    I tighten my grip on her throat. "If you want to continue living, you would be wise not to piss me off. Is that understood?"

  3. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003


    OOC: Do you wish to attempt boarding the shuttles, to help those within, or open communications (and possibly hostilities)with the frieghter? Attempt to board.

    IC: I suddenly jolted out of my hybernation trance as I crashed out of hyperspace. I blinked while rubbing sleep sand out of my eyes. I glanced at the chrono clock, noting that I was only in my hibernation sleep for two days and I still had another day and half to go. Its too early to be out of my hiberbation trance. I thought to myself. I glanced at my scanners noting that someone had pulled me out. Wonderful, I thought sarcastically, I looked over to my port side and noticed a freighter that was sitting near a large asteroid being boarded by the... I kept my jaw from dropping, one look at the signature coming from the assault shuttle told me this was the ship I had been following. Well this was going to turn out to be an interesting day. I stretched out feeling the people inside, wondering if... I began to power up my canons, as I slowly approached the freighter wondering if I should board the ship or try and negociate from out here. As a Jedi I wanted to board the ship.

    My mind made up I slowly approached the freighter getting ready to land my fighter.

    OOC: I hope this is ok KE

  4. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    Noting the weapon slip out of the wookie's hands, I silently muse that wookie rhymes with rookie.. and the fact that I am in Zaster's line of fire.

    (OOC: I am not sure what you deem as allowed, so here are 2 scenarios and you can tell me which is better.)

    A - Quickly, focusing on the wookie's left arm, I grab it's wrist with my left hand and keeping pressure on it, apply counter pressure to it's elbow with my other hand (in effect, using it's arm as a lever to bring it down). In so doing, I double-over, on top of the wookie, and snap my head towards Zaster, "Any time you're ready.."

    I will hold this wookie in this position until he is the last on alive, or until he refuses to let me do so. In either case, the pressure on it's elbow makes it clear that I can snap it backwards in a heartbeat.

    B - I snap both my hands over the wookies' holing them in place. Beginning with a snap kick to it's midsection, I fall backwards with it's momentum bringing both feet up into the wookie's stomach, and flip it over my head.

    Glancing up at Zaster as I rise from the floor I remark "This is a good oppotunity for you to strike."

    I will continue my attacks on the downed wookie.
  5. Master_Bombatta Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Jan 23, 2003
    "I need only a few things, Chancelor. First, secrecy. Let no one know that we have talked. If the Jedi know I've been here, you're life could be in danger. Secondly, I will need a line of communication to you. If you have an intellegence officer, someone you trust who has no ties to the Jedi, have him contact me here"

    I slip an encoded comm frequency address across the desk towards the chancelor.

    "The last thing I need is your promise that you will let me deal with the Jedi as need be. This is a matter of the Force. The Republic should not get involved, neither politically nor militarly. The will of the force will be done, so it must remain amongst those who understand the force."

    "So, chancelor, what do you say?"

    (add a very slight and subtle sith-mind-trick to, again, make myself sound trustworthy -- nothing too strong, because I want the chancelor to agree to this of his own free will).
  6. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    (Raine)

    OCC: Remember what I've said about making too many major actions in a row? ie. I'm ignoring this line completely: I tighten my grip on her throat. "If you want to continue living, you would be wise not to piss me off. Is that understood?"

    As you tear the amulet from her neck, what can only be described as dark light bursts forth through the gaps in your fingers. A searing pain burns into your hand, and runs up your arm like a jolt of pure electricity. You remain transfixed, as pure dark Force energy fills your body, and the knowledge of ancient dark arts fills your mind.

    As suddenly as it began, the surge of power halts, and you are amazed to find yourself floating above the ground, the amulet now around your neck. Lady Vraatnix is once again unconcious.

    GM CHARACTER UPDATE:

    For as long as you are in possession of the amulet: You now have five (5) more power points to choose new powers with. You also automatically have the power Flight. In addition to this, you have gained the skill Strategics. (Send me a PM to inform me of your new chosen powers.)

    (Sunrider)

    OCC: Holy s#$%! I meant boarding the shuttle ... but I guess we can work with this ...

    Your comm comes alive, "Unidentified fighter, please state your intentions." Your astromech tootles in alarm as your scanners pick up several turbolaser batteries tracking onto your ship ... but they don't fire yet.

    (Gai-Jin + Zaster)

    OCC: Going with option one.

    Gai-Jin's maneuver helps him to topple the wookie ... the bigger they are, yadda, yadda, yadda. This, however, does leave him in a bear-hug with a wookie ... he feels (and hears) a poping in his chest, as several of his ribs give way under the enourmous pressure.

    Zaster has a clear lin-of-sight on the other wookies.

    (Bombatta)

    The Chancellors face is very serious, and he remains silent for a long time. Finally, he speaks, "Bombatta ... you must understand that what you are asking is extremely dangerous, for both me and the Republic." He pauses, rising to pace the room. "Few give thought to the ancient Sith wars, thinking them more fable than history ... but I must think of them now. I can't support you if there is any chance that this internal conflict will turn out a galactic disaster of that magnitude ... and you Force-wielders aren't exactly the types to keep things small. Do you understand my fears?"
  7. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - Oops, sorry [face_blush]. Didn't realize that the amulet was gonna be important)

    The power fills me, making me feel invincible. This is good, however it's not what I thought would happen at all. I glance down at the floor, noting that I'm floating ... although I'm not too sure how, or why.

    I stare down at the blue lady. Apparantly she DID depend on the amulet, I muse absentmindedly. So, the possesion theory might have some merit.

    But then that might happen to me. This isn't good. I land gently on the ground (OOC - I can do that, right? If not, disregard the rest ...). Grasping the amulet in one hand, I attempt to pull it off above my head.

    (Last OOC - I'm not too sure what I just got myself into ...)
  8. Kija_Reyko Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    I stare at the unconscious woman and then up at Raine. I wish I could figure out what that amulet is about, but I'm not sure I want to now.

    This can't be good.
  9. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - Ah, you're here! :) Well, I don't know what it's about either. I'm not sure what I just got myself into :p)

  10. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - Actually, come to think of it ... I might have the wrong idea there.)

    I hesitate midway through trying to pull the amulet off, my mind racing. I don't know how the amulet works, but while she DID depend on it it's possible that she was lying, and very convincingly. Since we couldn't get a reading off her through the Force, it's very possible. The more I think of it, the more likely it seems. Feign ignorance, and get away with it. She could have if I didn't yank the amulet off.

    But if she was pretending to know nothing, why do that? To hide the amulet's power, maybe, but she doesn't have much to back up her story ... there has to be another reason. Why break in, anyway?

    I lower my hand to my side, frowning. Wheels within wheels ...

    (OOC - I just love these comments :p. Ok, I'll shut up now)
  11. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    As I slowly approached the freighter and the assault shuttle, my comm crackled and a male voice filled my cockpit. "Unidentified fighter, state your intentions."

    Sparks squealed in alarm as I looked over my scanners, I was picking up several turbo laser batteries powering up and targeting my fighter. "Relax sparks." I said as I hit the reply button.

    "This is Commander Seris from the Republic Military, I have a message for Colonel Farnik from the Chancellor." I answered wondering if they would swallow my story.

    OOC: I hope this is ok, I'm still learning the rules on an RP game. The ones I have been in were nothing like this.
  12. Zaster_Reine Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 23, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC: Is his life in MY hands? I like this game...)

    -I take out my lightsaber and cut off some Wookie legs the I see the Wookie that has fallen apon Sa'rn and pull out my blaster pistol and shoot the darn thing. After that, I use the Force to lift the wookie off Sa'rn.-

    "You still breathing?"

  13. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    (Kija + Raine)

    OCC: Erm ... guys ... that's all very lovery ... but if you'll notice, you haven't really given me any actions to work with here ...

    (Sunrider)

    OCC: Don't forget the 'character knowledge' rule ... while you (ie the gamer) may know the Colonel's name, your character (ie Sunrider) doesn't. Take this into account, and then post a different action.

    (Zaster)

    OCC: Man, you should have proof-read that post! :p

    Your swift action leaves one dead wookie, two howling amputee wookies, a whole lotta wookie blood on the floor, and one sore, but breathing, Cerean. Oh - Farnik is still alive, and rapidly regaining control of his faculties.
  14. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - Lovery? :p More actions to work with then ... um ... I'm outta ideas. Kija? Got a plan? Heh ...)

    The feeling of power seems to have worn off some, altough I can still feel it. Since the Empress (or whatever her title is) is unconscious and it took her the whole night to wake up the last time, I guess I should check out her story.

    (OOC - Can I do a Holonet search here, since Kija might want to see the results? If I can ...)

    I grab my datapad and call up the option for a Holonet search. I type in Vraatnix and Jarshnyk and search keywords.
  15. Zaster_Reine Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 23, 2002
    star 1
    OOC: What did I do wrong? Point it out cause now I'm confused :( If I did someting totally stupid, I appologize.
  16. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    OOC: A jedi is always prepared, how about a fake id?

    As I slowly approached the freighter and the assault shuttle, my comm crackled and a male voice filled my cockpit. "Unidentified fighter, state your intentions."

    Sparks squealed in alarm as I looked over my scanners, I was picking up several turbo laser batteries powering up and targeting my fighter. "Relax sparks." I said as I hit the reply button ready to use my fake ID that I had made up at the last planet I was at.

    "This is Commander Seris from the New Republic Military, I'm here on official business, prepare to be boarded."

    OOC: Direct and possibilty the dumbest approach ever.
  17. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    Rising, growls "Stupid rookies."

    I grab the blaster rifle Farnik has dropped, and level it at him. Offhandley to Zaster, "Kill the wookies. We dont need that incessant howling." And to Farnik,

    "Now, on the authority of this blaster rifle, why are you bothering us?"
  18. Zaster_Reine Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 23, 2002
    star 1
    -I sigh-

    "Fine, but next time, say please."

    -I take out my blaster pistol and saddly quickly kill the Wookies. Anything that is annoying Sa'rn is a friend of mine :p -
  19. Vegetia Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2003
    I use the force on the technician hoping that it will have any effecit on him.
  20. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    (Raine)

    Processing request ...

    (Sunrider)

    There is a long pause ... clearly, there's a lot of talking going on aboard the ship. Finally, a reply comes through, "Sorry for the delay, Commander Seris. We're preparing a reception committee to meet you now. Close to 200 meters, power down your systems, and we'll tractor you into our hangar."

    (Zaster + Gai-Jin)

    Farnik glares balefully up at you, "What, are you stupid? Do you know how much a good transport shuttle goes for?"

    (Vegetia)

    OCC: Welcome back - thought you'd forgotten about us!

    With a subtle wave of your hand, you plant your suggestion into the technicians mind, "Everything is fine, go back to your work. I'm not even here."

    His face becomes blank, and he turns back to his terminal, oblivious to your presence. This leaves you essentially alone in the control room - you're not even sure if anyone has yet to notice the altercation at the front door ... you might continue to explore the hangar, or you could start figuring a way to get out of it.
  21. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    I waited as a long pause took hold on the other side. I had a feeling they wouldn't swallow my story. The com crackled and I found myself holding my breath. "Sorry about the long delay Commander Seris. We're preparing a reception committee to meet you now. Close to 200 meters, power down your systems and we'll tractor you into our hanger."

    I breathed a sigh of relief, I wondered what would happen if they found out I was a Jedi Master and not a real commander. "I copy." I replied as I began to prepare myself to be landed by their tractor beam.

    I powered down my systems as I closed to 200 meters. I felt a jolt as the tractor beam took hold and I let myself be pulled into the hanger bay.
  22. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    (OCC: Can I feel the apporaching Jedi at all?)

    What is this guy serious?
    I dont buy it - there must be more behind this attack. While a good transport vessel is a nice thing to have, I dont think a military freighter would attack us just for that.

    Mentally to Zaster, "I dont know how we can get away from this ship unscathed, having taken a ranking officer captive. I suppose we could try to take over the ship... but I dont want to. Give me a little backup here."

    Sarcastically to Farnik, "See what happens when you don't plan ahead?" I swivel the muzzel of the rifle and press it to his temple as I ask, "Last chance - why are bothering us?"
  23. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    OOC: umm no, sorry but I've been concealing my real presence. This should be interesting
  24. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC: I wasnt asking you. ;) )
  25. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    OCC: Quiet, both of you! :p And, no - you can't sense the Jedi's presence.

    (Sunrider)

    Your fighter is drawn into the depths of the ships hangar, and a sudden feeling of foreboding grows in you. As you settle to the deck, you can see that you are surrounded by a large circle of armed troops, complete with an assault vehicle - there's no way you'll survive if you power up your fighters weapons. One of the men on the hangar deck is waving for you to exit your fighter, and you are acutely aware of the blasters pointed at you.

    NOTE: Sunrider, just gonna remind you not to post too many cause-effect actions - just tell me the very next thing you're going to do, and what you're planning after that ... we'll see how it goes from there.

    (Gai-Jin)

    Finally, distress is clear on Farnik's face, "What?! I just told you exactly why we're 'bothering you'! What more do you want from me?!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.