1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - The New Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PadmesHairstylist, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC: Yes, O furry one! ;) )

    Ok.. Perhaps a slightly different line of questioning.

    "Honest, complete, precise answers are your only way out of this. Exactly why would an armed freighter be interested in this transport ship? Surely you have plenty of your own here or at your base? Also, who is in charge of this ship and who does he report to?"

    (OOC: Zaster?)
  2. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    OOC: Thank you oh furry one, and I'll try and rememeber that for the future

    As my fighter was drawn into the depths of the hangar, a sudden feeling of foreboding settled into the pit of my stomach. I looked out of the cockpit window and noted that I was surrouned by armed troops complete with an assault shuttle? Well this didn't look good. Theres no way I will survive without powering up my weapons. I looked over to my port and noted that one of the men was waving for me to get out of the fighter. I also noticed that several blasters were pointed at me. I don't think so.

    OOC: Can I shoot the men around me, climb out of the cockpit and face the man with my lightsaber in my hand?
  3. Runal_Sytal Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    Well what do you want me to do about the alarm? After five minutes of listening to the alarm and nothing happening, Runal, walks out of the room to try to find somebody in charge, so that he may ask them about this alarm, and what is going on.
  4. Vegetia Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2003
    I look around the hanger to see if there is anything of use.
  5. Zaster_Reine Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 23, 2002
    star 1
    OOC: Sorry. I'm here...

    -I send a mental message to Sar'in-

    Well, we have him hostage, so perhaps we can stage something to get information from the source. Have him send a message to his boss indicating everything is fine. What else can we do?

    OCC: Ok, now this is gonna sound VERY stupid probably, but forgive me; I've haven't been mentally "here" for a few weeks. What's this about a Jedi?

  6. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    OOC: Thats for KE and me to know, you'll find out eventually. Oh and btw my character is female ;)
  7. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - You're a girl? With that icon and all, I thought you were a guy. :p Oh, up, by the way)
  8. Zaster_Reine Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 23, 2002
    star 1
    OOC: Up. So, what's going on with this?
  9. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
  10. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    Mentally to Zaster, Here we go..

    To the Colonol, "I am still waiting on that name, soldier."

  11. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
  12. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    can't wait up and up we go
  13. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - Great :D. I'm lookin forward to getting back to RPing :D)
  14. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    *puts up KE homing beakon*

  15. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    OOC - *boosts power to homing beacon*
  16. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC: You still alive, KE?)
  17. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    Sorry guys ... I'm alive, but RL has been real distracting! So, here is the long awaited post:

    (Raine + Kija)

    Holonet Search Result(s):

    Vraatnix

    Refers to the ancient royal matriachal lineage of the planet Jarshnyk. An assumed name taken by the female ruling head of the family - all such rulers have been known as 'Empress Vraatnix', regardless of their respective birth-names. These powerful planetary leaders have always been regarded by the locals to be embibed with mystical powers, a fact that leads them to be both revered ... and feared.

    Jarshnyk

    Small primitive planet ruled by an ancient royal matriachal family. Remained unchanged under the firm ruling hand of the 'magical' Empresses, the landing of glactic explorers threw the planets stability into turmoil. Empowered with new ideas of freedom and individuality, a group of natives overthrew the royal family, forcing the current Empress Vraatnix to flee into exile.

    (Gai-Jin + Zaster)

    The Colonel sighs in frustration, "Knowing her name won't help you ... and if I told you, my life would be forfeit anyway." He's serious - you can tell that he'd rather die here at your hands, then later at his mysterious leader's. "As for why we want your shuttle ... I told you: it's worth a bundle."

    (Sunrider)

    There's no way you can power up your fighter's waepons without being obliterated ... and the prospect of taking so many out with a blaster is ridiculous.

    However, not to be entirely robbed of a brilliant display, you pop the hatch, and leap down to the deck, and stand before the man ... the tip of your lightsabre held less than an inch from his throat.

    OCC: Congratulations! You now have your very own leverage for negotiation! :D)

    (Runal)

    OCC: NOTE: It was a sense of alarm, not a physical, beeping, one! :p

    You leave the room to find the house in chaos. Stopping one of the randomly running lackies, you question him as to what's going on.

    He naturally assumes that you have some kind of authority, and is therefore quite helpful, "The Lady Vraatnix has been kidnapped!" With that, he runs off in the same aimless hysteria that seems to have engulfed the entire household.

    (Vegetia)

    You look around the hangar. There's some usual, hangary-type stuff, like tools and spare parts. And then there's the Jedi Envoy's transport ... deserted, but with the hatch hanging wide open. You also notice a row of swoops by a maintenance crew door on the other side of the hangar.

    It won't be long before this hangar fills with security personell ... you could:

    Steal a swoop, and hope to make your escape that way;

    Steal the Jedi Transport, and blast straight off planet ... 'cause there won't be any returning while you're in a stolen vehicle that big; or

    Try to hide under a hydrospanner.

    (Bombatta, Parg)

    Feel like posting sometime? ;)

    OCC: And now, will you all please welcome our newest Gamer: Zara Windrider!

    (Zara)

    Whoever said you can't make money from sabre-duelling?

    A roar fills the stadium in which you stand. You don't even remember what planet you are on. You've been to so many in your endless quest for the teachings of the Dark Side, that you've lost all track of space and time.

    But a quest for knowledge will neither clothe you, nor fill your belly ... and you've always felt that using your skills for petty theivery was beneath you. So, earn a living you must.

    One must live.

    Your sabre hums with angry fire, parting a Tradoshan's head from his body, even as you twirl to slice the legs from under an enraged wookie. There have been so many opponants, but numbers are meaningless. There is only the Dark Side of the Force.

    With an artistic twirl, you bury your sabres blade through the back of the throat of you final opponant - a snarling Selonian. A roaring fills your ears, and it eclipses the roar of blood, as your Force-induced rage departs. It is the roar of the crowd.

    They love the violence. The art. The blood. Many have watched these barbaric games with delight, b
  18. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    Speaking very calmly, blaster leveled at the colonel's face,
    "Send a message to the bridge that everything is under control. Mention anything out of the ordinary, and the last thing you will see is the color of your brains."

    Rises to a standing position.

    "Then you are going to show us how to get there."
  19. Vegetia Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2003
    *I take one of the swoop bikes and make a run for it. Knowing that if I don't get out of there know I will be found.*
  20. _Sunrider_ Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2003
    OOC: Thanks

    IC: I look around me as I slowly raise my arms to pop open the cockpit everyone was waiting for me to make my move. I slowly stand up as my hand brushs against my lightsaber, I stretch out with the force and jump out of the cockpit snatching my lightsaber off my belt igniting it as I land in front of the person I have been following. I point my lightsaber at his throat. "One move and he gets it." I warned with a growling tone.

  21. Killer Ewok Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 23, 1999
    star 5
    (Gai-jin + Zaster)

    OCC: As it has been a while, I'll forgive if you've made a memory error - but note that you are still aboard your own transport ... docked with an assault shuttle. However, in the interest of keeping the game moving, I'll assume you remembered this (whether you did or not), and respond appropriately.

    The Colonel nods in understanding. He thumbs on his comm, and delivers a brief message, "Farnik here. Transport passified. Permission to bring her over?"

    An icy female voice replies, "Granted, Colonel. Bring your prize aboard."

    Farnik switches the comm off, "Yer never gonna get off the Collosus alive. But it's yer funeral!"

    In order to bring both shuttles aboard the freighter, Farnik needs to slave your shuttles controls to his, and pilot from there. Do you all go aboard his shuttle?

    NOTE: Since I took so long in posting, I'll remind you that your annoying sullustan pilot is still cowering under the pilot seat.

    (Vegetia)

    You burst into sunlight on a misbegotten swoop, and feel the hairs on the back of your neck raise as blaster bolts come far too close for your liking. You're barely a block away when you hear the sound of pursuing swoops behind.

    You'll have to shake them ... do you:

    Gain altitude, and hope to loose them in speeder traffic?

    Continue on lower street levels, and attempt to shake pursuit through cunning piloting?

    (Sunrider)

    OCC:the person I have been following. Odd wording ... if you're under the impression that this is your original quarry, then you are incorrect. If it's just odd wording, then my mistake.

    The man seems oddly unperturbed, glancing nonchalantly at the blade, "I'm no-one of importance. Kill me ... but I assure you will be dead before my body hits the floor."
  22. -Raine- Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    star 1
    (OOC - Erm ... crap. I don't remember what I was gonna do with that info. :p)

    I frown down at my datapad display. Basically, all it says is that the planet Jarshnyx is some backwater ruled by a Force-sensitive matriarchal family. Absently, I reach up to toy with the amulet around my neck. Obviously, this trinket is part of the source to their power ... some sort of amplifier, perhaps? I don't think that it would do them any good if they weren't trained at all, so they must know some Force skills.

    That could potentially make our captive a rather dangerous person. Not really dangerous enough to harm us, of course ... but powerful enough to be an inconvenience.

    I sigh. More pieces to the puzzle. Then something occurs to me ... unless she just moved to this planet, which I think is unlikely, that means she might have attacked a few others before we captured her.

    I clear the datapad for another search, this time restricted to Corellia''s local enforcement files. I type in a request for information about unsolved break-ins, murders, and so on. Hopefully, I can get into the records ... or I could just slice my way in.

    (OOC - And I think I could've revealed my real identity with this post ...)
  23. Runal_Sytal Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 19, 2002
    "The Lady Vraatnix has been kidnapped", well that gives me a name for the suspect, but I thought the suspect was the fuzzball. What could this Lady have to do with the pipe wielding fuzzball. Still more questions than answers. It seems my only choice of action would be to try to follow someone who looks that they know what they are doing.
  24. Vegetia Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2003
    I stay low to the street using my skills of piloting and the force.
  25. Gai-Jin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2002
    star 1
    I think we should all go aboard. Makes it less suspicious. Zaster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.