main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - The New Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PadmesHairstylist, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaster_Reine

Zaster_Reine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2002
    -I sigh and think to myself All I wanted was to get off a planet and onto another one. Is that so much to ask.-

"As much as I like that idea, I don't think our pilot is going to move any time soon. And we can't exactly drag him with us. Besides, once they find him, they will no doubt kill him; one of us should stay with him."

OOC: I'm still catching up a bit, forgive me if I'm not "going with the flow"

2. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    (Raine)

OCC: I have neither the time nor the creative inspiration at the moment to make up a full report file here ... so I've cheated, and used what bits I have written already. Sorry, but it's the best I can do ... hopefully, you haven't been paying too much attention to the actions of your fellow gamer, Runal, and this will all be news to you.

Slicing your way through the CorSec's security, you come up with one particularly interesting file - labeled:

'Possible Jedi serial killer'

Info is (approximately) as follows:

The first case involved a single decapitated Bith, found by cleaning staff at the Corellian Royale hotel. Coroners' reports revealed that the victim had been in fact murdered with a lightsabre. Jedi Council insists that a Jedi could not possibly be responsible for the attack, and its later counterparts, but evidence suggests the attacker has skill manipulating the mystical energy field known as the Force.

The file then has a hell of a lot of reports, boring stuff filed by even more boring CorSec officers.

<insert material for four other such cases HERE>

Every place where a murder has been committed has been a rented or a temporary dwelling - usually hotels or appartments. Also, there have been no human victims.

Most recent case, marked the previous day:

Three bodies. Very little blood - wounds are cauterised. One selonian female, sliced in half. One bothan male, decapitated. One female bothan, 'neat' hole in torso. This could only have been done by a lightsabre.

(Runal)

Unfortunately, the pandemonium that has engulfed the household seems complete ... no-one really seems to know what they're doing.

This is puzzling ... it's almost as if their kidnapped Mistress was all that stood between them and their complete loss of sanity.

As far as you can gather, no-one has even bothered to call the local authorities in.

(Vegetia)

OCC: Don't have enough time right now to write a full chase scene ... don't worry, tho. I'll write it up and post it ASAP!

(Gai-Jin + Zaster)

OCC: Gai-Jin? Is that okay? Who will go in which shuttle?

3. -Raine-

-Raine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2002
    Again, I find myself staring at the screen. I expected that she would've done this sort of thing before, but that's quite a record. Six murder cases - more, if you go by body count. And with no obvious reason whatsoever, aside from wanting to rid the city of non-humans who rented places to stay. But if that was her goal, she picked a really slow way to do it.

For a moment, I consider calling up a full report on the most recent case and going to investigate. I'm not sure just why this interests me so much. But we don't have anything to do in the week before the meeting, so I have no reason not to.

I put in a request for more information, then change my mind and instead access the civil records. I want to know where our blue alien stays and when she got here. That would probably be a more direct route to information than investigating crime scenes.

(OOC - Sorry for making you come up with so much stuff, KE. :p)

4. Gai-Jin

Gai-Jin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    (OOC: Darth RL is a merciless master.)

"Sounds good to me. Since I have the rifle on the good colonel, I'll go with him, shall I? You can sit here with our 'fearless' pilot?" ;)

5. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    "Sounds fine to me."

-Sits next to the piolot and relaxes-

"Take your time."

6. Runal_Sytal

Runal_Sytal Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    Great now I'm in a nut house. Well, you should be able to fit in. But perhaps this confusion could give me an opportunity to explore this place to some detail.

7. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Up! :)

*yes, I'm too lazy to login as my sock. :p

8. _Sunrider_

_Sunrider_ Jedi Master

Apr 22, 2003
    I watched for the mans reactions but he seemed oddly unperturbed, he glaned down at the blade I had against his throat. "I'm no-one of importance. Kill me... but I assure you will be dead before my body hits the floor."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "If you say so, but I would rather you take me to the captain of that assault shuttle"

OCC: Its odd wording and I didn't catch it in time. Umm is this ok or did you want something else?

9. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Raine + Kija)

She stays ...

<gasp>

... in a house! :eek:

DUM-DUM-DAH!

<ahem>

Turns out (surprise, surprise) that this little blue Force-wielding chick is kinda loaded ... as in, mansion-with-giant-yard-and-lotsa-rich-people-things kinda loaded.

You now have her address.

She has been on planet for five years.

(Gai-Jin)

Your charge is such a little charmer ... he manages to go at least five minutes without insulting you or your heriatage during the whole voyage!

However, he's a co-operative little charmer ... the trip to the Collosus is uneventful, and Farnik brings his shuttle aboard smoothly.

Farnik chuckles, "Don't s'pose you remembered that you can't co-ordinate a plan of action with the other shuttle without letting everyone on board know that you're broadcasting a comm signal from an 'empty' shuttle?"

NOTE: Projective Telepathy is not responding at the moment. Please leave a message after the tone. Have a nice day. :p

There's some kind of commotion going on across the hangar ... you swear that you can see a lightsabre blade, partially obscured by a crowd of armed soldiers.

(Zaster)

You manage to coax the sullustan from under the pilot seat, and lock him in a cupboard for 'his own safety'. The wookie corpses are really beginning to smell.

Your shuttle ride is uneventful, and you find yourself parked alongside the other shuttle.

You attempt to send a telepathic message to Gai-Jin ... only to discover that you are unable to do so! You swear as you realise that if you try to contact him via comm, you'll tell the whole place that there's someone inside this shuttle.

There's some kind of commotion going on across the hangar ... you swear that you can see a lightsabre blade, partially obscured by a crowd of armed soldiers.

(Sunrider)

He grimaces at the blade, then answers, "I assure you, you were heading straight to our Commander, regardless of threats on your part."

The whine of repulsorlifts fills the hangar, as the two assault shuttles dock in the hangar. You sense your quarry aboard ... seperate shuttles!

(Runal)

It's pretty much a great big house. Two floors, lots of rooms.

You find:

a couple of dining rooms,
    a grandoise reception chamber,
    an enviable entertainment room,
    a large number of lesser bedrooms,
    a cavernous kitchen,
    a bathroom you could house a family in,
    and
    a master bedroom you could house a village in.

What do you want to look at more carefully?

(Vegetia)

You power through the streets, your swoop growling beneath you like a selonian wild cat. You can hear your pursuit in the distance.

Opening up the throttle, you dive down a main street, keeping low to the ground, and attuning your senses for signs of you chasers. It's not long before you get all the signs you need - a blaster bolt zings past your ear.

You come to an intersection:

Go forward, along the road you've been speeding down?

Hang a right towards the centre of the city?

Hang a left towards the outskirts of the city?

10. -Raine-

Dec 19, 2002
    Somehow, I'm not surprised - she does claim to be an Empress. Quickly, I memorise the address and stow the datapad in a handy pocket. I stand up and head for the door, snagging my coat on the way there. I'm not sure just what I hope to find by going there, only that it's better than staying here for a week staring at a blue-skinned maniac who won't answer our questions.

I pause at the doorway. "Kija, I'm going to go investigate our blue girl's place. If you want, you can come, but I think it would be best not to leave her here unguarded. I won't be long, besides, you have my comlink frequency." At that, I turn and stride out the door. If she wants to come, she can follow. No need to wait.

11. Gai-Jin

Gai-Jin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    Smug little military strategist, hmm? To Farnik, "Thats kinda funny, is it?"
    I smack the top of the colonel's head in disgust.

I will trust Zaster to follow our original plan, which entails us getting to the bridge. "Colonel, it isnt I who is going to get her out of the shuttle, it is you." Jabs the muzzle into Farnik's chest, "Get your men moving. I want 2 of them to get inside the shuttle with the pretense of unloading some cargo - whomever is usually the least armed. I would hate to think of you leading my friend into danger down there so," touches the muzzle to his temple, "you and I will sit here until she comes out." Maybe.

Noticing the commotion, "What is all that about, Colonel?"

12. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Raine)

OCC: I could get you lost in the streets of Corellia ... but I'm feeling nice, and you're probably itching for some action after being in that damned room for so many months! So ...

You find yourself at the entrance of a grand estate, which is surrounded by tall, heavily-guarded, walls ... through the gate you can see a massive expanse of grass, and a stately mansion beyond. The cast-iron gates are extremely forbidding, as are the sombre guards flanking either side of them.

Through the Force, you feel ripples of pandemonium from the mansion ... a state which oddly has no effect on the guards, who seem to have no idea that some kind of turmoil has gripped the place they are guarding.

(Gai-Jin)

Farnik shrugs, "I've got about as much of a clue as you do!" He pauses, looking out the view-port, "I tell you one thing, though ... that fighter don't belong to us!"

The fighter he indicates to is fairly slick ... whoever owns it probably has connections!

He carries out the rest of your orders with surprising grace, and you observe two men enter the hangar, and board the shuttle.

OCC: I'm not sure what your plan is ... I hope Zaster can figure it out.

(Zaster)

Two guys board your shuttle. They're more than a little bemused by the presence of an unsuccumbed woman ... naturally, they reach for their blasters ...

13. Runal_Sytal

Dec 19, 2002
    I sure wish my house was like this, thought Runal. I guess it would be best to start in the enviable entertainment room.

14. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    -Sees the guys and suppresses a smile. I gotta keep my cover. Lets see if I can buy some time or at least fool them.-

"Pppppplease, don't hurt me. I was shoved in the cupboard..."

-I use the Force and open to cupboard door, and the piolot falls out, distracting them. I then use the Force to take their blasters.-

OCC: I hope that was ok; I hope I didn't go all "Gamemaster" on ya at the last part.

15. -Raine-

Dec 19, 2002
    (OOC - Great, now to figure out a way to get in past those oblivious guards ... hmmm. Ok, this assumes they haven't seen me yet ... hope that's okay.)

I skulk around for a while, walking around just out of sight of the guards while looking for the best place to get it. After a few minutes, I figure I have two options: over the gate, or over the wall. Not much difference there. I could just walk up to the guards at the gate and make them open the gate for me ... but that might attract too much attention.

Wait ... I could combine those two. I stride up to the gate, timing it so that the wall guards won't notice me for a while. As I approach, I summon the Force to use my handy Sith Mind Trick on those two security types. I give them a smirk, then wave my hand slightly. "I was never here." To add to the effect, I use Projective Telepathy to dampen their curiousity at seeing a girl in a cloak and add a bit of boredom as well.

Hopefully, they're weak-minded enough to take the bait. If it works, I'll have no problem getting over the gate and into the mansion. It should be easy blending into the pandemonium there.

(OOC - Quick note: I don't have a slightest bit of a plan, so ... yeah. :p)

16. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    GAMEPLAY NOTICE

Just adding something new to the game. From now on, an object written in bold italics is an ITEM. You may keep this, if you wish. Add it to your Personal Inventory @ the DLC.

Also, I picked up a copy of the Guide to the Star Wars Universe for seven bucks yesterday, so I'll be using that now and again to add to the game! :D

(Runal)

OCC: Thinking like a true geek, hey? ;)

The Entertainment Room is intimidatingly large. Switching on the holoprojector, you discover that the characters are life-sized. A watcher can literally sit IN the action!

You find a many-buttoned remote control on the nerf-hide sofa situated in the centre of one of the walls. Playing with a few buttons, you learn how to turn on music, adjust the volume, change holovids. One of the buttons is unmarked, and seems to do nothing.

Where to now, Chief?

(Zaster)

OCC: I'll let it slide ... this time. :p

Your ploy succeeds ... you now have in your possession two blaster pistols. The two men look at you in awe ... and fear.

"What the ...? This place is crawling with Jedi!"

(Riane)

Sucess! The two become oblivious to your presence, and you put into use your new powers of levitation to fly over the wall.

Once inside the mansion, you discover that your theory was right ... no-one takes any notice of you in their bizarre crazed panic.

Almost no-one ... a flustered human runs up to you and screams "She's gone!" before racing off in another direction.

Now that you're inside, what do you wish to do?

17. Vegetia

Vegetia Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    I hang a left and go towards the outskirts of the city.

18. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Vegetia)

You make a sharp turn, veering dangerously across traffic down the left road. You hear a resounding 'BOOM' behind you ... at least one of your pursuers wasn't up to the task of executing such a reckless maneuver.

After a minute, the whine of swoops from behind tells you that you're still not out of trouble. You floor the trottle, and careen towards the outskirts of the city.

You come to a T-intersection.

Left or right?

19. _Sunrider_

_Sunrider_ Jedi Master

Apr 22, 2003
    I noticed he was grimacing at the blade, then he answered, "I assure you, you were heading straight to our Commander, regardless of the threats on your part."

"Your men, don't seem to care if you die or not. Order them to put their weapons down." I said cooly just as whine of repulsorlifts fills the hangar bay. I looked over as two assault shuttles docked in the hangar bays, and I could feel my quarry on-board. Things were about to get interesting. I looked at the person I was holding at bay with the tip end of my lightsaber. "Who is the Colornal aboard the one assault shuttle?"

20. -Raine-

Dec 19, 2002
    I shake my head slightly. It's always nice to be right ... but it would also be nice if there was a sane person in this place. I glance around, wondering just what I'm looking for here. Perhaps some files or something on the blue ex-Empress. Those wouldn't be very helpful at all, but I'm curious.

Well, down to business. Getting into files means getting into a computer terminal, which would be ... where? It occurs to me that it would be pretty easy to get lost in a house of this magnitude. Sure, the Jedi Temple was bigger, but that was different. At least there was no pandemonium to muddle things up.

I shrug. She's pretty loaded, so a computer should be pretty easy to find. But finding one that's out of the way would be the tricky bit, since even though nobody notices a person in a cloak, they might pay more attention if said person started to slice into a computer. I head upstairs, since that's where most people have their bedrooms, and she probably has a personal terminal. And that ought to be the one where she keeps all the juicy stuff.

21. Zaster_Reine

Dec 23, 2002
    -I raise and eyebrow when I hear him comment about the Jedi. I then set one of the blasters on stun and stun them both. I search both men to see if there are any acess cards I would need. Then I carfully walk out of the transport.-

"Jedi...interesting. Sar'in better know what he's doing."

22. Vegetia

Vegetia Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    I trun to the right. Then put on the speed.

23. Runal_Sytal

Dec 19, 2002
    adds many-buttoned remote control to inventory (what, I plans for that)

Well Runal nothing here now what do you want to do. You kidding I hit the jackpot in here. We need to check out more rooms, so why not the kitchen? That sounds fine to me.

24. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    (Sunrider)

OCC: Gimme some help, and proofread yer post, will ya? I needed a decoder ring to understand that! :p Also - remember character knowledge ... you don't know there's a colonel aboard! But ... I'll let it slide.

NOTE: FIRE DRILL IN COMPUTER LAB - HOPE TO GET BACK TO EDIT!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.