main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dark Lords of the JCC [v.2.1]

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by jedi-mind-trick, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Evil_Monkey

Darth_Evil_Monkey Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    I am the evilest monkey around.

I ditched my master DaDrunkenJedi because he was a idiot!

So I'm a'lookin' for trouble!

Where do I join?

2. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    You don't.

Erik

3. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    hmmmmm.
    *looks for bounties*

4. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Hello,

I am quietlunatic (ql), and I come with a message from the soon-to-be Forum Firefighters (FoF).

As your rules dictate, the Dark Lords are sincerely committed to the reduction of the spamming/trolling/flaming that is a real issue here. Specifically, Forum Firefighters is geared towards (though not exclusively) for disagreements about the Expanded Universe in relation to the films, because this matter is where many board disagreements start (and degenerate into trolling/flaming).

The policies and guidelines are forthcoming, but rest assured, they are being set up with four representatives from the TF.N administration, four from the Expanded Universe Defense Force, and four from the Exploited Universe to insure equity.

Why am I bothering your group? Genghis12, a representative from the EUDF said, "...if this is to work it must be actively supported and updated. There can't be any 'Oh, I'll get to that FoF thread later on' by people. It needs to be seen as a serious, real tool actively supported by [established] members [and respected threads] to help the community and I think the FoF will be looked-upon as a major positive influence."

FoF's basic rules are similar to yours (but with more about the EU bit), and will be forthcoming. Regardless of you/your group's stance in the EU matter, FoF and I would very much appreciate the Dark Lords' support in improving the boards.

Thank you,
    ql

5. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Did someone say Firfighters? [face_mischief] [face_blush] [face_love]

6. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    LOL Marold. [face_laugh]

~*Senoj*~

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    :eek: I posted outloud again now didn't I? [face_blush] I hate it when I do that, but he mentioned firemen. [face_mischief]

8. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    Not literally. Can I hear a "we're with you", though?

9. Anakin_Skywalker

Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    So what you're basicaly saying, is that your group is going to be like ours, except more serious? We do our best here, and we could use some help. Why not? I'm with you.
    You do know that we will never really stop trolling/flaming etc. but try to slow it down.

LoL Marold :D

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I think we need a go ahead from jedi-mind-trick first. I mean she is our leader.

11. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    Er, I didn't mean for this to be a "my group is imitating and copying your group" type deal. Sorry if it came off that way.

FoF was specifically put together with canon/EU disputes in mind, so we put together all the leaders from the Purists/Completists/TF.N Modship to try and come up with a good compromise that was reasonable to all parties. When the FoF is there, it's not going to be a social thread deal. Here's what's going to be there w/regards to trolling, etc.:

- Username
    - Registration Date
    - URL
    - Potentially problematic behavior
    - Action taken (will probably be edited by a mod as things progress to reflect the changing situation)

I can't give you more details (otherwise JediBratzilla will shoot me :p ), but I think we have a compromise that will do the following:
    1) Be pleasing to both the purists and the completists.
    2) Totally eliminate the word "canon" and the "debate" flame-slugathons that usually accompany it.

Simple enough. We'll try and keep the usual JC banter (free translation: talk about "nothing") to a minimum, and leave the sole monopoly on that to you and the Light Side. ;)

ql :p

12. Anakin_Skywalker

Jul 3, 2001
    I didn't say i was going to join, I just said it was a good idea. Where is JMT anyway? I haven't seen her since i've been back.

13. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    actually, my thoughts are over there with Marold's [face_mischief] firefighters you say?? u got pics? [face_devil] ;) j/k

14. The1

The1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2001
    Hey all just stopping in to say hi. Anybody keeping up with the world cup? In other news I turn 17 in a week. Alright time to go back to this mission.

15. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    quietlunatic - I think I speak for the whole group when I say that any effort to make the JC a better place is one worth supporting.

Now, a question I have personally: Your group will be concerned with purists/completists, while the Dark Lords have been more focused on having fun and reporting spamers/trolls just like any JCer would. What kind of support are you looking for from us? I can offer a pat on the back, but I don't know how much that will help. ;)

16. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    What does FoF want? (Seems like I'm the new postmaster. :( ) Your official support and the support of other established threads. We're not asking for anything too drastic or whatnot, just an official sanction. Like Genghis said, if FoF turns out to be a "we'll mess with it later" deal, It's not going to be very effective.

We'd just like an official "we're with you" (if only in spirit). It seems only j-m-t can provide that. [face_mischief] :p

17. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, then you can wait for her to sign on.

18. astroblue

astroblue Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2002
    Hello again, everyone. :)
    What have I missed?

19. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    heya peoples!

20. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    :eek: firemen? where? [face_mischief]

21. astroblue

astroblue Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2002
    *kicks thread back to the top*

I don't get it. What's with the Firemen? :confused:

22. Anakin_Skywalker

Jul 3, 2001
  23. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
  24. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Alright, so what else is new...other than firemen?

25. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Just thought Id let everyone know that my apprentice, Darth_Tyrannous will be leaving for the summer tomorrow. Therefore, he is leaving the order and is no longer my apprentice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.