main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The Dark Lounge: Warning Explicit!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yoda_pimp, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Apparently it was fashionable a few years back to "Goatse a friend" (using Goatse as a verb). Getting them to click on a link or embed the image in an email. Basically ambushing the person with the pic. That's how I got hit. It makes me shudder to this day.

If you don't know what Goatse is, I do not recommend finding out. Google at your own risk. You have been warned.

[face_sick] <---- Added again for emphasis.

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    It's kinda how I felt after Monday's City Council Meeting.

3. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Did they figure out who was behind Pr0n-gate?

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    So there's like a picture of a goat somewhere? Why would a picture of a goat frak with your minds? You people have some odd hang-ups. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Back to Star Wars...

Really the Old Galactic Republic LAATI gunship looks like a goat's severed head flying about. Symbolically I think this ties into the whole Palpatine-Is-Sidious-Is-Evil kinda thing. The head of a goat has been associated with the character of Satan/Lucifer/etc in the Christian mythology - at least since the Medival Period. Or does it go further back? I know the goat's head image is tied into the co-opted Pagan image of Pan. The point here is that the LAATI more often than not would be the first impression of Old Galactic Reublic presence on contested planetary surfaces during the Clone War. The LAATI then is a kind of herald for Palpatine's early regime. It seems fitting that a vehicle design would whisper a hint about more clandestine plot points, eh?

5. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Obviously you've never seen it. <shudder>

Ram's heads were prevalent in pagan worship in the pre-Judaic period of the Middle East. The god Baal was especially associated with Ram's horns (although it should be noted that they were used in limited ways in Judaism as well). Many other pagan religions used the ram and goat as well. I recently ran across a photo of a Persian royal chalice which, besides being incredibly phallic, had the end carved as a goat-head. This is probably the origin of the Goat Head/Satanism thing as Medieval Christians tied Satanism and Paganism together.

6. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Yeah that reads like a lecture I once sat through during a class called Evil In Literature at USI...or was it in my Western Traditions class...or was VonFuhrman's Mythology class. Hmmm...how the years muck up the memory. Oh well. I do seem to be onto something regarding the LAATI heralding evil symbolically via vehicle design. Oh and for something even more haunting notice in some of the black-n-white schematics of the LAATI a ghost-like face moaning can be seen. Not just from a top view but also in the head-on view. Creepy [face_skull] [face_worried]

7. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    So does that make the Invisible Hand a phallus if the some other ships are goat heads?

Batwing...now I shall kick you in the ass.

8. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    So how did that little bit of hell go?

9. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomorrow is Monday! !&!^

I HATE MONDAYS!

Edric

10. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I want to remind every to be very cautious in this thread. Be as dark as you want, but don't break the rules. The mods are keeping a close eye on this thread, as am I, and should anything cross the line, the whole thread is likely to be locked. It would be locked right now, if I hadn't agreed to keep a very close eye on it.

11. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    It would appear the Jabba the Mayor may have had someone do a hatchet-job on the Plant Project. This fellow whom an insider told me has been speaking to the mayor and whom also contributed to her failed re-election campaign got up at the last meeting and began a bunch of crap than ran along the order of, "So, have you been convicted yet of molesting all those young boys?" " Do you freely admit that you haven't been beating your wife in the last few weeks?"

Completely blown away, how does a non-jedi repel evil of that magnitude? This cat painted Johnson Controls and I to be the most evil beings in the multiverse and yet made not one declarative statement or said one untruth. He never accused us of anything but made statements like that for 45 minutes or so. The Council of 5 and the audience were absolutely shocked and horrified by the statements and yet the guy never actually said anything slanderous. If you watch the tape on channel 7 pay close attention to the mayor, she's should've had face-cramps from grinning so hugely for so long.

12. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005

So remind me(us) what, besides profanity, personal attacks and SPAM advertising, is breaking the rules.

13. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Kev is right on here. We don't need a "dark" lounge so we can "skate" around the rules by making sure we are using medical terminology and the like.

I like to vent my frustrations now and then just like the next person, but we don't need a "dark" lounge. We can do that in any thread.

In short, we are better than this.

For those that asked, here are the Terms of service/rules:

http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/tos.asp

14. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Basically all the things you mentioned, plus language. In essence, you're limited to what can be said on network television. There's an exhaustive list on the CR forum; of course, I can't post that list here because that too would be a violation of the TOS. If you don't know whether a word is allowed, just be safe and don't use it, or at the very least, PM me and ask. For everyone's reference, you can use the word "ass," so long as you're not calling someone that, and you can use the term "bitch," but only when referring to a female dog. I had thought a certain p-word that means urination was on the disallowed list, but it's not--however, it's not on the allowed list, either, so let's consider it disallowed just to be safe.

All that having been said, I tend to agree with Scott that we don't NEED a dark lounge, however, nothing in here has risen to the level where it has to be censored. The very nature of this thread, though, requires greater scrutiny and a quicker reaction to any indiscretion. I posted that second warning because the mods had warned me. The first violation will result in the thread being locked immediately.

If we want to establish a thread for SENSIBLE discussion about "taboo" topics, such as religion or politics, we would need to discuss and approve it at a GM first. Personally, I think that it would be a HORRIBLE idea, and that such a discussion has no place here. But, I'm not the emperor. Any discussion on these topics would still have to abide by the TOS, thus my use of the term "sensible."

15. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Guys, it's all in good fun.

Lighten up. We know what we can and can't do. :eek: :p

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    [image=http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg]

17. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    If we don't need a dark lounge, then we don't need a happy one or a whatever one either. We can "discuss in another thread" with those also. Let's all jump up, continue over-reacting and "SHUT THEM ALL DOWN, HURRY!" Nobody is forcing anyone (except Nathan) to read this thread. If you do not like it, then don't read it. You are adults and can make decisions about what threads you want to read and what ones you want to stay away from on your own. Maybe not everyone is happy and those who are a little warped want a place to call their own, a place where they can go to chill and not be hammered on for what they say in other threads. This is peaceful place to throw joking insults and be a little off color where nothing anyone says is taken seriously. So sit, relax, prop your feet up, and call someone a name. You'll feel better.

18. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    After much thought I agree with the school of thought that advocates the fortification of the pleasantries, observation of fluffy bunnies with a smile, and the civilizing of the Kwockian-lizard monkey drunk on Bantha derived blue-milk. There is no Dark Lounge. Only the bright white love of the grandly sedate White Lounge. Obey your leaders and all-will-be-well. Obey, obey, obey...never question. Oh look at the the flowers blooming! Oh and here comes a warm golden shower! Oh and here comes a fluffy bunny looking for a friend! Oh and there is a newly reformed Kwockian-lizard monkey coming out of church! Ahhh...isn't that so darn cute! The fluffy bunny sees the Kwockian-lizard monkey and funny sparkles erupt around these two happy creatures of wonderful creation! What's this? The fluffy bunny is springing toward the Kwockian-lizard monkey. And now the two are embracing...no it appears they are having a wrestling match...no they appear to be gropping one another...oh, my...oh...er,uh...you might want to go to another post. HOPPITY-HOP-HOP THEY BE DOING THE NASTY SLOP-SLOP !!!

[face_hypnotized] , :eek: , [face_blush] , [face_whistling]

19. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^I have no idea what you just said.

:) Edric

20. JediMasterJaina

May 19, 2003
    All I see is Kowackian Monkey-Lizard...

21. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Stacky is a Poo-doo head! :p ;)

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Unwashed hippie! :p

23. JediMasterJaina

May 19, 2003

[image=http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v112/111/33/50400739/n50400739_30737332_2392.jpg]

Well you are quite the poo-doo head.:p

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    JediMasterJayboozy!

Drinker!

25. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey..hiccup..there is...hiccup..nothing wrong with...being an alcoholic! Bring on the hops!!!!

Speaking of hippies-Where do you hide money from a hippie? Under the soap!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.