main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The Dark Lounge: Warning Explicit!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yoda_pimp, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm not, but I hang out with some once a year. :D

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    ...and this one time, at Pagan camp....

3. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    What happens at Pagan Camp.. Stays at Pagan camp..
    unless your me, cause I share pictures with everyone.

4. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I had a sheltered life and did not get the chance to go to Pagan Camp. Do they use a flute the same way they do at Band Camp?

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  6. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Uh.. no, but there used to be this one Tea Dance party attraction called "Fluting" which had nothing to do with any kind of flute. There are 4 fluters and 1 flutee. The flutee has their hands bound either behind their back or above thier head and gets blindfolded. The Fluter behind the Flutee is there for safety/stability. The other 3 then go about placing 3 pieces of ice on the flutee's chest and stomach while making what sounds like some kind of tribal/gregorian humming/chanting. Then they blow a raspberry/zerbert on the iced area. All anyone outside of the tent can hear is the chanting/humming of the Fluters and the screaming of the Fluteee.

7. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    [face_hypnotized]

[face_laugh]

Did not the classic Wicker Man have a sequence involving that spectacle you described? For you 'young pups' out there the classic Wicker Man had a much younger Christopher Lee in it. Also the classic Wicker Man is almost a musical. I'm sure Red is the expert on whether the classic Wicker Man got it right - or is it a typical 'Hollywoodized' version of Pagan ritual? Inquiring minds want to know.

8. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    It was slightly "Hollywood-ized" of course. No group I know of would ever lure someone to their death like that, but some of the other rites, rituals, and magic work were fairly accurate, such as the jumping of the fire, the maypole, and the processional. (I haven't researched the baby and egg in the graveyard thing, I just know it was supposed to be Circle of Life working) Also, there usually are fertility rights performed on Beltane (May 1), but in recent times it's not for a public venue. Also, not all Pagans subscribe to these practises as well. These are usually a part of Wiccan, Druidic, and other Nature religions, but even then it's personal preference. Like some people prefer to work rites, rituals, and ceremonies skyclad, while other prefer to remain fully clothed, and then it becomes a choice of regular clothing, or special caremonial clothing. I am Pagan, but I'm not Wiccan or Druidic. I've never jumped the fire, danced the Maypole, or taken part in Beltane fertility rites. I have been part of a Wiccer burning cermony on a couple of occassions though. One was built to look like the sun, and the other was built to look like a woman/goddess. The only living things that were part of the offering were fruits and vegetables.

There is also scholarly debate on wether or not people were ever actually burned in real Wiccer Man ceremonies in times past. Some say yes, and it was either someone chosen from the community, and they knew they were going to be sacrificed, and it was a great honor for them and their family, or it was involuntary for a slave or criminal. Other say no humans were ever used, only animals. (Thank you History Channel, Learning Channel, and National Geographic channel)

9. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    This lesson in Wiccan history was brought to you by our generous donors and the good people at Pagan Camp where "every kid is special until sacrificed", and by "Brooms" training brooms for the witches just getting their wings. Be sure to join us next week as we examine the case of the woman arrested for disturbing the peace because she was dancing and chanting naked in her own yard to her neighbor's dismay at 2 in the morning.

10. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    *chuckle*
    Don't forget the cauldrons.... ;)

11. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    They are lined up to sponser next week.

12. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Hey! Where is this week's program and sponsor?!?! :p

13. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    I thought you were taking care of our programming right now. It is getting into October so start us off on the path to knowledge for this festive and great Halloween holiday season!

14. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Wow, Red....that stuff sounds interesting. Not my cup of tea, but interesting.

Then again, I consider myself a Jedi, so anything goes.

Thanks for sharing. It it neat to see just how diverse this group is. Very groovy

Peace,
    Edric

15. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Sith Lord or Dark Jedi is the way to go. It is much more fun to use the force as an instrament of death instead of getting cats out of trees. If I wanted to get a cat out of a tree, I would either use force choke or force lightning. That should make for some very tasty General Tso's Chicken!

16. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    teeeee, Pagan camp sounds like fun ^_^.

Do you happen to know if anyone around E'ville holds drum circles or something at any point in the year? I went to my first one this summer (it was a whole solstice ritual night) and I really really want to go to another ... :)

17. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    I think the last time someone did, they were burned at the stake while the kiddies roasted hotdogs and marshmellows. The burning body really brought a good smokey flavor to the hot-beef-injections (if you watch the Simpsons you know what this is).

18. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005

Well, I know Penny Lane coffee house downtown on Mulberry used to have them on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. Plus she usually has special stuff going on during the Soltices and Equinoxes.

And I swear, I am going to steal you some year to come to Pagan Camp with me (plus a couple of the gals from the FF group here), so you can meet the Clan of Pyros and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.