main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dark of the Night (Short Story, KotOR Era, Mandalorian War, posted 5/25/11)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediDingo, May 25, 2011.

1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Title:
    Author: JediDingo
    Timeframe: Mandalorian War, KotOR era
    Characters: Orginal Characters
    Genre: Action/Adventure, some Humor, Drama
    Keywords: Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian War

Author's Note:In the famous words of Obi-Wan Kenobi: Why, hello there. WHEW! It is good to be back in the Before the Saga boards! I'm here to post up a short story that I have wrote that is apart of a much larger story, a trilogy that I have been working on since 2008! What started in Star Wars: Whispers of the Force ( http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30162688/p1/?50 ) and continued in Star Wars: Echoes of the Force ( http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30958538/p1/?22 ). This is a GREAT jumping on point for any new readers! This takes place right after the second enstallment, Echoes of the Force and is meant to set up the upcoming finale of it all -- Star Wars: The Currents of the Force. I figured this was a good day to release it since that the final issue of Star Wars: Legacy comes out, and that it is Memorial Day weekend coming up. If you want to go back and read the first two stories, awesome! If you don't, thats okay too! Because I'm about to give you a summary of what has happened thus far.

Summary: In Whispers of the Force, Padawan Aaryn Karsa was assigned to invesigate why the Mandalorians are making their way ever so close to the Republic. With a special ability granted to him through the Force, Aaryn begins to uncover startling information about the Mandalorians. Soon, the Mandalorian War breaks out and Aaryn is promoted to Jedi Knight. He and his crew are chased by Mandalorian Commander Jagi A'denika and everything comes to a head when Aaryn, with help from the Revanchists, fights to destory a Mandalorian superweapon. Not long afterwards, in Echoes of the Force, Aaryn and his crew are attacked by unknown ships close to the Unknown Regions. In the battle, Aaryn dies to save his friends. Two years later, Aaryn awakens back to life to find that the galaxy is now fully invovled in the Mandalorian War! The Force has brought him back to life, but has seemingly abandoned him and he can no longer hear its whispers. The only way he can fully connect is through the dark side. While continuing to search, a mysterious Man in Black begins to wreak havoc on Aaryn Karsa's personal life. The Man in Black is a dark side entity, searching to destroy Aaryn. As Aaryn reconnects with his friends, and with the Force, he begins to discover that the Force may have brought him back to stop an even bigger threat than the Mandalorians. As he rescues the love of his life, Jove Sunflare, during the battle of Duros, Aaryn is captured by Mandalorian forces.

And well, that is the story so far! I still hope some of you check out the first two stories! But now, I give you:

Star Wars: The Dark of the Night

The dark is all that exists. At least, for Aaryn Karsa. When he slowly closes his eyes, behind them is the same darkness that he sees for most hours of the day. Even though the darkness surrounds him, torments him, and never leaves him ? it never enters. It doesn?t enter because inside, Aaryn?s light ? as small as a candle ? still burns brightly. This candle of hope is not of his own design, not something that he created so he could just simply endure, but something that was born in the rescue of Jove Sunflare. Knowing the fact that she was indeed safe was hope enough for the young Jedi.

Shortly after making the rescue attempt, Aaryn had been captured by the Mandalorians during the horrific battle of Duro.  He was quickly whisked away and promptly imprisoned on one of the Mandalorian dreadnaughts. Not long after that, the torture began.  At first it hurt, but now he could hardly feel it anymore.  Unfortunately after long periods of torture, the bucketheads decided that it would be a good idea to leave him in total darkness for days and sometimes weeks, and Aaryn guessed that it had been almost two weeks since he had last seen any

2. LaForzaViva

LaForzaViva Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    Just happened to log on BTF.N right after you posted this!

Excellent work, I really liked the scene with Jagi and his family actually. And one of his kids names' sounds familiar... [face_thinking] I wonder how Maverick feels, now that he's got little old Kaylee in his hands, with Jove so close by! And man, Aaryn is going to find that pretty darn awkward too, if he survives the trial!

Definitely looking forward to Currents of the Force, though during this summer I'll be most likely unable to read it until August. But you know that I'll catch up whenever I can!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes more Aaryn Karsa. Waiting for more and like to see a happy end for Aaryn;)

4. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Great writing, I loved the parts about Aaryn's imprisonment! Keep posting!

Conor

5. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry I took so long, but, Hoorah! Aaryn and friends are back. I am interested to see how Jagi, Aaryn, and the young Sith's plots will entertwine.