main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Dark Path and a New Beginning (post-TUF AU) COMPLETED 9/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EH_Pilot, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    EH_Pilot: *plays the slow, mourning-black drumrolls of the Imperial motif from Darth Vader's Death*

Yes, the previous one was good. And that was good, too... :D

Poignant, and very human.

Utterly different characters, but everything worked itself out into a perfect echo of RotJ; just like those drums, like the weather breaking as refreshing rain begins to fall...

Have I said yet that I liked it? :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Now what's the unknown Lah going to do?

3. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    That was... sad. At least, she had a peaceful ending compared to Jacen.

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    and that's all she wrote

5. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Spike2002: Goodbye Tahiri, indeed.

Thrawn McEwok: No, you haven?t said you?ve liked it yet.

Isn?t it funny how I do absolutely no planning for any of this?

Grand Admiral Wettengel: I?ve honestly had no idea what to do with him since I first wrote him.

Crazydan: Glad to hear it. I think it?s funny how I think of Jacen?s death as more peaceful, though.

RedGold: But I?m not done yet! :p

-------------------------------------------------------------

The endless, infinite sea of stars lay spread out before Captain Andrios from the bridge of the Gorloth. He stared out through the blackness, his eyes wandering outward, while his mind looked inward.

Except for the ceaseless, gentle hum of the battleship?s powerful engines and the short whirring and beeping of dozens of computers, there was silence, complete and utter silence.

No longer did the halls of the Gorloth reverberate with the murmur of thousands of crew as they maintained this behemoth. No longer did officers, crew, pilots, soldiers, mechanics, technicians, or support staff man their stations.

And no longer did the metal floors echo the soft pattering of bare feet.

The ship reeked of old memories, and haunting ghosts of the past.

Andrios hated it. He hated what had happened, to his crew, to his ship, and to Tahiri. He did not know what had transpired on the surface of that nameless planet in a nameless sector of unexplored space, yet he had... sensed that the young, blonde-haired girl that he thought he loved was dead.

All that was left was to go home. But where was home?

Andrios had set a course for the last known coordinates of the nearest Imperial fleet. There would be many questions when and if he returned to the Empire. What happened? Where did you go? Where is your crew? Why did you spare the Jedi?

Why? Why, you ask?

Andrios did not know the answer. Tahiri?s motives may have been a mystery to him, but he knew at least one thing: he had been given a purpose these last few months, to serve her and aid her in achieving her ends, no matter what the risk. He had achieved that goal, and now he was alone.

His purpose now was his own.

He had, as best he could, prepared the ship to enter hyperspace crewed with one man.

Maybe the ship will bounce to close to a supernova, or fly through a black hole. That would end it then and now, and spare me the details of it all.

A timer reached zero, and the Star Destroyer lurched forward and blasted into hyperspace, off into the unknown.

---------------------------------------------------------

The wind swept across the dry, desolate plains of R-159-A4, howling softly and picking up veiled clouds of dirt and dust. Off in the distance, the giant plateau and the Imperial citadel that crowned its peak, stood like a reverent watchtower.

The Yuuzhan Vong warrior, his armor still ravaged, stared down silently at the small mound before him. The mound, though small and unspectacular, was an aberration in the endless flatlands nearby, standing out well enough. Over time and through the elements, the mound would sink and vanish until it was like there was never a disturbance there before. It could take years, but in time, it would fade, as did all things in life.

All that would remain to identify the place was a small marker with an engraving carved into it. He had thought long and hard for hours on what it should say. But no matter how long he pondered, the word ?Tahiri? was all that he could accept.

It was a small gesture and sometimes felt insufficient, but perhaps contained more meaning and inherent truth in that single word than any amount could.

And now, he understood one thing more certainly than any other. He was alone, and he would remain alone for quite some time.

Perhaps it was for the best, to give him the chance to consider all that he had learned, all that he had gained in such a short time. Or, perhaps, he would not.

And there, he had decided, was what he felt was the purpose beh

6. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    So, here we are. After nine months of The Dark Path and a New Beginning, it's finally over. I would like to thank all of you who took the time to read and/or respond. Without you all, I would never have finished. This has certainly been an enjoyable experience.

Please feel free to offer whatever (truthful :p ) comments, criticisms, or questions you have. I would like to know what you think, no really, I do. :)

Until next time...

7. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, that was nice, with the Star Destoryers.

But I only have a warning for you. Run, run and hide. Why? There'll be people who want a sequel to this story ;).

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    EH_Pilot: Isn?t it funny how I do absolutely no planning for any of this?

Not consciously, no... [face_mischief] :p

Good ending. Even if the issue of Jaina's kids is faintly squicky... o_O [face_tired]

- The Imperial Ewok

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Very interested ending EH_Pilot especially with the Star Destroyers. Will there be a sequel or is this the end of the road?

10. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    You did a great job, this was a wonderful fic!

But yeah, you gonna end it there??? That's evil worthy of... well... me!

11. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    Thanks you all for your kind words of support :)

Despite what this may do in terms of my safety, I am going to say now that, no, there will be no sequel, as I've effectively exhausted my pool of characters to kill off and at the moment I am, to be honest, tired of this 'fic. While, as the recent storyline atests to, I may in the future perhaps revive this thread and continue (a definite maybe), it would probably not be for some time.

However, that does not mean that I will stop writing Star Wars 'fic. Maybe not right away, but I'll probably continue on at a later date. Right now, I have at least two ideas that I'm mulling around in my mind that I may start up in the future. Who knows; they may even morph into a sequel :p

McEwok, what the hell is "squicky"?

By the way, what's so bad about the ending? I thought I was rather conclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.