main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Dark Poison (ROTS vignette-Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SubtleFighter, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubtleFighter

SubtleFighter Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Title: The Dark Poison

A Vader vignette set during ROTS. Even though it's past May 30th, be warned that this contains heavy SPOILERS.

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at Star Wars fanfiction, so please be nice!

The Dark Poison

No.

That?s impossible!. The words echoed through Vader?s head. She can?t be gone.

His master?s words at first had slammed into him with a force stronger than any physical blow he?d ever received in battle. But now they were seeping deep into his core, washing over his heart and organs with a gruesome poison that was consuming his very life-force. The pain he felt made him long to dive into the rivers of lava on Mustafar, so as to feel a lesser pain.

He had killed her.

Padmé. The only person in the galaxy who meant anything to him. The angel he?d been living for ever since he got his first glimpse of her in that shop on Tattoine was no more.

And it was his fault.

His life, his soul was gone.

The hollow clang of his boots against the metal floor resounded in the hallway. His new mechanical limbs moved without feeling, pummeling him to his final destination. As he managed a glance at his new master walking beside him, he felt a surge of hatred for the dark side of the Force rush into him. He had sold out his ideals, murdered his companions, and betrayed his best friend, all as a sacrifice to the dark side in hopes of saving his wife from death. Only now at the end did he see how foolish he?d been. And the ones who paid the price for that foolishness was his wife and child.

His child.

The anger escalated its wave and threatened to break through the barriers of his self-control. Another precious life stolen from him. No--not stolen. The pain tightened its grip on his heart as his anger turned toward himself. Never would he see his baby smile, or see him laugh, or take his first steps. And it was because of him. He had killed his only child. He didn?t deserve to know this child?s love. I am a monster, he thought. I only cause those I love to suffer.

The dark side was a cruel master, promising him life but only giving him death. And yet, there was no escaping it. He?d broken free from his childhood slavery only to find himself voluntarily locking himself in the chains of another, much more insidious master. He?d offered up his soul and it had been devoured hungrily. There was no turning back now.

The pain, that poison in his being had now completed its task. His heart was eaten away, replaced by a potent numbness which was spreading throughout what was left of his body. The ice-like darkness dulled his pain as he felt it seeping into his veins. Vader?s unfeeling fingers pushed open the door to the front of the ship, where he and Palpatine would meet Tarkin to begin plans for the construction of another mass-murdering machine.

I was right when I said I couldn?t live without her. Now, for the rest of my life, I am dead along with her.

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I was right when I said I couldn?t live without her. Now, for the rest of my life, I am dead along with her.

Wahhh!!! :_|

Such a wonderfully well done piece. Bravo!

3. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Excellent vignette! You've done a great job with Vader's pain. The dark side being like a poison is a really good analogy. Well done! :D

4. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That's really good.

5. Salmeera

Salmeera Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Wow, that was amazing. It was beautifully written and heartbreaking at the same time. Good insight into Vader's feelings. Nice work :)

6. SubtleFighter

Jun 1, 2005
    Thank you so much!! I was so nervous doing this, your comments mean a lot to me :).

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, nice vignette, and I agree with your reasoning about why Vader stayed with Palps. You can see the parallels between his early life as a slave, and his allegiance to Palpatine.

He didn?t deserve to know this child?s love.

*sniff* That really hints at how much Luke is going to mean to Vader when he finally shows up.

8. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    :_|:_|:_|
    Wow, this was very powerful...it really delves into Vader and how much he truly feels for Padme and hates himself for what he did...Very nicely written!

9. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    :_| Still, brilliant! :_|

10. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

- That last line just summed up the poignancy of Vader's entire plight. Wonderful!

11. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Wonderful first story! Look forward to more.
    Great job! Congratulations!

12. SubtleFighter

Jun 1, 2005
    Kitt: Now I'm deeply honored. You're my favorite writer ever! I can't get enough of your Force Bond fics. [face_love] And why Vader stayed with Palpatine was the reason I wrote this fic; that question just kept running through my mind until eventually this came out of it. Others may think he simply likes being evil, but I don't think so. Thank you for checking out my humble little fic!

ZekksGoddess: Thank you! I think it's so tragic that Vader thinks he killed Padmé. :(

LadyPadme: Yeah, when I heard that line in the movie, I kept thinking about how he does in a way die when she does. Glad you liked it.

Everyone else, thank you so much! You make my day! :)

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That was beautifully done! :)

14. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Thank you! I think it's so tragic that Vader thinks he killed Padmé
    It truly is...I pity him so much...:_|

15. Mastermorgan

Mastermorgan Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    That was amazing, really moving and i could really believe that was wat he was thinking at that point. Absolutely brilliant.

16. SubtleFighter

Jun 1, 2005
    The dark side being like a poison is a really good analogy.

I was actually more going for the pain of learning this news itself being like a poison. The pain felt like he'd taken poison. And like a poison, it ended up consuming him inside. It was the dark side that acted like ice to soothe away that pain and try to fill up the hole that the pain had left behind. He lets the dark side numb his pain, and that's when he completely and utterly becomes Vader.

17. dietcokeani

dietcokeani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    That was great! I loved the connection about his slavehood as a boy and how he re-created it as an adult. I think thats probably the best analogy I've heard so far as to why the heck he did such a dumb thing.

Keep writing!
    Annette

18. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    :_| Beautiful! That was great! Well done!

19. JennAkiz

JennAkiz Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    wow

breath-taking

20. SubtleFighter

Jun 1, 2005
    You guys seriously don't know how much your comments mean to me. All I can say is THANK YOU! [:D]

21. DarthBrian82

DarthBrian82 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    That was great I loved how you killed anakin skywalker in that viggie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.