main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dark Queen - Concept 3D Models.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Eclipse3, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse3

Eclipse3 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2002
    I apologise in advance for the poor quality of the images (the actuall models themselves).

Setting is 200 years after ROTJ

This is a floating research facility, where they are researching orbum, a crystal substance that can stimulate midichlorian sensitivity. Orbum has recently been incorporated into lightsabers.

the first was about 20 minutes work, the second, I have been working on for about 2 hours.

1. concept 1

2. concept 2

The style of architecture is used throughout the buildings.

BOTH IMAGES ARE CONCEPTS AND DO NOT REPRESENT THE QUALITY THAT WILL BE IN THE FINAL VERSION.

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    The first one I was going to say looked a bit too much like Bespin (Cloud City).

But the second one is coming along very nicely.
    Keep up the good work - you're on the right track.

3. Senator_Amory

Senator_Amory Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    #1, hmmm.

#2, awesome.

And plus, make sure that even if it is a large floating city on a planet much like Bespin of Jupiter, be sure to make the city look fairly small compared to the clouds. because clouds, even on Earth, tend to get fairly large in size. Just imagine how enormous they might get on Jupiter!? [face_shocked]

4. sithgoblin3

sithgoblin3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    they both look great!

5. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Great work! I love the 2nd one. Most probably because of the extra detail. I'd be interested to see how they progress aswell.

6. Vatex

Vatex Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Very nice! :)
    Would like to see more.

7. el_director

el_director Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    What program are you using?

8. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Mmmmmmm tasty.

nice job, keep it up.

9. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I like the models, but I have a question. Why are they floating cities? In ESB, Bespin was floating because there was no hard ground and they were mining gas. I don't mean to nitpick, but your audience may wonder why the facilities weren't just built on another planet.

10. Senator_Amory

Senator_Amory Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Well,

Maybe this is also a floating city mining gas, similar to Bespin. I'm quite sure the galaxy might need more than one floating city to fullfill it's gaseous needs.

11. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I like them both, but I really liked #1's green theme. It's cool.

12. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I would agree, but he say's explicitly in the first post:

This is a floating research facility, where they are researching orbum, a crystal substance that can stimulate midichlorian sensitivity

Again, I'm not trying to nitpick. Just pointing out a potential audience question. We all know how much Star Wars is questioned by fans. ;)

13. PSYCHOMAN13

PSYCHOMAN13 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    Very nice work!! I like the first one the best, the green color scheme is great. What program are you using?

14. Ranka_Jaade

Ranka_Jaade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2001
    Perhaps this compound, Orbum, crystilises in the atmosphere of this gas planet. . .

. . . as for the architecture, I like the second one better but I just dont think that the overuse of glass fits in with other Star Wars architecture. That mabey the desired effect, but I just don't think it fits.

Don't get me wrong though, it still looks excellent.

. . .

?

15. daverave320

daverave320 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    I really like the first one. The green glow from the glass pieces are awesome.

As far as the
    "...I just dont think that the glass fits in with other Star Wars architecture." comment goes, no one knows what the "Star Wars" universe looks like outside of the 5 Star Wars movies we have seen. If there can be an underwater city made up of beams and forcefields (Gungan City) why cant there be a glass city in the future somewhere? Great job using some imagination on your own idea of Star Wars. I cant wait to see the final version.

PS: Who cares if it looks too much like Bespin City or too much like a star destroyer or too much like a pig penis.....its your world and you can do whatever you want.

~Dave

16. Gardulo

Gardulo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey If you can animate those plates (background) It would be a drooling(sp)
    clip. Great windows but it looks like the base has no geometry its like a cardboard cut out. Plus a city would mean many floating buildings no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.