main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dark Side Beckons/ finally updated 10/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wickedblood, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wickedblood

wickedblood Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2003
    The Dark Side Beckons

Death was near, I could feel it breathing on me, wanting me, and soon it would consume me. Even in my pain-ridden mind I knew this, but even despite the harsh turns of my life, the many betrayals and now the weeks of endless torture, I was afraid to die. Nearly all my life I had been told that death was only a part of life, that in death I would become one with the Force. I believed that still, but doubts, which had been sewn into my head by my demonic tormentor, assaulted me.

In the cold, empty darkness I could still hear his words.

The Force is a tool, a great tool, my child, but no more than that. It cannot redeem you and give you eternal oneness and peace as the Jedi say. The Jedi are hypocrites and liars, you know that, and even if the Force was as they say, do you think you have a chance at that ?greatness?? No? your hatred is too powerful. It has already overtaken you.

I couldn?t stop my body from trembling at the remembrance. The echo of his quiet voice battered me as I dwelt on his word. Could there be any truth to what he had said, especially the last sentences? I didn?t want to believe it, I couldn?t dare if I wanted to hold on.

And all the while death crept closer, rasping its labored breaths upon me. The sound seemed to grow louder and more unsettling as I heard my tormentor?s nearby footsteps. I shook with fear, knowing that he was coming to slay me, and I hated him. Had I not been through enough, even before he had come to me? I wanted to kill him, but I hadn?t the strength. I just lay on the frigid stone, helplessly listening.

Then he arrived. I couldn?t see him, but I could feel his bleak presence. It was only a moment before he began to increase my pain.

So what does anybody think? Should I continue?

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hullo! :D

Nice start...very dark and suspense-filled, I have to say. [face_shocked]

I like the way you have personified death. :cool: Also, the Jedi in the story...is it anyone we know? ;) Wait, you' want us to figure that out right? ;)

Should I continue?

Err, yes! You've left me hanging there...now you have to finsih it! [face_shocked]

BTW, welcome to the boards...I see you're new here. Great start at the Fan Fic boards...

God Bless,

Blaine

3. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Should I continue

Yeah!!!

How else are we gonna know what happens?

I feel sorry for the guy that's gonna die :(

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Continue you must in best yoda voice.

5. wickedblood

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks for all the responses. I guess I'll be continuing it then. Hopefully I'll update later today.

I like the way you have personified death. Thanks. I personally liked that idea a lot, but I was getting to be half alseep when I wrote it, so I was hoping it would work.

Also, the Jedi in the story...is it anyone we know? Lance (POV character)? He's not a Jedi. (But I bet he sounded as if he might be Anakin. I hope you all won't leave because he's not...)

I see you're new here. Actaully I'm not new in the least. I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Please keep going I like your story.
    Welcome to our board. :D

7. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Chilling. Yes, I think chilling is the best word to describe that.

Do please continue.

lordmaul13

8. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
  9. wickedblood

Sep 20, 2003
    Sorry it's been awhile (Darth Writer's Block) anyway next post should be up pretty soon.

10. wickedblood

Sep 20, 2003
    And here it is...

It felt as though a legion of icy, steel talons had ripped into my gut. I closed my eyes as tightly as I could, and though I thought it was a battle I could not win, I fought down the screams that were building inside of me. The new pain only started to spread and my body was suddenly racked with convulsions.

The scraping tension in my abdomen flared even more, contracting every muscle. I knew I must have gasping raggedly, but I wasn?t even aware that I was breathing at all. I could feel agony, but nothing and more, and though I did hear breathing, it was not my own. Death was kneeling at my side, and with fear I realized the pain was losing some of its intensity. I was becoming cold and clammy, I knew my life was fading.

"You don?t want to die, do you, my child?" my tormentor whispered, and I think I half shook my head. "Then you only have one option."

I heard the clanking of metal on stone, then I felt a cylindrical object lightly come into contact with my side. Without having to think I knew it was a lightsaber, but I did nothing, except dwell on how cold it was. Death held its shrouded face above mine, preparing to kiss me, as it continued to rasp.

"Take up that weapon and kill me. It is the only way you can live."

My tormentor seemed so distant, as if even he could not touch me now, but he quickly proved that thought wrong. I felt my body levitate into the dark air and slam into the stone wall chest first. I grunted, the wind knocked out of me as I tumbled back to the floor, then I lay there, suddenly feeling a burst of anger ransack me. It was the first real emotion I had felt, aside from fear, in a long time, and it seemed like this new anger was feeding off my pain. Perhaps I could kill him and end this all. Death could have his feast and I would be unscathed.

"Give in to your anger, my child. Come at me. Kill me."

I slowly reached out my hand. I was no trained Jedi, but I knew well enough how to use the Force, and I called the nearby lightsaber to me. Its cold fire burned inside my grasp, my pain subsiding once more as I got to my feet and ignited the weapon.

The black blade came to life and its eerie glow filled the small, stone room. Now I saw my tormentor. The tall man stood by the entrance in a way that seemed placid, and I looked on at him, my rage continuing to mount. He was clothed in black, as was his heart; his waist-length hair and his goatee were also that color. His jade eyes tore into me as if to toy with my soul. I could not stop the twisting that I felt inside my body.

Then I snapped and blasted at him, shoving the blade into his chest cavity. Now he was going to die, or so I thought. Suddenly he disappeared, clothes and all. I couldn?t fathom what happen. I just stood there, gapping at the spot where he had just stood.

A few moments passed like this before someone entered the room. I was shocked to see my tormentor, alive and striding toward me. He was smiling at my failure and confusion. "You have proved your willingness to join the Dark Side, my child? Or should I call you Lord Vassago?"

I couldn?t take in his words at first. I merely stared at him, wondering why he wasn?t dead.

"Do you honestly think I would let you or anyone else kill me, Lord Vassago? I planted an image of myself inside of your mind, a tempting little snare, and you willingly leapt into it, not caring about any of the philosophies the Jedi taught you."

I glared at him, desperately wanting to curse at him, but I couldn?t will myself to speak. And I was wondering, why was he calling me Lord Vassago? I knew he was an agent of the Dark Side, but could he be a Sith who wanted me as his apprentice? That made little sense because everyone knew that the Sith had been extinct for hundreds of years.

"You will understand in time?" my tormentor soothed. "Now bow before your Master."

I stood there, defiantly, the black-bladed lightsaber still ignited. I felt urged to plow the weapon into him, and given just another second I would have, but suddenly the weapon blast

11. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    That was good. I had no idea it was a dream.

lordmaul13

12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That caught my attention. A dream that did not occur to me. A good post.

13. wickedblood

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks guys. Anybody else interested in more?

14. wickedblood

Sep 20, 2003
  15. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I'm certainly interested in more. :)

lordmaul13

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    black-bladed lightsaber !!

This is an great idea!

The Dark Side of the Force is portrayed well in this tale.

17. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Hmm, so it seems your hero has had some training, but apparently isn't a Jedi. And not yet a Sith. ;)

Very vivid descriptions of the physical/psychological torment. :)

Trick or Treat

18. Xanatos_of_Telos

Xanatos_of_Telos Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003

A dream of the furture? Or just a dream?

More please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.