main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The dark side is stronger." - GL

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by 4DM, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4DM

4DM Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2003
    That's a lie. The good side is like 100x stronger, but that's kept a secret...Yoda would know... it's like when yoda is fiddling around with R2-D2 in ESB. He's lying about himself as a great master Jedi. Lucas is doing the same about this comment... maybe it's part of being modest. If I had to categorise myself, I would say that I was on the dark side... so do I have any hope of becoming a successful filmmaker, or am I wasting my time?

2. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    I think I speak for everyone when I say "huh?? ?[face_plain]"

But I'm betting that GL knows what he's talking about. He's about as canonical a source as you can get! :p

3. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I think the lightside is more powerful when it comes to the Force. IE, the lightside possibly extends your life, and so forth. The darkside is more powerful psyhically, eg in Saber Duels and combat.

4. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    Refresh my memory: when and where did GL say the dark side is stronger?

5. Ilian

Ilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2003
    I believe it was in the ep. II commentary. He talks about how Anikan wants more power and how the darkside is the only way he can ultimately get that power, because the darkside is more powerful.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    In themselves, they are equally strong, I believe. However, since the dark side seduces and corrupts so many more people than the light side, it gives you more power when you control it. That´s why it´s stronger.

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    There is no "Light Side". There is no "Dark Side".

There is only the Force.

;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

8. Ilian

Ilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2003
    Shoot! I misspelled Anakin and now it's too late to change it. Oh well.

I'm in agreement with Lucas on this issue. Like KenKenobi said, there is no distinct dark side of the force, it's just a name for using the force for personal gain. When someone uses the force like this they are fueled by anger, and as we all know you're significantly stronger when your angry and would tend to use the force more ferociously.

However by giving into anger you trade your rational thinking for rash emotional thinking. So the downside to usage of the dark side is bad decision making, so in that since a jedi is stronger mentally than a sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.