main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Dark Side of the Force (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 15, 2016.

1. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    Nah, they won't. The Altisians would make the mainstream Jedi to look bad. They were as strong as them and did the same job without letting themselves be entangled into politics, allowed their members have families, and didn't get corrupted or tricked by the Sith. They are like the mainstream Jedi, but without their flaws or disadvantages.

If you introduce the Altisian Jedi, you make Mace, Obi-wan, Yoda... etc., look like a bunch of rigid chumps.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's not canon.
    Based on that logic, Lincoln was a bad President because he made our slaveholding Presidents look bad.

3. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    I'm not saying the Altisians are bad. They are too good. The movies present the Jedi as near-absolutely good, but they still had some flaws. By contrast, the Altisians would look like perfect good. I would detract from the special position of the mainstream Jedi as the Good Guys.

As for the slave-holding presidents: Many of them were slave-owners, most were racists, and some of them like Jefferson, used their female slaves as sexual objects. They had some very nasty traits from our point of view, but they tend to be whitewashed for political and patriotric reasons. If somebody made a movie showing them how they really were and comparing them to Lincoln, they would indeed look bad... That's the reason nobody does that kind of movie, it would be an unpopular one; people would focus on how it made Washington and Jefferson look bad, not on how good Lincoln was.

4. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    Rebels is in an interesting place. Ezra (arguably) the main character is:
    • Strong with the force
    • The same age as Luke/Leia (off by hours or days most)
    • Lost his parents
    • Being trained by a Jedi who was a padawan during Order 66
    • Growing stronger in the force
    • Tempted by the dark side
    • Involved with the Rebellion and fighting the Empire, working with and many of the main players of the Rebellion to be, including (so far) Bail, Lando, R2, 3P0, and soon Leia herself.
    • Communicated (ing) with Yoda
    The show/creators/writers have to present the character and story so as not to trump Luke's journey set 5 years later, and not to step too-closely in the same steps. Many of the same problems with "where was Ahsoka in Episode 3?" that came up with TCW's are compounded with Rebels.
    An interesting way to take the story Ezra to get separated from the Ghost crew for a period of time and become enmeshed in the dark side more than Luke was but not to the extent Anakin was in betraying the Jedi order. This could have something to do with the "call me old master" we see in the trailer and the "knowledge" that is brought up so many times. It could be a subtle seduction, where Ezra learns something (from a Sith holocron, perhaps?) that he can't stop thinking about once he gets back with the Ghost. Not "I can use the dark side to bring back my parents from the dead" but something that perhaps makes the Jedi POV appear cold-blooded, where people are sacrificed if that is what "is to be," which I can see Ezra fighting (as Anakin did).

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Ezra more or less decides to learn more about the dark side in order to beat it. But, in the end, it consumes him - just as the Grand Inquisitor warned.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015

Wait a moment, now I see you asked me about a Sith temple.

It is not a Sith temple that is under the Jedi temple, it is a Sith shrine. Just for clarification.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    For the Sith shrine, I picture McQuarrie's underground lava throne room.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  8. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Uh... I read Tarkin, when is this mentioned?

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I was under the impression that the Jedi Temple was intentionally erected over the remains of the Sith Temple to suppress any residual darkside influence, but eventually it had the opposite result.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I believe thats how it was explained.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the preview for Legends of the Lasat, Zeb says "by the Ashla." In early screenplays, the light side was called "the Ashla" and the dark sid was called "the Bogan."

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In the EU book Dawn of the Jedi the Dark and light side are both called there prespective names.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Is he referring to that ball of yellow energy?