main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Dark Side: The Misunderstood Side of the Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Random_Nerd, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Random_Nerd

The_Random_Nerd Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2015
    I shouldn't have let this stand in the first place.

You've shown zero interest in our forum's community beyond using it for hits of your blog. No more.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Darkside is the representation of Satanic evil in the SW universe. "How will I know the good side from the bad", Luke. Its all the negative energy and emotions and tied to traditional Christianity's vices and sins, they're demonic and pagan. The darkside feeds off of death and vampiric in nature, as they consume lifeforces and feed off of all that kinda thing, not unlike plagues of locusts. The Sith Code itself Gaider had reversed the Jedi Code and complemented it with a Sith philosophy inspired by Hitler's Mein Kampf.

Someone trained to use the darkside can go good, just as someone trained to use the lightside can go bad, but thats not really the same thing. The darkside consumes you and twists and warps you, and you basically transform into another creature eventually the more you use it/ and it uses you. You do terrible things, and yet it makes you feel good, almost like a drug. There is also a difference of those who are under the influence of the darkside and those who have embraced it and wield it. Sith Lords are the avatars of the darkside, those that they corrupt are lesser creatures which also includes the Jedi who themelves have been led astray by being under the influence of the Sith and darkside shroud. The Sith and apparently only Talzin among the Nightsisters , and the Son of Mortis(who was under the Sith's guidence but that was cut to make him another manifestation of the Sith/darkside)knew how to wield the darkside.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I have a headache.

Trip likes this.
  4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I'm in agreement, that the Dark Side seems like a sort of 'offensive powers' list. The Force in general can be used for evil deeds, but it doesn't mean that a certain collection of Force Powers are inherently evil. Even Force Supernova could be used to stop something as dangerous as a Death Star, and it would mean the power was used for good.

I'm someone who's into Star Wars for the sci-fi aspect so I'm not really into that good and evil duality. The Sith are pretty bad, but they're not inherently evil. Their code is based on individualistic independence. Most of us follow their code indirectly in the real world. The problem is that the Sith barely follow it themselves accurately.

5. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    With all the Star Wars stories now the Darkside could be viewed as grey but originally it was intended to be very black and white. In the Original Trilogy the Lightside is the good side and represents everything a person should be (I'm talking about before Lucas added all the weird celibacy rules to the Jedi in the Prequel Trilogy). The Darkside is shown in Vader and the Emperor and is made very unsympathetic you're supposed to root for Luke and his struggle. We start to feel bad for Vader in ROTJ because we realize how corrupting and evil the Darkside is. So, no I don't agree the Darkside is misunderstood.

6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The light side isn't in the original trilogy.

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I never saw the Dark Side as evil per say, rather it was the cause of evil. But then again 'evil' is a very subjective term as someone could say something which causes evil as being evil itself.

I don't see the Dark Side as a representation of Satan really, since that is far too western for Star Wars. Rather the Dark Side is an aspect of nature, while Satan is really the opposite of the natural world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.