main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Side Within - 40 ABY, AU.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Eleventh_Guard, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    We will begin when we have at least 5 characters on each side - normal and shadow.

Deep within a cave on Dagobah, evil is alive and well. Inside is a portal to a shadowy world, containing every Jedi's Dark counterpart, and every Dark Jedi's pure counterpart. (In other words, evil/Dark Side character, in shadow character form, are of the light side!) In this RP, the veil between the galaxy and its dark self has been lifted, allowing the ones from the shadow world to cross over into the galaxy, battling for their own causes. The Jedi of the opposite universe come for sanctuary and to help fight against the dark forces in the real world; the Dark ones wish to expand their influence and fight for dominion. The normal-universe Jedi are trying to close the portal, obviously.

The shadow universe is exactly like the normal one, in terms of government structure, planets, etc. and is geographically identical, with identical technology. Both sides of the character look the same, though their scars and other disfigurements will not be. The Dark Jedi dominate there, and corruption is everywhere. The story, however, takes place completely in the normal universe.

Rules for Choosing Characters:
    1. Canon characters only. Minor canon characters are fine.
    2. You can have 1 or 2 characters. If you have two, they can't be the Light and Dark sides of the same character. (i.e. you can have Luke and Dark Leia, but not Luke and Dark Luke) You can choose the opposite form of a character chosen by somebody else. (i.e. if Tahiri is played by someone, you can still take Dark Tahiri.)
    3. Non-Force users can be played, but only in the normal universe. There is no Dark Han.
    4. Dead Force-using characters can be played if they are shadow characters and probably would be alive at the time in question were it not for an early demise. If in doubt, ask by PM; I'll make the final decision.
    5. If in doubt over whether a character is light or dark in the "real" universe - if they're not clearly and obviously dark, they're light. Again, if in doubt, PM.

General Rules:
    1. Follow the TOS.
    2. No God-moding.
    3. Cursing is restricted to Star Wars-specific curses (and the mild words that are within TOS).

Use the following form:
    Name:
    Shadow or Normal:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Affiliation: (Self-explanatory for normal universe characters; for shadow universe characters, if they're Jedi normally, you're a Dark Jedi, if they're Dark Jedi, Sith, etc., then you're Jedi.)
    Personality: For shadow characters, the personality should have some similarities to the normal one, although twisted, and some differences are fine.
    Goals:
    Appearance (describe or link to a picture):
    Weapons:
    Skills:
    Bio (describe or link):

Shadow characters start on Dagobah and go from there. Everybody else starts on Coruscant.

I will create my characters when we're ready to start, so you can have free choice over which to take.

2. ZEAL92

ZEAL92 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2006
    Name: Mace Windu
    Shadow or Normal: Shadow
    Homeworld: ??????
    Affiliation: Sith Lord
    Personality:
    Goals: Destroy Yoda and (light) Mace Windu
    Appearance (describe or link to a picture): http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jedipowerbattles/characters/mace.htm
    Weapons: Two red lgiht sabers
    Skills: Sith lord(e.x. Force Lightning, Force Choke, force Drain)
    Bio (describe or link): http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jedipowerbattles/characters/mace.htm

3. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    This looks cool, I'll post a character sheet later tonight, right now I have to study and i'm on my laptop which can't handle links. I'll probably be light-side Mace and either dark or light side Obi-Wan. Please hold them, I promise I will join.

4. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    OK, cool - hey, we might get enough players yet! :D

5. benkenobi151

Jul 16, 2005
    Name: Mace Windu
    Shadow or Normal: Normal
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Haruun Kal
    Affiliation: Jedi
    Personality: Compassionate, some anger buried inside, some fear
    Goals: To spread peace and justice throughout the galaxy
    Appearance (describe or link to a picture): Dark-skinned; wears plain robes; bald
    Weapons: Purple lightsaber
    Skills: Jedi; Force influence, Force jump, Force push, etc.
    Bio (describe or link): http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/macewindu/index.html

I'll post the Obi one tomorrow, sorry.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Looks interesting, so here goes! I'll pick up a Jedi/Sith character as well, just need more time to decide which one. :p

Name: Han Solo
    Shadow or Normal: Normal
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
    Personality: Cocky, quick-witted and sometimes arrogant but with a heart of gold
    Goals: Making it to retirement without getting himself killed
    Appearance (describe or link to a picture): Han
    Weapons: DL-44 blaster pistol
    Skills: Excellent pilot and skilled marksman; also has a real knack for anything mechanical
    Bio (describe or link): http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/hansolo/

7. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Light-side Mace died in RotS... he's gone, unless you want to retcon the death and say he survived to 40ish ABY somehow. We can work with that.

I will be gone from this thread until Thursday. Tomorrow I work and I have two classes after work so when I get home, it will be late and I will be cranky and tired. I might check in between classes if I have time.

8. benkenobi151

Jul 16, 2005
    Well since this is an AU RPG I thought I could do that.:D

9. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Name: Palpatine
    Shadow or Normal: Shadow(Pure)
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Affiliation: Jedi
    Personality: More like yoda?s, than palpatines.(In my opinion, regular palpatine is a dark, taller version of yoda. But then again, im a weird person, with weird views.)
    Goals: Keep the Empire from rising again?
    Appearance (describe or link to a picture): http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/reviews/palpy/palpy01.jpg
    (Except light clothing, Shades of brown and tan.)
    Weapons: Lightsaber, Green (The complementary color of Red.)
    Skills: Same as palpatine, I think. If not just tell me.
    Bio (describe or link): I don?t have time to put this down right now, but im pretty sure everyone knows who palpatine is. And if im his ?Light? side, im good not evil.

Oh, Yah. I got a good way for Mace Windu to survive if your still looking, if you want to hear it, PM me.

10. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    (checking in from school)

Yeah... that's why if there's a reason that it works, even a flimsy one, it's okay. The details are up in the first post, but some can bend a bit.

11. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Well the way it could work... is that when he was thrown from the room, he hit another building instead of falling to his death. He landed on someones balcony... if you want some side effects for it, he could have lost part of his memory or something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.